Coolpad Catalyst (3622A) FRP bypass Acheived!

Search This thread

keysersoze573

Nov 5, 2010
I have successfully performed a frp bypass on this phone running 5.1.1. It was Accomplished as follows:

Boot phone all the way to login screen for google account. Once there enter google keyboard settings. Hit the 3 dots select help and feedback. select any topic, then highlight any word and click web search. When the websearch box appears type in chrome. Select the chrome icon at the bottom. Once chrome opens google kingoroot. Goto the kingoroot page and install the kingoroot app. Run the app and root the phone. Once the phone is rooted google the termux app. Download the termux app and run it. Once you have the termux app running the first thing you want to do is get root permissions. Type su and hit enter. Then type in this:
content insert --uri content://settings/secure --bind name:s:user_setup_complete --bind value:s:1
hit enter
then type reboot

when the phone reboots go to settings and do a factory reset.

and presto. go thru setup without any google account associated to the phone.

Last edited:

dlo527

May 3, 2015
Bakersfield
Thank you

This worked perfect,it took a little while to get the downloads but it did just what you said.now to unbrick my other one...

dlo527

May 3, 2015
Bakersfield
Getting the same issue....

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

does the string go like this : --uri content://settings/secure <space> --bind name:s:user_setup_complete <space> --bind value:s:1
Its " -- " ,not a space but literally dash dash
There is a space after complete before -- {like this: complete --bind}
Same as the other example you asked about,no space after -- though

Last edited:
Reactions: HACK3DANDR0ID

HACK3DANDR0ID

May 25, 2017
New Jersey
Normally when I have to do these I'm like the last to figure it out if at all. Basically you are typing 4 separate times.there is an <enter> near the end that was left out....were you able to get root first?

i tried with King Root, no go. I switched to phh's superuser and it seemed to work. Do you know of any custom recoveries yet?

MichiganManSeven

Jul 15, 2017
Hmmm..

How Long Did It tAke for you guys to download Termux v0.53_apkpure.com.apk???
Because it has been saying downloading for sometime...

Curious... Cause it seems it's not going anywhere to finish downloading.

dlo527

May 3, 2015
Bakersfield

I had to Google that and download it from a different site,also it's tricky to get the downloads to work because a separate screen comes up that doesn't download,since u are supposed to be locked out the phone wants to go back to keeping you from doing anything

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

i tried with King Root, no go. I switched to phh's superuser and it seemed to work. Do you know of any custom recoveries yet?

Use kingoroot,not king root,at least for this.and no recoveries.....I have another one bootlooped I wanna fix but idk how to make all those yet

Reactions: HACK3DANDR0ID

MichiganManSeven

Jul 15, 2017
I have tried 6 different servers to download Termux... None have finished downloading or would not download after clicking on link on each server...
(Zippyshare, sendspace, mediafire, apk4fun, googleplay, rapidgator) I'm at a wits end...

dlo527

May 3, 2015
Bakersfield
I have tried 6 different servers to download Termux... None have finished downloading or would not download after clicking on link on each server...
(Zippyshare, sendspace, mediafire, apk4fun, googleplay, rapidgator) I'm at a wits end...

I used media fire,but that's what I meant about the downloads being the hard part...I had to try for 3 hours to get it.but since we tricked the phone into getting online,it is still trying to boot us back out.i just had to press back alot and make sure I was in chrome instead of Google search app.....ahhh haaaa!!that's what it was.i remember checking the search bar and how it searched.in chrome browser ,actually typing Google shouldn't bring up the Google app as an option,just google.idk I tryied a billion times,just make sure u use chrome browser

SneakyBastard

Apr 10, 2008
Modesto
I have successfully performed a frp bypass on this phone running 5.1.1. It was Accomplished as follows:

Boot phone all the way to login screen for google account. Once there enter google keyboard settings. Hit the 3 dots select help and feedback. select any topic, then highlight any word and click web search. When the websearch box appears type in chrome. Select the chrome icon at the bottom. Once chrome opens google kingoroot. Goto the kingoroot page and install the kingoroot app. Run the app and root the phone. Once the phone is rooted google the termux app. Download the termux app and run it. Once you have the termux app running the first thing you want to do is get root permissions. Type su and hit enter. Then type in this:
content insert --uri content://settings/secure --bind name:s:user_setup_complete --bind value:s:1
hit enter
then type reboot

First.... I am assuming the phone should be connected via WiFi? Or not?

Second.... I cannot seem to find any keyboard settings nor can I find an extended menu...the three vertical dots.

Any ideas??

And 3rd... the Termux app ver. o.53 can be downloaded ...HERE... with no issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: BookCase

888Plugin8.com

Mar 26, 2015
Thank you very much. Worked great for me. Had to try couple times, but FRP is gone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for sharing, this worked flawlessly for me. I just want to send a heads up to everyone here, DO NOT update if you get a notice for OTA update from your carrier!!!

I had gained root on the device using KingoRoot and was able to bypass the FRP lock once I had gained root by following the instructions in THIS thread. I factory reset the device and everything was working perfectly and was once again unrooted (I believed). I received a notification for an OTA update from MetroPCS and clicked Yes to install the update. The phone began the update process, rebooted into bootloader and failed halfway through. Now the phone will not boot. It loops and eventually ends up in the factory recovery mode. I tried another factory reset to no avail. I am able to boot into recovery or fastboot but, nothing more.

I am unable to find any factory images or update.zip's to fix this issue, anywhere. If anyone here knows how to make a backup that I could flash through adb or recovery, please let me know here or through PM. I'd be extremely grateful!

Last edited:
Reactions: Arizona Perry

☆KØŁØЯΛĐØ☆

Oct 20, 2016
Indianapolis
(Confirmed) 100% Working Method

I personally tested this method & can conclude it is working flawlessly. For those folks that have English as a secondary language or those that have a hard time following simple step-by-step instructions, I'll reiterate to the simplest form possible..

Download the apk I've provided > Sideload it to the root of your Coolpad's Internal Storage via pc & usb or ext SD Card

***WiFi or Data Connection required***

Navigate this path from Google Keyboard Settings:
1) 3 dots menu > Help & Feedback > Select any topic > Highlight any word > Web search > Search Kingroot apk download
2) Download/Install/Run Kingroot
3) After obtaining root w/ Kingroot, Navigate back to the Web Search page > search File > open any file manager app

If your device doesn't have a pre-installed File Manager, go back to Web Search & search ES File Manager apk > Download & Install apk > Open app

4) Internal Storage > Install Terminal Emulator app > Run the terminal
5) Input su & grant root access
6) After obtaining root access, input the following command exactly how you see it here:

7) Unless the terminal replies back with some sort of error message, all you need to do is reboot the Coolpad (input am restart for a hot reboot)

Once the device reboots, it will take you directly to the home screen. From there, you're free to sign in to any of your Google Accounts. No need to do a factory reset unless desired.

This sh¡t was already pretty easy to do thanks to @keysersoze573 but why some folks still had questions, I'd rather not know. Hopefully nobody has questions now.

Do NOT ask what the fцck sideload is or how to do it. Open up another Web page & Google it. Learn some sh¡t on your own like the rest of us. We're here to teach, not hold your hand

★KØŁØЯΛĐØ★

Attachments

• TerminalEmulator.apk
    551.4 KB · Views: 518

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

hit enter
    then type reboot

(Confirmed) 100% Working Method

I personally tested this method & can conclude it is working flawlessly. For those folks that have English as a secondary language or those that have a hard time following simple step-by-step instructions, I'll reiterate to the simplest form possible..

Download the apk I've provided > Sideload it to the root of your Coolpad's Internal Storage via pc & usb or ext SD Card

***WiFi or Data Connection required***

Navigate this path from Google Keyboard Settings:
    1) 3 dots menu > Help & Feedback > Select any topic > Highlight any word > Web search > Search Kingroot apk download
    2) Download/Install/Run Kingroot
    3) After obtaining root w/ Kingroot, Navigate back to the Web Search page > search File > open any file manager app

If your device doesn't have a pre-installed File Manager, go back to Web Search & search ES File Manager apk > Download & Install apk > Open app

4) Internal Storage > Install Terminal Emulator app > Run the terminal
    5) Input su & grant root access
    6) After obtaining root access, input the following command exactly how you see it here:

7) Unless the terminal replies back with some sort of error message, all you need to do is reboot the Coolpad (input am restart for a hot reboot)

Once the device reboots, it will take you directly to the home screen. From there, you're free to sign in to any of your Google Accounts. No need to do a factory reset unless desired.

This sh¡t was already pretty easy to do thanks to @keysersoze573 but why some folks still had questions, I'd rather not know. Hopefully nobody has questions now.

Do NOT ask what the fцck sideload is or how to do it. Open up another Web page & Google it. Learn some sh¡t on your own like the rest of us. We're here to teach, not hold your hand

★KØŁØЯΛĐØ★
    Ok so I tried this and when it restarted and went to factory it still had Google lock on it
    After I type in su and hit enter
    The next command you give donts work say uri not found

Getting the same issue....

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

does the string go like this : --uri content://settings/secure <space> --bind name:s:user_setup_complete <space> --bind value:s:1
    :cool: Thank to KOLORADO!! Worked on and off for 2 days messin with this cool pad trying various methods to overcome the FRP lock, your process and suggested command line took 10 minutes, literally took me longer to type it than anything else. ppreciate ya

S'all good. Glad to hear your success. Much obliged to helping out the Android community. Props for not giving up. Never quit trying different sh¡t - so long as you have a backup of your device partitions, you'll be solid

★KØŁØЯΛĐØ★