By blahmartinblah, Senior Member on 27th September 2015, 10:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th August 2019, 11:12 PM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantantrollo

**1- the app "Cube ACR" gives notice that you will not record (and not record) voip conversations, such as telegram, whatapps, etc, which does work with the last official ROM.

I never had the requirement myself to record VoIP, so I had not looked into this topic until today.

As this seems to work fine with the stock ROM, as you are describing, and as I am using the kernel source as released by Elephone for the device drivers and all the original hardware-related binaries from the stock ROM, I assume it should be possible to get this to work using one or both of the changes to build.properties as mentioned in several threads on xda and others:
Code:
persist.call_recording.enabled=true
persist.call_recording.src=4
The reason why this seems to be disabled in CM builds by default is legal restrictions/regulations in multiple home countries, but the build.prop change is said to allow to override this.

Haven't tried this myself, but I hope you should be able to test it out with my ROM using Magisk and the MagiskHide PropsConfig module immediately (by setting the properties mentioned above as additional custom properties).
I am open to try and set these properties on subsequent builds, but please be warned: It might take a quite while until I find the time to release an updated build - don't expect anything before the Christmas holidays, to be honest...

Quote:

**2- When I connect via USB to a PC, to share the connection, it only works, on the PC, or on the phone, but not both at the same time.

I'm not aware of any issues related to USB connections. Please be much more specific about what you are trying to do over USB: What do you mean by "sharing"? Sharing the internet access of the device to the PC or the other way round (i.e. "tethering" via USB - as opposed to WLAN)?

Quote:

On the phone I have 2 SIMs from different companies and they don't seem to work in any. Note, with the original ROM, if they work well. With the last official ROM, after entangling for a while, I get the second SIM (the one that does not support 4G) to work well.

Again, I am not aware of any issues with regards to the dual SIM functionality. I am using it myself in dual SIM mode, which works fine for me. What are your desired providers for SIM 1 and SIM 2? Can you post a full "getprop" output from a P6000 Pro command line shell ("adb shell getprop")?

Quote:

****With another ROM, "elephone-p6000-pro-lineage-14-1" (web needrom), and based on android 7.1, they work without problem. This ROM seems to work quite well, except also for the telephone call recorder, Cube ACR, which also does not support voip, (it may in the end have to do with the kernel, and not with the ROM itself, although I do not understand much of it)

I have also checked out that ROM (possibly an earlier build version). If you find that this ROM runs fine for you, feel free to try the above hints (persist.call_recording.enabled) using Magisk with that ROM.
For me, this ROM was not appropriate for daily use due to its battery drain - I assume that it runs too many background tasks that are not working for P6000Pro, but eat up battery life because they wake up in regular intervals just to fail another time...

Hope this helps & best regards
awl
10th August 2019, 04:41 PM |#172  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awl14

Hello,
Haven't tried this myself, but I hope you should be able to test it out with my ROM using Magisk and the MagiskHide PropsConfig module immediately (by setting the properties mentioned above as additional custom properties).
I am open to try and set these properties on subsequent builds, but please be warned: It might take a quite while until I find the time to release an updated build - don't expect anything before the Christmas holidays, to be honest...

No problem, there is no hurry
As soon as I switch back to this ROM again, I will test the changes you note in the build.properties

Quote:

I'm not aware of any issues related to USB connections. Please be much more specific about what you are trying to do over USB: What do you mean by "sharing"? Sharing the internet access of the device to the PC or the other way round (i.e. "tethering" via USB - as opposed to WLAN)?

Sorry, yes, I meant, as you said, to share via USB the internet connection with the PC (tethering "via USB), in which either the connection only works on the PC, or only the connection works on the mobile, but not at the same time

Quote:

I have also checked out that ROM (possibly an earlier build version). If you find that this ROM runs fine for you, feel free to try the above hints (persist.call_recording.enabled) using Magisk with that ROM.
For me, this ROM was not appropriate for daily use due to its battery drain - I assume that it runs too many background tasks that are not working for P6000Pro, but eat up battery life because they wake up in regular intervals just to fail another time...

I will also test the changes you mention above in the build.properties. Personally I have not noticed an excessive consumption of battery with respect to these ROMs based on Android 5.1, I usually disable many services and app starts that I do not use

Thank you very much for the ROM, and for the prompt reply
10th August 2019, 10:08 PM |#173  

More
Quote:

Sorry, yes, I meant, as you said, to share via USB the internet connection with the PC (tethering "via USB), in which either the connection only works on the PC, or only the connection works on the mobile, but not at the same time

Can you still be more specific please: Which "general" USB mode is your device in when you see the issue (MTP, PTP, mass storage - I assume it won't work in "loading only"), and do you have "USB debugging" enabled at the same time? When you describe your scenario exactly enough, I may be able to reproduce it...
And do you try to share the phone's mobile internet connection, or its WLAN connection to the target PC that does neither have WLAN nor other net access?

Quote:

I will also test the changes you mention above in the build.properties. Personally I have not noticed an excessive consumption of battery with respect to these ROMs based on Android 5.1, I usually disable many services and app starts that I do not use

The battery drain I noticed when I tested this ROM was not due to installed apps, but I was referring to "system" services that you can neither see in the "Apps" dialog in Settings, nor activate/deactivate without root access (most are even started during init). You often can use logcat to browse error messages in order to detect these scenarios...

Quote:

Thank you very much for the ROM, and for the prompt reply

You're welcome, and as stated in the ROM's readme, most of the thanks go to Deepflex and the cm12-amami team - I mainly assembled these two parts into one ROM
Regarding changing build.properties in order to try to get VoIP recording to work correctly, please report back here aubout your results when you have found some time to try it out...

Best,
awl

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Ah, and one more thing regarding the USB tethering issue: What operating system and (if on Windows) MTK driver or (if on Linux) kernel version are you using on the PC? I think I have seen official Android docs by Google stating that USB tethering to Apple MacOS is not even expected to work...

And I just remembered that for quite a while, I had issues on IIRC Ubuntu 16.04, where USB connection was flaky all the time, while at the same time and to the exact same PC (i.e. hardware identical), connection was rock-solid to Windows 10...
11th August 2019, 12:44 PM |#174  

More
Quote:

Can you still be more specific please: Which "general" USB mode is your device in when you see the issue (MTP, PTP, mass storage - I assume it won't work in "loading only"), and do you have "USB debugging" enabled at the same time? When you describe your scenario exactly enough, I may be able to reproduce it...
And do you try to share the phone's mobile internet connection, or its WLAN connection to the target PC that does neither have WLAN nor other net access?

All the tests have been with the latest version of windows 10 64bits, basically without changes, since they were all done in a couple of days, the 3 ROMs, yours, the last official, and the lineageOS based on 7.1.
In the last two ROMs that I mention, if tethering via USb works well, that is, I have an active connection on the PC as on the smarphone at the same time.

Of course, with USB debuging and MTP enabled

Quote:

Regarding changing build.properties in order to try to get VoIP recording to work correctly, please report back here aubout your results when you have found some time to try it out...

Best,
awl[COLOR="Silver"]

No problem, as soon as I change ROM again, I will publish the results of changing those values in build.properties

Un Saludo
26th December 2019, 12:16 PM |#175  

More
sorry for my lamness...but how to install securty patches?
"P6000_Pro_BuildScripts_cm12.1-deepflex_SecurityPatchLevel-05Dec2018.tar.bz2" - i found this next to custom rom zip....AND there is no instruction about this in the README.TXT....why?

and what is the purpose of this int the custom rom zip: "gapps-config.txt" ???

Quote:

CM12 (due to the use of cm12-amami, which backports ASB patches through the great initiative of the cm12-amami team): https://forum.xda-developers.com/son...tches-t3614936

I've always found any efforts to port CM14 to the P6000 Pro to suffer from battery drain and other instability issues probably due to incompabilities between its 5.1.1-based device/vendor tree and CM14 binaries...

26th December 2019, 01:39 PM |#176  

More
Hello balfek,

Quote:
Originally Posted by balfek

sorry for my lamness...but how to install securty patches?

The answer is simple: You don't/you can't - you can only install the most recent complete ROM image as provided by me. In an ideal world, I would be willing to compile and offer them every month (as long as cm12-amami does offer their security updates). But due to time restrictions in the real world (this is nothing but a hobby) I only find time for doing so sporadically - maybe three times a year.
(Note that this is Android 5.1, so installing security patches on a single patch basis was just not invented...)

So for now, please use my latest build (ASB 2019-04-05), but please stay tuned: Once my Ryzen 9-based new home workstation has been fully set up, I plan to provide a current build based on cm12-amami ASB 2019-12-05 release until mid-January...

Quote:

"P6000_Pro_BuildScripts_cm12.1-deepflex_SecurityPatchLevel-05Dec2018.tar.bz2" - i found this next to custom rom zip....AND there is no instruction about this in the README.TXT....why?

This is only my personal build script to start the whole build process based on deepflex's work and cm12-amami on my machine - this was intended to see whether there is some interest by other people to also build a ROM on their own - but you are the first one to ask...

Quote:

and what is the purpose of this int the custom rom zip: "gapps-config.txt" ???

The gapps-config.txt provides some default values for the gapps package that provides you with Google standard apps on top of LineageOS/CyanogenMod 12.1. IIRC, if it is present in the current directory when you install a gapps ZIP package, it will automagically be taken into account. You may want to do some research yourself about which apps you do like to install by default, and which you prefer to not be installed, and modify the file accordingly.

Hope this helps, and have a merry Christmas, great holiday season and a happy New Year!
awl
14th January 2020, 01:50 PM |#177  

More
hi, happy new year

i made as you advice: stock rom, then jemimi recovery, clean install, your rom, gapps5.1, then instantly magisk....

but i have a lot of problem:
1. no deep sleep (max 5-8%) - kernel wakelocks: mainly powermanager, but lot of partial WL and alarms too (eg. from android system, calendar storage...)
2. very fast draining - around 10-12h with 2-3h SOT (and because there is no no deep sleep...)
3. i cant see the 4G, 3G, 2g signs on status bar - just an exclamation mark.. (ok, sometimes, eg !Gsign showed up, when the phone is freezing before self-reboot...but after rebbot there is just again an exclam.mark)
4. i cant delete system apps (ok, i use magisk) with any apk (Link2SD, SDmaid, Root explorer, etc with root permissions) - sometimes they write it out: "failed removing", sometimes suggest it was successful...but after reboot i still see the deleted apps...
5. KErnel adiutor doesn't see "wakelocks"...
6. In the LSpeed apps'log I see this (after when it try to apply aggressive doze or something): "device/kernel doesnt support DOZE"
7. I use Greenify...no affect...no deep sleep
8. sometimes its freezing without any special cause

why dont your kernel support DOZE ? maybe its buggy?
how can i change kernel?
what apps do you use for blocking wakelocks on Lollipop? I couldnt find any apps for this purpose.
14th January 2020, 11:28 PM |#178  

More
Hello and sorry for your bad experience,

BUT: I am almost certain that it's not about my ROM, but either you might have an hardware issue with your P6000 Pro, or it's the plain fact that you seem to be using an awful lot of (5 or more) low-level system applications at the same time which heavily interfere with each other and most probably are the cause of all your troubles.

The only one of all the low-level apps you listed that I use as well is Magisk in order to make my device Safety.Net compliant. I can confirm that any recent combo of Magisk Manager and Magisk works completely fine on the P6000 Pro with my ROM.

I think that both Kernel Adiutor and the Doze mode have been designed for Android versions later than Lollipop, so I doubt that using them makes any sense.

In order to confirm (or exclude, but I'm rather sure they are the root cause) your bunch of system applications as the source of the issues that you are seeing, can you please reinstall nothing but my plain ROM and then see whether a) the phone and the phone status line works properly (even for roaming - I put a lot of effort into it to make this work, as this was broken with early CM12.1 for dual SIM phones as well as with the MTK code contained in Deepflex's build) and b) you get no battery drain at all (you may want to confirm this by using Better Battery Stats [which might be as old as the Android 5.1, but at least works properly on it] installed as an APK).

Once you have confirmed that it's not my ROM to be blamed for all your issues, please move forward and add gapps on a subsequent installation attempt, and only then and only very carefully, one by one, any other low-level system apps. I personally don't need any other system level apps other than Magisk with the Magisk Hide Props Config module and Busybox, Better Battery Stats and possibly an app that confirms that Safety.Net returns proper values.

If you stay with a decent set of applications that make sense to be installed on a 2015 Lollipop phone, you should get a good user experience, but you must not expect to be able to run the most recent system-level apps on such an old device...

Edit: I forgot to say that with ~ 30 apps installed, I don't have any battery drain issues at all, and my battery typically lasts for between 12-48 hours, depending on how much I use apps/the screen. Making phone calls by far consumes less power than e.g. video playback or other permanent use of the screen. And yes, Better Battery Stats confirms that my phone is in "deep sleep" mode for most of the time when the screen is off.

Ah, and please note that - as clearly stated in the README - it's not "my" kernel, as "my" build only consists of combining other people's work to form a current ASB-level build for the P6000 pro:
  • visi0nary's kernel (I am almost certain that I am using the latest available source for this type of device which includes all needed kernel driver modules)
  • Deepflex's original build for the P6000 Pro in terms of his "device " and "vendor" tree
  • cm12-amami as the most current build of CM 12.1 making it possible to provide current ASB levels
  • the latest stock ROM to update the binaries for "device" and "vendor" tree

BTW: Stay tuned - depending on my free time, I plan to provide a new build of my ROM based on ASB level 2020-01-05, i.e. the current January 2020 version of cm12-amami, and hope to have this available until the end of January...

Hope this helps & best regards
awl

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Another addition: You say

"very fast draining - around 10-12h with 2-3h SOT (and because there is no no deep sleep...)"

But please keep in mind that the battery included in this old device only has (IIRC) 2700 mAh, which is quite low compared to current devices, so a screen-on-time of 2-3 hours is not too bad, is it?
It is at least sufficient to watch a full 90 minutes football match...

Most probably, I also don't have much more than 2-3 hours screen-on-time, but - as can be confirmed from the logcat logs as well as using BetterBatteryStats, this is not due to any battery draining app (other than the screen).

If the phone is in standby mode with screen off all the time, IIRC, BetterBatteryStats says that it loses 1,2% of its load per hour, which would mean that in theory, you should be able to get ~80 hours of standby only.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm12, elephone, elephone-p6000-pro, mediatek, mtk6753, p6000 pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)