[GUIDE] Deodex Marshmallow 6.0 completely without missing classes.dex files in apk(s)

Search This thread

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hello XDA

Here i am sharing some usefull guide for deodexing marshmallow 6.0
Why this is unique and different from others? - because many of you are still unable to deodex stock marshmallow rom (I was one of them too :p )

You used many tools for deodexing but still no success? There is no classes.dex in apk files? Don't worry here is a guide for you.

I am sharing what i did for my firmware (Sony Xpera Z3 D6653 Marshmallow 6.0)

Requirements-
7zip - Windows
Flashtool - Windows
SuperR's Kitchen - Ubuntu Linux
Don't forget to thank them for their tools.

Now steps that i did-

1. Extracted system.sin from ftf file with 7zip and then system.ext4 from systemsin with flashtool.
2. Now from Program files, Run 7zip as an administrator and go to system.ext4 and extarct it.
----benifit of extracting with 7zip as an administrator is that, it also extracts the symlinks in "system/app/*/oat/arm/*.odex (symilink of "system/odex-app/arm/*.odex"). And same for priv-app and framework folder.
3. Extract odex.app.sqsh to odex.app folder and same for priv-app and framework using 7zip.
4 Now Booted to Ubuntu Linux and run Superr Kitchen.
5. Copy system.ext4 and kernel.elf in working folder and extract system using kitchen.
6. Now copy folders app, priv-app, framework, odex.app, odex.priv-app and odex.framework from that system folder extracted with 7zip and paste/replace in system folder in working folder of kitchen.
7. That's it. Deodex it using kitchen and it will be great. :good

So, if you are not a noob then main new points from these for you are 2 and 6. :)

For other than Sony firmwares - you got the main steps right? Follow the steps for your firmware with your tools. (You must get symilinked files)

NOTE:
Pulling or copying /system folder from device will not work as it will not extract/copy symilinks.

Now enjoy Deodexing Marshmallow :good:

Any questions regarding this guide from me? You can ask in your post by mentioning me.

If this guide was helpful then don't hesitate to PRESS the THANKS BUTTON :good:

Last edited:

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
@Mohitash and if i been windows user what should i do?

Your question is right but actually till now there is no windows tool that can solve our this issue. Only on SuperR' Kitchen for linux is working for deodexing marshmallow completely without any issue for some firmwares that are not working with other windows tools. As, still some marshmallow firmwares are not supported by the windows tools that are available till now.
I tried almost all tools with this method [Included Symilinks] but still no windows tool was able to deodex my firmware but SuperR's Kithen did well.

Info for all:
Users must try that tools [Recommended] and still no success then this is a guide.

Regards
Mohitash

pvnsai73

Jul 31, 2014
Wt abt Sony Xperia t2 ultra,m2,c3 Lollipop versions which r not ablr to deodex till now...did this guide apply for them....I mean by using this guide can I deodex them..bcoz its been a year but still no luck of deodexing t2ultra

Sent from my D5322 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
Wt abt Sony Xperia t2 ultra,m2,c3 Lollipop versions which r not ablr to deodex till now...did this guide apply for them....I mean by using this guide can I deodex them..bcoz its been a year but still no luck of deodexing t2ultra

Sent from my D5322 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Actually, i don't know what are the issues coming in that devices' firmwares so i can't say about that right now. But you can tell more.

Regards
Mohitash

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
Last edited:

Hamidreza2010

Jan 29, 2013
Www.Hamidreza71.Mihanblog.Com
Your question is right but actually till now there is no windows tool that can solve our this issue. Only on SuperR' Kitchen for linux is working for deodexing marshmallow completely without any issue for some firmwares that are not working with other windows tools. As, still some marshmallow firmwares are not supported by the windows tools that are available till now.
I tried almost all tools with this method [Included Symilinks] but still no windows tool was able to deodex my firmware but SuperR's Kithen did well.

Info for all:
Users must try that tools [Recommended] and still no success then this is a guide.

Regards
Mohitash

ok thanks

set up ubuntu64 in a virtual mashine

ok but overall i hate of linux

speedy56

May 25, 2012
This is everything I find in system.ext4, am I doing something wrong :(
[there are only 3 small files in meta-inf folder]

speedy56

May 25, 2012
On which step exactly you stuck on?
I did step 1, and than I've tried to do step 2 but I realised that something wasn't right.

1. Extracted system.sin from ftf file with 7zip and then system.ext4 from systemsin with flashtool.
2. Now from Program files, Run 7zip as an administrator and go to system.ext4 and extarct it.

Should I maybe try with another .ftf file?

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
I did step 1, and than I've tried to do step 2 but I realised that something wasn't right.

Should I maybe try with another .ftf file?

After extracting system.ext4 what you are getting? :confused:

FYI: Try these steps only if other tools provided by other devs are not helping you.

speedy56

May 25, 2012
After extracting system.ext4 what you are getting? :confused:

FYI: Try these steps only if other tools provided by other devs are not helping you.
This is everything I get, I've tried with 2 differetn .ftf files

Yeah, I've tried with lorddroid deodexer (got bootloop and couldn't deodex from the device) and with Tickle my android (my antivirus detected some trojan the moment I've extracted the downloaded file)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA

Here i am sharing some usefull guide for deodexing marshmallow 6.0
    Why this is unique and different from others? - because many of you are still unable to deodex stock marshmallow rom (I was one of them too :p )

You used many tools for deodexing but still no success? There is no classes.dex in apk files? Don't worry here is a guide for you.

I am sharing what i did for my firmware (Sony Xpera Z3 D6653 Marshmallow 6.0)

Requirements-
    7zip - Windows
    Flashtool - Windows
    SuperR's Kitchen - Ubuntu Linux
    Don't forget to thank them for their tools.

Now steps that i did-

----benifit of extracting with 7zip as an administrator is that, it also extracts the symlinks in "system/app/*/oat/arm/*.odex (symilink of "system/odex-app/arm/*.odex"). And same for priv-app and framework folder.
    3. Extract odex.app.sqsh to odex.app folder and same for priv-app and framework using 7zip.
    4 Now Booted to Ubuntu Linux and run Superr Kitchen.
    5. Copy system.ext4 and kernel.elf in working folder and extract system using kitchen.
    6. Now copy folders app, priv-app, framework, odex.app, odex.priv-app and odex.framework from that system folder extracted with 7zip and paste/replace in system folder in working folder of kitchen.
    7. That's it. Deodex it using kitchen and it will be great. :good

So, if you are not a noob then main new points from these for you are 2 and 6. :)

For other than Sony firmwares - you got the main steps right? Follow the steps for your firmware with your tools. (You must get symilinked files)

NOTE:
    Pulling or copying /system folder from device will not work as it will not extract/copy symilinks.

Now enjoy Deodexing Marshmallow :good:

Any questions regarding this guide from me? You can ask in your post by mentioning me.

If this guide was helpful then don't hesitate to PRESS the THANKS BUTTON :good:
    Very nice idea bro. :)

Thanks bro.
    After messing with files for 4-5 days finally got it work ;)
    This is everything I find in system.ext4, am I doing something wrong :(
    [there are only 3 small files in meta-inf folder]

On which step exactly you stuck on?
    This is everything I get, I've tried with 2 differetn .ftf files

Yeah, I've tried with lorddroid deodexer (got bootloop and couldn't deodex from the device) and with Tickle my android (my antivirus detected some trojan the moment I've extracted the downloaded file)

What???!!!!! after extracting system.ext4 you are gettung Meta folder and like...how is that possible. :eek:

You should get like this

Untitled.png