✭[GUIDE][26-07-2016]Extreme Battery Life Thread(Greenify+Amplify+Power Nap)✭

Did this thread help in improving your battery life?

• Not at all!

Votes: 290 9.6%
  • Little Bit

Votes: 751 24.9%
  • Noticeable Improvement

Votes: 1,253 41.5%
  • Saved my day!

Votes: 726 24.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
@DB126 My battery life has taken a moderate toll recently. For context, it is a 5000 mAh device, runs Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1, does not have any Google services or applications yet it went from 2-3 days with heavy use, to 13-14 hours at best, and takes forever to charge.

I know this thread might be outdated and many recommendations do not apply anymore. Do you happen to know whether there's new tricks or threads that I can dive into? Got BetterBatteryStats installed and running thus far, but don't know where to go from here, given the newer Android version, different set-up, and it has been a few years since I last had to go through wakelocks or logs to narrow down what may be causing issues with my device's battery. Appreciate your input!
Post your stats from BBS into the thread. Follow the suggested cycle from the OP, and make a post, people are very helpful there.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
@DB126 My battery life has taken a moderate toll recently. For context, it is a 5000 mAh device, runs Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1, does not have any Google services or applications yet it went from 2-3 days with heavy use, to 13-14 hours at best, and takes forever to charge.

I know this thread might be outdated and many recommendations do not apply anymore. Do you happen to know whether there's new tricks or threads that I can dive into? Got BetterBatteryStats installed and running thus far, but don't know where to go from here, given the newer Android version, different set-up, and it has been a few years since I last had to go through wakelocks or logs to narrow down what may be causing issues with my device's battery. Appreciate your input!
Sounds like you have an older device with a tired battery. Everything has a lifespan. Replace the battery, replace the device or tether to a portable power source.

alefmm

May 15, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
Any idea to solve this?
All on my possibilities have done but still running in second plan. Other devices it doesn't happen.

Using BBS it show the same results, I can't link gservices issue with other processors, services or app.
Any idea to help me?

Device: Alioth (Poco F3)
ROM: Lineage OS 18.1 (A11), ArrowOS too.
Firmware: Tested 12.5 and 12.0.3 (Global)
SIM card: Not insert.

Attachments

• BetterBatteryStats-2021-07-10_054305201.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 34

zbysogi

Jan 25, 2015
Hi guys. Does this thread includes non-rooted phones?
Recently I started getting extensive battery drains during the night and day (over 20% during night). I installed BBS and NapTime hoping it would help but there was not much of an improvement (down to 14% overnight drain). When I'm using data during the day the battery drains out within 4h with only 45minutes of SOT. I used to root all my devices but this time around I decided not to do it so my Xiaomi mi 9 is non-rooted. I attached some screens from BBS and GSam made this morning after around 8h of sleeptime. last 2 are from couple hours later - Battery settings and GSam. I had 2 SIM cards yesterday, today I took one out, no Improvement so far. Can anyone help?

P.s. screenshots are for the phone without WiFi/data on. I will turn them on tonight and post the bbs logs tomorrow.

Sorry for Polish language, I changed it to English but it doesn't work, will figure it out next time I post

Screenshot_2022-12-11-08-22-29-051_com.asksven.betterbatterystats.jpg
Screenshot_2022-12-11-08-22-33-080_com.asksven.betterbatterystats.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-11-08-22-36-472_com.asksven.betterbatterystats.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-11-08-22-41-561_com.asksven.betterbatterystats.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-11-08-22-45-023_com.asksven.betterbatterystats.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-11-08-22-50-957_com.asksven.betterbatterystats.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-11-08-22-55-120_com.asksven.betterbatterystats.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-11-08-22-58-490_com.asksven.betterbatterystats.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-11-08-23-16-002_com.asksven.betterbatterystats.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-11-08-23-22-789_com.asksven.betterbatterystats.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-11-08-23-28-960_com.asksven.betterbatterystats.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-11-12-48-24-221_com.asksven.betterbatterystats.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-11-12-08-00-297_com.miui.securitycenter.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-11-08-24-09-517_com.gsamlabs.bbm.jpg

Last edited:

varunpilankar

Jul 8, 2012
Sony Xperia SP
Moto X
Any inputs on what is *gms_scheduler*:internal, does limiting it cause any problem? I couldn't find much information on it.

Also, old GMS use to have *net_scheduler* - are these the same, just a new name?

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Any inputs on what is *gms_scheduler*:internal, does limiting it cause any problem? I couldn't find much information on it.

Also, old GMS use to have *net_scheduler* - are these the same, just a new name?
I think that it has something to do with GcmNetworkManager, which schedules network-oriented tasks, so that Google Play services is able to batch network operations across the system.

varunpilankar

Jul 8, 2012
Sony Xperia SP
Moto X
I think that it has something to do with GcmNetworkManager, which schedules network-oriented tasks, so that Google Play services is able to batch network operations across the system.
Are you sure?

I was thinking of using Amplify and limiting its wakelock.. maybe somewhere 10800ms. I don't know what would break, so I thought I'll check with someone who must have tinkered with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ✭[GUIDE][26-07-2016]Extreme Battery Life Thread(Greenify+Amplify+Power Nap)✭

On the Portal News on 06-06-2015.

Battery life has been a prime concern for all users around the world.Each day people try different methods to improve upon their battery life.
    Here I come up with a blended guide that includes the latest apps and Fixes' to help improve your android battery experience.

This is based on my experiments on attaining a better battery life.For any queries,reply within the thread.
    Use BetterBatteryStats and Wakelock Detector to acquire stats.You can also use Ampere to measure the current and get notifications when the device gets fully charged.

If anyone is interested in supporting my work and wants to buy me a beer,log in to your PayPal and use my donation mail to donate.Select the purpose as "Services" :) Any donation is appreciated :D
    Amplify is a genius in handling wakelocks and alarms.It is also capable of blocking services.Amplify is the best battery saver I've come across.It is a must have app for all droids running Xposed.
    You'll need a donation package to block wakelocks and alarms.

Downloads:
    Amplify

Limit the following:

Alarms

Alarms(Allow every 600 seconds)

• com.android.internal.telephony.data-stall

Alarms(Allow every 1800 seconds)

• com.oasisfeng.greenify.CLEAN_NOW

Alarms(Allow every 3600 seconds)

• android.appwidget.action.APPWIDGET_UPDATE

Alarms(Allow every 7200 seconds)

• android.content.syncmanager.SYNC_ALARM(delays sync)

Alarms(Allow every 10800 seconds)

• android.net.ConnectivityService.action.PKT_CNT_SAMPLE_INTERVAL_ELAPSED
    • com.facebook.common.executors.WakingExecutorService.ACTION.ALARM.com.facebook.katana
    • com.google.android.apps.hangouts.CLEANUP_DB
    • com.pushbullet.android/.gcm.GcmFixReceiver
    • com.android.server.action.NETWORK_STATS_POLL
    • com.diune.pictures.intent.action.MEDIA_CHECK
    • LocationManagerService

Alarms[LOCATION](Allow every 41400 seconds)

• ALARM_WAKEUP_LOCATOR(com.google.android.gms.nlp.ALARM_WAKEUP_LOCATOR)
    • ALARM_WAKEUP_CACHE_UPDATER
    • ALARM_WAKEUP_BURST_COLLECTOR(com.google.android.gms.nlp.ALARM_WAKEUP_BURST_COLLECTOR)
    • com.google.android.gms.location.fused.GPS_ALARM_BALANCED_ACCURACY
    • ALARM_WAKEUP_ACTIVE_COLLECTOR
    • ALARM_WAKEUP_PASSIVE_COLLECTOR
    • ALARM_WAKEUP_BURST_COLLECTION_TRIGGER
    • com.google.android.intent.action.SEND_IDLE
    • ALARM_WAKEUP_ACTIVITY_DETECTION
    • com.google.android.location.reporting.ACTION_UPDATE_WORLD

Alarms(Allow every 93600 seconds)

• android.app.backup.intent.RUN
    • com.google.android.gms/.checkin.EventLogService$Receiver
    • com.google.android.gms/.checkinCheckinService%Receiver

Wakelocks

Wakelocks(Allow every 800 seconds)

• WakefulIntentService[GCoreUlr-LocationReportingService]
    • RILJ
    • NetworkStats

Wakelocks(Allow every 3600 seconds)

• WeatherUpdateService

Wakelocks(Allow every 10800 seconds)

• SyncLoopWakeLock(delays sync)
    • *net_scheduler*
    • GCoreFlp
    • Icing
    • Wakeful StateMachine: GeofencerStateMachine
    • NfcService:mRoutingWakeLock
    • wake:com.pushbullet.android/.gcm.GcmService
    • SyncService(Package: Push Bullet)
    • ai(Package: Push Bullet)
    • ae(Package: Push Bullet)
    • AsyncService

Wakelocks(Allow every 41400 seconds)

• NlpWakeLock
    • NlpCollectorWakeLock
    • LocationManagerService
    • Config Service Fetch

Wakelocks(Allow every 9999999 seconds)

• *job*/com.facebook.katana/com.facebook.analytics2.logger.LollipopUploadService
    • JobSchedulerHack-com.facebook.analytics2.logger.LollipopUploadService
    • UploadServiceLogic-com.facebook.analytics2.logger.LollipopUploadService
    • *job*/com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.bugreporter.scheduler.LollipopService (com.facebook.orca.Messenger)
    • *job*/com.facebook.katana/com.facebook.bugreporter.scheduler.LollipopService (com.facebook.katana.Facebook)

Services

Services(Block/Deny)

• com.google.android.gms.analytics.AnalyticsService
    • com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.internal.GoogleLocationManagerService(Location Service)
    • com.android.gms.Feedback.FeedbackService(Breaks Play Games)
    • com.android.gms.ads.AdRequestBrokerService
    • com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.network.NetworkLocationService(Location Service)
    • com.google.android.location.geofencer.service.GeofencerProviderService(GPS Service)
    • com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.copresence.service.ProximitySettingInjectorService
    • com.facebook.katana/com.facebook.analytics.service.AnalyticsService
    • com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.analytics.service.AnalyticsService
    • com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver/.CellBroadcastAlertService
    • com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver/.CellBroadcastConfigService

NB:I don't use Location Service.That's why I've disabled the location Services.If your'e using Location service,do not disable the services with location and GPS tag)

Alarms(REGEX Blocking)

• ALARM_WAKEUPxxxxx
    • CONTEXT_MANAGER_ALARM_WAKEUP_xxxxx

Procedure(Screens attached)

• Open Amplify.
    • Select Alarms from the menu.
    • Tap the list icon on the top right corner
    • Tap + button on top.
    • Add the following code to 'Enter Regex to match'
      Code:
      ALARM_WAKEUP[0-9]+
      Code:
      CONTEXT_MANAGER_ALARM_WAKEUP_[0-9]{3,}

[*]Set the interval to 9999999 seconds.

Screenshots:
    Ff654y5.png

uGLYCCs.jpg

Regex Blocking

TzY0nxi.jpg

Gh3mXdq.jpg

ZFgqRVN.png

TXYqcMb.png

Lets Start with a few basic settings.

Display
    Display brightness is an important factor in battery life.The more brighter the screen is,the more juice it drains.So keep the brightness under control.Using automated brightness is not adviceable.Try manually adjusting the screen brightness.Using dark wallpapers(on AMOLED display) can help you save some bit of juice.

Cell Network
    This is simple stuff,but results in noticeable improvement in battery life.Toggle LTE/3G to 2G while not in use.(While on WiFi).You can use Smart Network to switch between networks.
    For devices that support Fast Dormancy(Read Here) can disable it to save some juice on 3G.(Link to disable Fast Dormancy for Xperia Devices)

Wifi
    Even if your wifi is off,the phone searches for signal.To switch off this feature,go to Settings > Wifi > Options(Top right corner) > Advanced >Scanning always available(Off).

Another juice sucker in Android-Location Services.You can turn it off while not in use.That saves a lot off juice.You can also set the location to 'Device Only" in settings.
    Navigate to Settings->Location->Menu->Scanning->Turn off "Wi-Fi Scanning" and "Bluetooth Scanning"

These are the basic stuffs one must look into before complaining about their battery.

Is your battery gauge lying to you?:Take a look at this link.This thread explains why you get sudden drain after waking up from sleep.Many people should've noticed that the battery drains faster after keeping the phone idle for some time.It is very informative and is worth a read.
    Xposed Framework is essential as it is required fo proper working of Greenify,Amplify and PowerNap.If you're running android 4.0.3+ you'll be able to run Xposed Framework on your device.It has an initial Lollipop support.Xposed Installer is required for functioning of the apps mentioned in the guide.

Downloads:

Find the support for the framework in Xposed for Lollipop and Xposed for MarshMallow threads.

Thanks to @oasisfeng for such an awesome app.The latest 2.9.2beta update brings the feature to disable the motion scanning in doze.
    You can use Greenify to hibernate apps that are not in use.You can use Donation Package of Greenify which includes lots of features.Once you have a Donation Package with you,you need to activate the Greenify Xposed Module in Xposed.Once done,enable the Boost mode and Experimental Features.See attached screenshots.

Downloads:

Greenify
    Donation Package

Greenify the apps that eatup battery by running in background(Refer BBS)

Below are some of the major drainers:

1. Browser
    2. Facebook
    3. Facebook Messenger
    4. Google+
    5. Hangouts
    6. Hike
    7. Instagram
    8. Maps
    9. UC Browser

Marshmallow Settings

@oasisfeng introduced a new feature in Greenify 2.9 beta 1 which disables the "Motion Sensing" of doze.This can be achieved by turning ON the "Aggressive Doze" in Greenify settings.Unlike the default behaviour of doze,the device won't be kicked out of doze when a motion is detected.This helps in complete utilization of "doze".All you have to do is to enable the "Aggressive Doze" option in Greenify settings.See the attached screenshots.

Apps to be whitelisted in doze are being tested.You can also contribute in testing :)

Screenshots

FuIRrnv.png

xQwaZUb.png

Aggressive Doze
    UKrvfMd.png

UKrvfMd.png

There's no need to hibernate all the apps.Do not Greenify Dialer or Messaging apps
    Power Nap for Xposed is the SONY's stamina mod for non-Sony devices.When your screen is off, Power Nap maximizes your device's deep sleep time by stopping services, alarms and wakelocks from waking the device when the screen is off.You can get notification from the apps you've whitelisted.
    NOTE:In order to download the app you need to join the alpha testers community in Google+ here and opt to become a tester.Then you'll be able to download and run the module

NB:XDA Thread for PowerNap is closed down due to lack of activity from the developer.

Set the Endurance Mode to Always ON.

You can use Power Nap along with Greenify and Amplify for a better sleep time.You have whitelist both Greenify and Amplify for proper working of both the modules.

If you need certain apps to run in background while screen off(eg:Instant Messengers),you have to whitelist them in Power Nap.

List of apps to be whitelisted:

• Amplify
    • AndroidSystem
    • BetterBatteryStats
    • Cyanogenmod System
    • GooglePlayServices
    • Google Services Framework
    • Google Account Manager
    • Greenify
    • Greenify Donation Package
    • Trebuchet
    • Xposed Installer

Screenshots:
    SbC7w9z.jpg

M7LCYJQ.jpg

AppOps is a permission manager in android.There are various versions of AppOps available in the PlayStore.I recommend the one linked with Xposed.(You can also use CyanogenMod Privacy Guard).

Downloads:

AppOpsXposed

You can use Privacy Guard to disable some permissions of Google Play Services and Google Services Framework

Navigate to Settings->Hacks->Check FIX OP_WAKE_LOCK
    Disable the following Permissions of Google Play Services using AppOps

• OP_ALARM_WAKEUP/Wake Up
    • Keep Awake

Disable the following permissons of Google Services Framework

• Keep Awake

Use Auto Start Permission of AppOpsXposed to disable apps on Boot.Make sure you do not disable crucial System Apps.Disable unwanted user apps that trigger on Boot.