More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyaotianxia

step 2 cannot find devinfo.img
when backup files takes forever
step 4 when installing recovery takes forever and adb not responding
what should i do

Device?
The Following User Says Thank You to heineken78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift heineken78 Ad-Free

21st October 2016, 10:04 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
device is Gigaset Me (GS55-6).....I bought it from China, so it doesn't come with google play store. I wanted to root it in order to use play store...any ideas if I can root it? i tried a lot of root software (kingroot, kingoroot, iroot etc..), no luck.
21st October 2016, 10:08 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1,491

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

device is Gigaset Me (GS55-6).....I bought it from China, so it doesn't come with google play store. I wanted to root it in order to use play store...any ideas if I can root it? i tried a lot of root software (kingroot, kingoroot, iroot etc..), no luck.

Mine came from China (they ALL do, thats where theyre made !!) and mine does have the Playstore.
The Following User Says Thank You to typos1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift typos1 Ad-Free
21st October 2016, 11:06 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 1,596

More
Quote:

No way to root yet with common ways. Only via adb shell or via recovery.
But Me and Me Pro have same platform, so take a look what you have at ls dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/. Use this command in adb shell and write me the list of partitions.
If you get error, Gigaset Me may have different storage name (not f9824900.sdhci as me Pro I own). so try ls dev/block/platform/ and find right name of storage, then ls dev/block/platform/STORAGENAME/by-name/ shows list of partitions.
Guys I need partitions of Me!
The Following User Says Thank You to heineken78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift heineken78 Ad-Free
22nd October 2016, 10:51 PM |#15  

More
After I typed ls dev/block/platform, it shows this:

f9824900.sdhci
f98a4900.sdhci

what should I do now?

Thank you..

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

I would guess your device is made for oversea's market...so that is why it has playstore pre installed...I bought mine in China (which made for Chinese market, by law no google)...it makes life so much more difficult, as I have to install 3rd party app store...cannot root the phone now so whenever I open play store it shuts down immediately.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

After I typed this ls dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name, it shows:

DDR
aboot
abootbak
apdp
bluetooth
boot
cache
config
devinfo
dpo
fsc
fsg
hyp
hypbak
keystore
limits
misc
modem
modemst1
modemst2
msadp
persist
pmic
pmicbak
recovery
rpm
rpmbak
sbl1
sbl1bak
sdi
sec
splash
ssd
system
tz
tzbak
userdata

that is all.

I went back tried step 2 again, it shows 01. But when I tried step 4 to do the recovery it says:
aset-me.img of=dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/recovery <
0 records in
0 records out
24 bytes transferred in 2.347 secs <10504398 bytes/sec>

recovery seems still the old factory one.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Hahaha I tried step 4 again it worked!! Now I am in Team win recovery project v2.8.7.0

What should I do now to root the phone??

Thank you very very much you saved the day!!!
22nd October 2016, 11:59 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kiev

More
Quote:

Thank you very very much you saved the day!!!

Download and install supersu.zip
Notice, you have to disable engineering menu root (type password again), because factory adb root and another (supersu) will have conflicts.
So confirmed that this recovery works on Gigaset Me too!
thank you
23rd October 2016, 08:25 AM |#17  

More
thank you thank you thank you...i have disabled the engineering mode. awesome man!

I installed gapps zip from recovery instead of rooting, play store works 100%. but it seems some other old system apps stopped working, all became that android robot icon like camera and sms etc, I download google cameras and google message etc as alternatives, they work fine.

just would like to ask, if i wipe the data and cache from recovery, will all the older system apps work again? and is it possible to install a custom rom? any ideas??
23rd October 2016, 09:34 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kiev

More
Quote:

thank you thank you thank you...i have disabled the engineering mode. awesome man!

I installed gapps zip from recovery instead of rooting, play store works 100%. but it seems some other old system apps stopped working, all became that android robot icon like camera and sms etc, I download google cameras and google message etc as alternatives, they work fine.

just would like to ask, if i wipe the data and cache from recovery, will all the older system apps work again? and is it possible to install a custom rom? any ideas??

You have messed up. Suggest to restore system.img or if you done system backup in twrp and try root again.
23rd October 2016, 10:02 AM |#19  

More
Have I messed up...

I did backup the systembackup.img

when I am in the recovery to flash it, it let me choose either boot or recovery, which one should I choose?

is it possible to find an EU gigaset me Rom? or to install other roms?
23rd October 2016, 11:41 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kiev

More
Quote:

Have I messed up...
I did backup the systembackup.img
when I am in the recovery to flash it, it let me choose either boot or recovery, which one should I choose?
is it possible to find an EU gigaset me Rom? or to install other roms?

You should do backwards procedure to restore system image. Better if you do it while in TWRP recovery.
1) Open TWRP recovery and connect to PC
2) In adb shell on pc: dd if=sdcard/systembackup.img dd of=dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/system
Where systembackup.img name of backup image you done stored on internal memory. This will overwrite system partition to previous state.
For next time I suggest you to make backup in TWRP normal way. It will be faster.
23rd October 2016, 01:52 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
You should try to use the Google installer. Search on Google for "google installer" (sorry. I may not post links) Just hit the blue button and install everything. This might work. No root is required for that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, gigaset, root, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)