FORUMS

[ROOT][FIRMWARE][BOOTLOADER][RECOVERY] RCA Viking Pro (RCT6303W87DK) One Stop Shop!

448 posts
Thanks Meter: 192

By smartmanvartan, Senior Member on 28th February 2016, 06:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2020, 08:39 PM |#1001  
Flag Morristown, TN
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral X

I've been at this for the better part of a week, so I'm willing to try anything that may help get it sorted out. I'll try this, and let you know how it goes... thanks again!

No problem. I ran into this same rock on a Lenovo for months. Once I got TEST SIGNING enabled and got the vCOM drivers properly installed, my device had instant communication with my PC via USB connection/SP Flash Tool. Let me know. On my Viking Pro, I've had no problem with using the SP Flash Tool. I have a newer Viking Pro like yours.
15th June 2020, 10:01 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
No such luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva La Android

No problem. I ran into this same rock on a Lenovo for months. Once I got TEST SIGNING enabled and got the vCOM drivers properly installed, my device had instant communication with my PC via USB connection/SP Flash Tool. Let me know. On my Viking Pro, I've had no problem with using the SP Flash Tool. I have a newer Viking Pro like yours.

Turns out the drivers were already signed, but I uninstalled them and they re-installed easily with Test Signing enabled. Still no luck. funny thing is, all my other android devices are recognized when I connect them in regular, recovery, or fastboot modes - even if only to say "driver not found." This? not even a blip in Device Manager...
17th June 2020, 07:04 PM |#1003  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Bugtussle
Thanks Meter: 3,790

Donate to Me
More
Use Linux
My advice to anyone having trouble connecting your tablets, use a Linux distro (ie: Linux Mint, if you've never used Linux before, Ubuntu has a lot of support too). You don't have to install it, just use it from the USB. IF you're lucky enough to have a USB 3.x interface, whichever distro you choose will run fairly well from it. USB 2 will be a bit slow, but will still work.

There will be a few hoops to jump through, like setting up udev rules and such, but after that, everything just works. I was even able to use ADB on my Maven Pro, whereas, it just doesn't work with Windows...
27th June 2020, 07:11 AM |#1004  
Flag Jackson, California
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Access via USB
On Windows 10 it is possible to access the device via USB. This was described by the creator of this post SmartmanVartan and can be found in his tutorial. There about a 5 second window when the device is turned on and plugged into the PC. Device manager is onscreen and the device will show up in the lisstings.
29th June 2020, 12:52 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not able to root old android 4.0.4
so in short fastboot oem unlock does not work for me, need help please. some more details following.

I have an intel old non production version of tab, it has android 4.0.4, no play store etc. I want to root it. tried ADB but not able to unlock the bootloader. below is what all i tried.
1. put in twrp app, but when try to flash it says device not rooted
2. tried rooting the bootloader, using ADB, but when in fastboot mode, it recognize the device (after i some how found drivers for this)
3. but when i run command fastboot oem unlock , it gives error Fail (unkown OEM command)
C:\Users\DJ>fastboot oem unlock
FAILED (remote: unknown OEM command)
finished. total time: 0.363s
C:\Users\DJ>fastboot flashing unlock
Result: Fail (unknown command)
4. tried KingoRoot that too did not root it, it failed
5. I have root access on adb prompt when i do , adb shell i directly get # prompt
6. Below some more info related to architecture
[email protected]:/sdcard/Download # getprop | grep abi
[ro.product.cpu.abi2]: [armeabi-v7a]
[ro.product.cpu.abi]: [x86]
[email protected]:/sdcard/Download #
7. Issue is since this is non production version, i don't find any post as such, and i desperately want to do it to learn and try. any help is much much appreciated
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, firmware, rca, recovery, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)