Verify if your device is using RNDIS 5 driver (1):
- Open Device Manager from Control Panel and expand “Network Adapters.”
- Plug in your device and enable USB Tethering so that the device is detected as Remote NDIS based device.
- This should now create a Network Adapter named as “ [Your Device Name] Remote NDIS based [internet Sharing/network] Device.”
- Right-click the Adapter and select Properties.
- Select the Driver tab and then click Driver Details.
- You can see the driver files if the files are named usb8023x.sys and rndismpx.sys you are using RNDIS 5 Driver.
Updating your driver:
- Option 1: Update your driver NDIS driver manually by selecting the driver's list option on windows wizard driver's update. Unselect show all compatible hardware option, you will get a Microsoft's driver list. You should seek for a RNDIS 6 USB device and click next. This should work on 32bits or 64bits edition.
- Option 2 (64 bits only)(2): Just Download and update your NDIS driver from the attachment below. On Driver's Wizard installation must go through selecting the driver from a list.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...=vs.85%29.aspx. Microsoft says NDIS 6.4 is included on Windows 8.1, don't know why windows chooses RNDIS 5 over RNDIS 6 on my laptop.