FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did this work for you?

Yes.

69 Vote(s)
78.41%
No.

19 Vote(s)
21.59%

[GUIDE] Change CyanogenMod 12 (CM12) Lock Screen Wallpaper

279 posts
Thanks Meter: 882

Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2015, 03:03 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Works on S5 fusion ROM! Thanks!

12th April 2015, 08:22 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Works on cm12 build 17 by frapeti for GT I9500
It works well, except for the fact that it displays the same wallpaper as the home screen for lock screen.. Anyways, that is what I wanted!
15th April 2015, 07:41 PM |#103  

More
Euphory ROM works?
16th April 2015, 04:10 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
I have an LG G2 D802, and I don't need to do any of that.
Changing the lock screen wallpaper is as simple as going into the Lock Screen menu and selecting a wallpaper from the gallery (which is different from the home-screen wallpaper).
Strange that CyanogenMod doesn't offer this kind of simple functionality, and people here need to use root for such a basic customization.

However, what I would like to do is to use a video clip as the lock-screen wallpaper.
My G2 filters the gallery so I can only choose a still photo. Would be nice to also be able to select a video clip from the gallery.
16th April 2015, 07:19 PM |#105  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inSaiyanD

I actually made an account just to thank you hahas

Haha well thank you man. I'm glad to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpell79

Works on S5 fusion ROM! Thanks!

You're welcome dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagneshlp

It works well, except for the fact that it displays the same wallpaper as the home screen for lock screen.. Anyways, that is what I wanted!

See Q4 of the F.A.Q. Maybe it'll help find out if something went wrong? But hey you're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjdlv

Euphory ROM works?

I don't think there is any such ROM. Do you mean Euphoria? If yes, yes it'll work. I use Euphoria myself. See the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgl

I have an LG G2 D802, and I don't need to do any of that.
Changing the lock screen wallpaper is as simple as going into the Lock Screen menu and selecting a wallpaper from the gallery (which is different from the home-screen wallpaper).
Strange that CyanogenMod doesn't offer this kind of simple functionality, and people here need to use root for such a basic customization.

However, what I would like to do is to use a video clip as the lock-screen wallpaper.
My G2 filters the gallery so I can only choose a still photo. Would be nice to also be able to select a video clip from the gallery.

Stock ROMs have this feature already, yes. Even on my stock TouchWiz ROM. But yes, its strange that they didn't implement it. But hopefully it will be implemented soon.

And by video clip, do you mean a live wallpaper? If you do, see Q8 of the F.A.Q.
16th April 2015, 07:20 PM |#106  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXGX

Haha well thank you man. I'm glad to help!

You're welcome dude

See Q4 of the F.A.Q. Maybe it'll help find out if something went wrong? But hey you're welcome!

I don't there is any such ROM. Do you mean Euphoria? If yes, yes it'll work. I use Euphoria myself. See the OP.

Stock ROMs have this feature already, yes. Even on my stock TouchWiz ROM. But yes, its strange that they didn't implement it. But hopefully it will be soon.

And by video clip, do you mean a live wallpaper? If you do, see Q8 of the F.A.Q.

Many thanks
18th April 2015, 12:25 PM |#107  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Wink easier way :)
open app drawer > themes > swipe from left > theme chooser > select wrench key > lock screen wallpaper > pick image > press back button and there you should see check mark and thats all
19th April 2015, 03:27 PM |#108  

Donate to Me
More
By "Video Clip" I mean selecting an .mp4 file, for example, and it would play repeatedly on the lock-screen, instead of a simple static photo.
Is that possible?
I have root, so I'm willing to try hacking stuff .
20th April 2015, 10:07 AM |#109  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:

By "Video Clip" I mean selecting an .mp4 file, for example, and it would play repeatedly on the lock-screen, instead of a simple static photo.
Is that possible?
I have root, so I'm willing to try hacking stuff .

I have not tested this myself, so I cannot guarantee anything, but take a look at THIS and use it with the 8th F.A.Q. question, and let me know if it works.
20th April 2015, 12:04 PM |#110  

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXGX

I have not tested this myself, so I cannot guarantee anything, but take a look at THIS and use it with the 8th F.A.Q. question, and let me know if it works.

First of all, thanks for the link to this app.
It works great and videos up to 1MP run smoothly, but it's only for the Home screen.
No option for video on the lock-screen, I'm afraid.
20th April 2015, 12:19 PM |#111  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:

First of all, thanks for the link to this app.
It works great and videos up to 0.5MP run smoothly, but it's only for the Home screen.
No option for video on the lock-screen, I'm afraid.

That's why I suggested you try doing what Q8 says. It works for live wallpapers, so I'm kinda sure it'll work for this too.

Like.. Set the video clip live wallpaper, and then do what Q8 says. See if it works.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm12 lockscreen wallpaper change cyanogenmod12

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)