Hello guys! I have a Cube i7, and few days ago I posted this on Ubuntu Forums, do you guys have any idea?
I'm new on the forum and some kind of new using Linux systems. I've been using Elementary OS for a year but then I decided to move to Ubuntu. Last month I bought a "Cube i7 Remix" and I tried to install linux on it. The tablet comes with Android 4.4 installed (Remix OS) but there's a very similar version of this tablet with Windows 8 pre-installed. So I was able to install and run Ubuntu on it. Some drivers weren't detected (such audio, bluetooth, wifi and others) but I got wifi working after following the tutorial described here.
It's incredible how fast Ubuntu runs on it, before trying to install and upgrade all the drivers, I still need to fix a little issue. No matter which distro I install (Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu), it's boot perfectly and I'm able to do whatever I want, but after a while it crashes with no reason, I can't use the keyboard or mouse and I need to force it to restart by holding the power button.
I've been trying to check if there's any log but I couldn't find anything, any advice guys? I really want to work to get Linux working on this tablet, I think would be must powerful running Linux than Android.
Troubleshoot steps taken:
- Wipe all the internal memory and reinstall the SO
- Create a new Live USB with (GTP to EFI) Is the way I got it to boot.
- Tried to make all the updates (by it most of the times crashes in the middle of the process)
- Tried to remove any proprietary drivers (no results)
Is important to mention that when I'm running linux from the LIVE USB I have no issue, no matter for how long I use it.
- CPU: 64 bit Intel Z3735F quad core, X86- GPU: Intel HD Graphics Gen7
- RAM: 2GB DDR3L
- ROM: 32GB SSD
- Screen: IPS Capacitive touch screen
- Dual Camera: Support 2MP front camera, 5MP back camera -NOT WORKING
- Gravity Sensor: Yes - NOT TESTED
- Multi-Touch: Yes - NOT WORKING
- WIFI: 802.11 b/g/n - WORKS AFTER COMPILING THE DRIVER
- HDMI: support Micro HDMI - NO TESTED
- 3G: 3G dongle - NOT TESTED
- Bluetooth: V4.0 - NOT WORKING
- OTG: support - WORKING
- TF card: support up to 32GB - WORKING
- Loudspeaker: dual speakers - NOT WORKING
Any advice guys? Any place that I could look to get some light on it? I've been digging a lot before writing this thread, but since the device is quite new, there's no much information about it.
Thank you so much!