Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2017, 05:16 AM |#351  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner_cz

How to enable Camera2 API:
1) Root!
2) Open \system\build.prop, add the string 'persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1' , save, reboot.

I did it, but after reboot and opened "opencamera" there was no setting hdr in menu/photo mode - there was always standard and dro?
The ony difference was an addtional icon for "red eye reduction" but less color-modes ... instead.
Then I changed the string in \system\build.prop to 'persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=true' - but without success.
Now I changed back to the original build.prop.

17th February 2017, 09:22 AM |#352  
Flag spb
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonc

Now I changed back to the original build.prop.

As you wish.

Activating the Camera2 API doen't mean ALL the theoretically possible functionality of the Camera2 API are supported on a particular device. Every vendor usually only builts in some of them. It seems, ours doesn't support HDR via Camera2. I'm using the Snap camera - HDR works OK there.

PS:
After activating Camera2, it's easy to check what particular Camer2 functionality is supported by simply installing and running the following app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ity_test&hl=en

"A Better Camera" also shows all the supported Camera2 features of a device...
The Following User Says Thank You to Runner_cz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Runner_cz Ad-Free
19th February 2017, 10:14 AM |#353  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
After I restored the system the infrared light on the back is always on...anyone knows why? And how to turn it off..
19th February 2017, 11:40 AM |#354  

More
it seems i cannot reboot into recovery anymore, just stuck on gigaset logo. tried to install twrp but nothing happened? is the phone broken?
19th February 2017, 04:58 PM |#355  

More
also tried to reinstall the qualcomm driver, unbricking phone but the infrared light is still on, cannot install twrp, after reboot it is still stock recovery. tried to install chinese rom using QFIL but it says failed to enter emergency download mode...maybe hardware is damaged?
19th February 2017, 06:21 PM |#356  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 1,622

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyaotianxia

also tried to reinstall the qualcomm driver, unbricking phone but the infrared light is still on, cannot install twrp, after reboot it is still stock recovery. tried to install chinese rom using QFIL but it says failed to enter emergency download mode...maybe hardware is damaged?

try to flash persist partition.
The Following User Says Thank You to heineken78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift heineken78 Ad-Free
19th February 2017, 06:55 PM |#357  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heineken78

try to flash persist partition.

how do i do that? flash the persist.zip from the backup link? I managed to get twrp back...the infrared light is still on...i also found the auto brightness is not working, are they related?

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

found a post on xda...entered some commands in adb shell...infrared light is fixed! haha...thank you very much!!!
20th February 2017, 06:33 AM |#358  

More
After fixing the infrared light, the auto brightness is not working, when I try to turn on the flash light, it takes very long. Also when I connect it to a pc and try coping things from ext SD card to internal memory, it says phone is busy. And not responding. Any ideas?
20th February 2017, 07:53 PM |#359  

More
I downloaded the Chinese roms, and copied the persist.img file and flashed it in download mode using your command in unbricking post...everything is working fine now!!! just an update...
The Following User Says Thank You to xueyaotianxia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xueyaotianxia Ad-Free
22nd February 2017, 05:23 AM |#360  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyaotianxia

I use google camera...everything works fine, want to have a try?

Which version of google camera do you use? Do you have a link to a suitable version, because there are versions 2... 3... 4... - and we need arm64 for our gigaset me?
Is the qualitiy of videos same as camera-stock-app which make very smooth videos.
I compared with different other camera-apps (opencamera, snap camera hdr+, google camera 2.7 ...) but none of these have the same shutter-speed and smooth video quality. snap camera hdr+ has similar same photo quality like camera-stock-app but much less shutter-speed and much less quality of smooth videos. In my opinion the camera-stock-app is much faster (shutter speed) and has by far the best video quality (smooth) than other camera apps - snap camera hdr+ has the best usability and setting options.

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner_cz

As you wish.

Activating the Camera2 API doen't mean ALL the theoretically possible functionality of the Camera2 API are supported on a particular device. Every vendor usually only builts in some of them. It seems, ours doesn't support HDR via Camera2. I'm using the Snap camera - HDR works OK there.

PS:
After activating Camera2, it's easy to check what particular Camer2 functionality is supported by simply installing and running the following app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ity_test&hl=en

"A Better Camera" also shows all the supported Camera2 features of a device...

I compared with different other camera-apps (opencamera, snap camera hdr+, google camera 2.7 ...) but none of these have the same shutter-speed and smooth video quality. snap camera hdr+ has similar same photo quality like camera-stock-app but much less shutter-speed and much less quality of smooth videos. In my opinion the camera-stock-app is much faster (shutter speed) and has by far the best video quality (smooth) than other camera apps - snap camera hdr+ has the best usability and setting options. Did you also compared with other camera apps?
22nd February 2017, 06:33 AM |#361  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonc

Which version of google camera do you use? Do you have a link to a suitable version, because there are versions 2... 3... 4... - and we need arm64 for our gigaset me?
Is the qualitiy of videos same as camera-stock-app which make very smooth videos.
I compared with different other camera-apps (opencamera, snap camera hdr+, google camera 2.7 ...) but none of these have the same shutter-speed and smooth video quality. snap camera hdr+ has similar same photo quality like camera-stock-app but much less shutter-speed and much less quality of smooth videos. In my opinion the camera-stock-app is much faster (shutter speed) and has by far the best video quality (smooth) than other camera apps - snap camera hdr+ has the best usability and setting options.

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

I compared with different other camera-apps (opencamera, snap camera hdr+, google camera 2.7 ...) but none of these have the same shutter-speed and smooth video quality. snap camera hdr+ has similar same photo quality like camera-stock-app but much less shutter-speed and much less quality of smooth videos. In my opinion the camera-stock-app is much faster (shutter speed) and has by far the best video quality (smooth) than other camera apps - snap camera hdr+ has the best usability and setting options. Did you also compared with other camera apps?

The version I have is 2.7.008. It is the last one supports lollipop...you can have a try, at least I am happy with it...I still have the stock camera app in case I don't know if I can post a link here but you can google the links there are many.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, gigaset, root, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)