FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Deodex Marshmallow 6.0 completely without missing classes.dex files in apk(s)

2,061 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,480
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello XDA

Here i am sharing some usefull guide for deodexing marshmallow 6.0
Why this is unique and different from others? - because many of you are still unable to deodex stock marshmallow rom (I was one of them too )

You used many tools for deodexing but still no success? There is no classes.dex in apk files? Don't worry here is a guide for you.

I am sharing what i did for my firmware (Sony Xpera Z3 D6653 Marshmallow 6.0)

Requirements-
7zip - Windows
Flashtool - Windows
SuperR's Kitchen - Ubuntu Linux
Don't forget to thank them for their tools.

Quote:

Now steps that i did-

1. Extracted system.sin from ftf file with 7zip and then system.ext4 from systemsin with flashtool.
2. Now from Program files, Run 7zip as an administrator and go to system.ext4 and extarct it.
----benifit of extracting with 7zip as an administrator is that, it also extracts the symlinks in "system/app/*/oat/arm/*.odex (symilink of "system/odex-app/arm/*.odex"). And same for priv-app and framework folder.
3. Extract odex.app.sqsh to odex.app folder and same for priv-app and framework using 7zip.
4 Now Booted to Ubuntu Linux and run Superr Kitchen.
5. Copy system.ext4 and kernel.elf in working folder and extract system using kitchen.
6. Now copy folders app, priv-app, framework, odex.app, odex.priv-app and odex.framework from that system folder extracted with 7zip and paste/replace in system folder in working folder of kitchen.
7. That's it. Deodex it using kitchen and it will be great. :good

So, if you are not a noob then main new points from these for you are 2 and 6.

For other than Sony firmwares - you got the main steps right? Follow the steps for your firmware with your tools. (You must get symilinked files)

NOTE:
Pulling or copying /system folder from device will not work as it will not extract/copy symilinks.

Now enjoy Deodexing Marshmallow

Any questions regarding this guide from me? You can ask in your post by mentioning me.

If this guide was helpful then don't hesitate to PRESS the THANKS BUTTON
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mohitash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mohitash Ad-Free
 
 
22nd June 2016, 08:05 AM |#2  
Rajeev's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai , I N D I A
Thanks Meter: 25,366
 
Donate to Me
More
Very nice idea bro.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rajeev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rajeev Ad-Free
22nd June 2016, 08:10 AM |#3  
Mohitash's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Panchkula, Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 4,480
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev

Very nice idea bro.

Thanks bro.
After messing with files for 4-5 days finally got it work
The Following User Says Thank You to Mohitash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mohitash Ad-Free
22nd June 2016, 11:48 PM |#4  
Hamidreza2010's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 467
 
More
@Mohitash and if i been windows user what should i do?
23rd June 2016, 05:25 AM |#5  
Mohitash's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Panchkula, Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 4,480
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidreza2010

@Mohitash and if i been windows user what should i do?

Your question is right but actually till now there is no windows tool that can solve our this issue. Only on SuperR' Kitchen for linux is working for deodexing marshmallow completely without any issue for some firmwares that are not working with other windows tools. As, still some marshmallow firmwares are not supported by the windows tools that are available till now.
I tried almost all tools with this method [Included Symilinks] but still no windows tool was able to deodex my firmware but SuperR's Kithen did well.

Info for all:
Users must try that tools [Recommended] and still no success then this is a guide.

Regards
Mohitash
23rd June 2016, 09:52 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidreza2010

@Mohitash and if i been windows user what should i do?

set up ubuntu64 in a virtual mashine
24th June 2016, 07:04 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
More
Wt abt Sony Xperia t2 ultra,m2,c3 Lollipop versions which r not ablr to deodex till now...did this guide apply for them....I mean by using this guide can I deodex them..bcoz its been a year but still no luck of deodexing t2ultra

Sent from my D5322 using XDA-Developers mobile app
24th June 2016, 07:59 PM |#8  
Mohitash's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Panchkula, Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 4,480
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvnsai73

Wt abt Sony Xperia t2 ultra,m2,c3 Lollipop versions which r not ablr to deodex till now...did this guide apply for them....I mean by using this guide can I deodex them..bcoz its been a year but still no luck of deodexing t2ultra

Sent from my D5322 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Actually, i don't know what are the issues coming in that devices' firmwares so i can't say about that right now. But you can tell more.

Regards
Mohitash
25th June 2016, 06:51 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
More
Thanks for ur rely

Have a look at these
https://github.com/testwhat/SmaliEx/issues/15


Sent from my D5322 using XDA-Developers mobile app
25th June 2016, 07:14 AM |#10  
Mohitash's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Panchkula, Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 4,480
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvnsai73

Thanks for ur rely

Have a look at these
https://github.com/testwhat/SmaliEx/issues/15


Sent from my D5322 using XDA-Developers mobile app

The logs that i can see there, they are totally different. In my opinion, this guide will not help in that case.
I will recommend to try with latest SuperR. kitchen directly, if not tried yet. [This tool is for Ubuntu Linux]

Regards
Mohitash
25th June 2016, 04:14 PM |#11  
Hamidreza2010's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 467
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitash

Your question is right but actually till now there is no windows tool that can solve our this issue. Only on SuperR' Kitchen for linux is working for deodexing marshmallow completely without any issue for some firmwares that are not working with other windows tools. As, still some marshmallow firmwares are not supported by the windows tools that are available till now.
I tried almost all tools with this method [Included Symilinks] but still no windows tool was able to deodex my firmware but SuperR's Kithen did well.

Info for all:
Users must try that tools [Recommended] and still no success then this is a guide.

Regards
Mohitash

ok thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JochenP

set up ubuntu64 in a virtual mashine

ok but overall i hate of linux
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes