FORUMS

View Poll Results: Did this thread help in improving your battery life?

Not at all!

288 Vote(s)
9.56%
Little Bit

748 Vote(s)
24.83%
Noticeable Improvement

1,254 Vote(s)
41.63%
Saved my day!

722 Vote(s)
23.97%

✭[GUIDE][26-07-2016]Extreme Battery Life Thread(Greenify+Amplify+Power Nap)✭

7,998 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,621

By v7, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Contributor on 29th April 2015, 12:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th April 2015, 06:55 AM |#11  
Flag Melbourne, Australia
Thanks Meter: 347

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakh7

Google Play Services

Tapped from my furious Dogo

I think stopping Google Play Services causes issues with Android Wear.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tangcla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tangcla Ad-Free
30th April 2015, 07:03 AM |#12  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Arkham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcla

I think stopping Google Play Services causes issues with Android Wear.

Only a few services of Google Play Services is blocked.Not the app itself.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v7 Ad-Free
30th April 2015, 07:09 AM |#13  
Flag Melbourne, Australia
Thanks Meter: 347

More
Quote:

Only a few services of Google Play Services is blocked.Not the app itself.

So you're recommending selecting individual services in Servicely - do you know which ones are safe to stop?
Or, in other words, which ones are the biggest causes of wakelocks - I've got a Samsung Lollipop device so I have no Xposed, and therefore no Amplify. I would love to be able to stop the NetworkLocationProvider services.
The Following User Says Thank You to tangcla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tangcla Ad-Free
30th April 2015, 07:10 AM |#14  
Arkham

Donate to Me
More
I'll update the OP later,with the Hit-List in Servicely.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to v7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v7 Ad-Free
30th April 2015, 07:11 AM |#15  
Arkham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcla

So you're recommending selecting individual services in Servicely - do you know which ones are safe to stop?
Or, in other words, which ones are the biggest causes of wakelocks - I've got a Samsung Lollipop device so I have no Xposed, and therefore no Amplify. I would love to be able to stop the NetworkLocationProvider services.

I'll update the OP later today.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v7 Ad-Free
30th April 2015, 09:01 AM |#16  
Arkham

Donate to Me
More
OP updated with list of apps to be blocked in Servicely.Try and report battery stats or dumps here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to v7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v7 Ad-Free
30th April 2015, 03:03 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Suscribed, thanks for the thread !
30th April 2015, 04:54 PM |#18  
Account currently disabled
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 967

More
Theres really no need to run Greenify + Amplify + Servicely as well, why use 3 programs which all have parts that do what the other 2 do? To me thats madness, your actually adding cycles and memory use and raising the possibility of less battery time by doing so.

I run Amplify and Servicely, but i use AutoStarts to tweak things before i even touch Amplify or Servicely...if it doesnt run at startup or triggered by an intent, then theres no need to touch it with Amplify or Servicely. I only use Amplify and Servicely to handle the apps that i run manually or have to have their intents left alone for interactivity with other apps.

Just the way i do it. I got rid of Greenify weeks ago as it became obvious it was no longer necessary with Amplify & Servicely running.
30th April 2015, 05:19 PM |#19  
Arkham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylemessiah

Theres really no need to run Greenify + Amplify + Servicely as well, why use 3 programs which all have parts that do what the other 2 do? To me thats madness, your actually adding cycles and memory use and raising the possibility of less battery time by doing so.

I run Amplify and Servicely, but i use AutoStarts to tweak things before i even touch Amplify or Servicely...if it doesnt run at startup or triggered by an intent, then theres no need to touch it with Amplify or Servicely. I only use Amplify and Servicely to handle the apps that i run manually or have to have their intents left alone for interactivity with other apps.

Just the way i do it. I got rid of Greenify weeks ago as it became obvious it was no longer necessary with Amplify & Servicely running.

In the case of Servicely,the GCM push is a hit or miss.Blocking the apps having GCM push may stop the push notifications.So can't rely completely on Servicely.With Servicely we can't block alarms or Wakelocks.Its required that we use Amplify for that.

I won't recommend to remove Greenify.I've asked in the thread to Greenify only the apps having GCM push.This keeps the Push Messaging alive.

The fact is that Servicely runs a small service in background.It doesn't even show up in battery stats.So no need to worry about battery loss.

And using Greenify+Servicely is because of the fact that Greenify doesn't actually stops the service.It hibernates the apps.That's why I've asked to Hit-List the apps that you don't want to run without starting it manually.
So that's my point.

The Following User Says Thank You to v7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v7 Ad-Free
30th April 2015, 05:58 PM |#20  
Account currently disabled
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 967

More
Quote:

In the case of Servicely,the GCM push is a hit or miss.Blocking the apps having GCM push may stop the push notifications.So can't rely completely on Servicely.With Servicely we can't block alarms or Wakelocks.Its required that we use Amplify for that.

I won't recommend to remove Greenify.I've asked in the thread to Greenify only the apps having GCM push.This keeps the Push Messaging alive.

The fact is that Servicely runs a small service in background.It doesn't even show up in battery stats.So no need to worry about battery loss.

And using Greenify+Servicely is because of the fact that Greenify doesn't actually stops the service.It hibernates it.That's why I've asked to Hit-List the apps that you don't want to run without starting it manually.
So that's my point.

I respect your views, we all do things a little differently!
The Following User Says Thank You to stylemessiah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stylemessiah Ad-Free
1st May 2015, 10:58 AM |#21  
Arkham

Donate to Me
More
I request users who tried this GUIDE to post battery logs for me to improve the thread.Post Idle as well as usage logs separately

Tapped from my furious ZR
The Following User Says Thank You to v7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v7 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, battery life, drain, fix, saver

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)