✭[GUIDE][26-07-2016]Extreme Battery Life Thread(Greenify+Amplify+Power Nap)✭

Did this thread help in improving your battery life?

• Not at all!

Votes: 290 9.6%
  • Little Bit

Votes: 751 24.9%
  • Noticeable Improvement

Votes: 1,253 41.5%
  • Saved my day!

Votes: 726 24.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

v7

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RC
May 17, 2014
Arkham

On the Portal News on 06-06-2015.

Battery life has been a prime concern for all users around the world.Each day people try different methods to improve upon their battery life.
Here I come up with a blended guide that includes the latest apps and Fixes' to help improve your android battery experience.

This is based on my experiments on attaining a better battery life.For any queries,reply within the thread.
Use BetterBatteryStats and Wakelock Detector to acquire stats.You can also use Ampere to measure the current and get notifications when the device gets fully charged.

If anyone is interested in supporting my work and wants to buy me a beer,log in to your PayPal and use my donation mail to donate.Select the purpose as "Services" :) Any donation is appreciated :D

Last edited:

v7

May 17, 2014
Arkham
Lets Start with a few basic settings.

Display
Display brightness is an important factor in battery life.The more brighter the screen is,the more juice it drains.So keep the brightness under control.Using automated brightness is not adviceable.Try manually adjusting the screen brightness.Using dark wallpapers(on AMOLED display) can help you save some bit of juice.

Cell Network
This is simple stuff,but results in noticeable improvement in battery life.Toggle LTE/3G to 2G while not in use.(While on WiFi).You can use Smart Network to switch between networks.
For devices that support Fast Dormancy(Read Here) can disable it to save some juice on 3G.(Link to disable Fast Dormancy for Xperia Devices)

Wifi
Even if your wifi is off,the phone searches for signal.To switch off this feature,go to Settings > Wifi > Options(Top right corner) > Advanced >Scanning always available(Off).

Another juice sucker in Android-Location Services.You can turn it off while not in use.That saves a lot off juice.You can also set the location to 'Device Only" in settings.
Navigate to Settings->Location->Menu->Scanning->Turn off "Wi-Fi Scanning" and "Bluetooth Scanning"

These are the basic stuffs one must look into before complaining about their battery.

Is your battery gauge lying to you?:Take a look at this link.This thread explains why you get sudden drain after waking up from sleep.Many people should've noticed that the battery drains faster after keeping the phone idle for some time.It is very informative and is worth a read.

Last edited:

v7

May 17, 2014
Arkham
Xposed Framework is essential as it is required fo proper working of Greenify,Amplify and PowerNap.If you're running android 4.0.3+ you'll be able to run Xposed Framework on your device.It has an initial Lollipop support.Xposed Installer is required for functioning of the apps mentioned in the guide.

Downloads:

Find the support for the framework in Xposed for Lollipop and Xposed for MarshMallow threads.

Thanks to @oasisfeng for such an awesome app.The latest 2.9.2beta update brings the feature to disable the motion scanning in doze.
You can use Greenify to hibernate apps that are not in use.You can use Donation Package of Greenify which includes lots of features.Once you have a Donation Package with you,you need to activate the Greenify Xposed Module in Xposed.Once done,enable the Boost mode and Experimental Features.See attached screenshots.

Downloads:

Greenify
Donation Package

Greenify the apps that eatup battery by running in background(Refer BBS)

Below are some of the major drainers:

1. Browser
  2. Facebook
  3. Facebook Messenger
  4. Google+
  5. Hangouts
  6. Hike
  7. Instagram
  8. Maps
  9. UC Browser

Marshmallow Settings

@oasisfeng introduced a new feature in Greenify 2.9 beta 1 which disables the "Motion Sensing" of doze.This can be achieved by turning ON the "Aggressive Doze" in Greenify settings.Unlike the default behaviour of doze,the device won't be kicked out of doze when a motion is detected.This helps in complete utilization of "doze".All you have to do is to enable the "Aggressive Doze" option in Greenify settings.See the attached screenshots.

Apps to be whitelisted in doze are being tested.You can also contribute in testing :)

Screenshots

FuIRrnv.png

xQwaZUb.png

Aggressive Doze
UKrvfMd.png

UKrvfMd.png

There's no need to hibernate all the apps.Do not Greenify Dialer or Messaging apps

Last edited:

v7

May 17, 2014
Arkham
Amplify is a genius in handling wakelocks and alarms.It is also capable of blocking services.Amplify is the best battery saver I've come across.It is a must have app for all droids running Xposed.
You'll need a donation package to block wakelocks and alarms.

Downloads:
Amplify

Limit the following:

Alarms

Alarms(Allow every 600 seconds)

• com.android.internal.telephony.data-stall

Alarms(Allow every 1800 seconds)

• com.oasisfeng.greenify.CLEAN_NOW

Alarms(Allow every 3600 seconds)

• android.appwidget.action.APPWIDGET_UPDATE

Alarms(Allow every 7200 seconds)

• android.content.syncmanager.SYNC_ALARM(delays sync)

Alarms(Allow every 10800 seconds)

• android.net.ConnectivityService.action.PKT_CNT_SAMPLE_INTERVAL_ELAPSED
  • com.facebook.common.executors.WakingExecutorService.ACTION.ALARM.com.facebook.katana
  • com.google.android.apps.hangouts.CLEANUP_DB
  • com.pushbullet.android/.gcm.GcmFixReceiver
  • com.android.server.action.NETWORK_STATS_POLL
  • com.diune.pictures.intent.action.MEDIA_CHECK
  • LocationManagerService

Alarms[LOCATION](Allow every 41400 seconds)

• ALARM_WAKEUP_LOCATOR(com.google.android.gms.nlp.ALARM_WAKEUP_LOCATOR)
  • ALARM_WAKEUP_CACHE_UPDATER
  • ALARM_WAKEUP_BURST_COLLECTOR(com.google.android.gms.nlp.ALARM_WAKEUP_BURST_COLLECTOR)
  • com.google.android.gms.location.fused.GPS_ALARM_BALANCED_ACCURACY
  • ALARM_WAKEUP_ACTIVE_COLLECTOR
  • ALARM_WAKEUP_PASSIVE_COLLECTOR
  • ALARM_WAKEUP_BURST_COLLECTION_TRIGGER
  • com.google.android.intent.action.SEND_IDLE
  • ALARM_WAKEUP_ACTIVITY_DETECTION
  • com.google.android.location.reporting.ACTION_UPDATE_WORLD

Alarms(Allow every 93600 seconds)

• android.app.backup.intent.RUN
  • com.google.android.gms/.checkin.EventLogService$Receiver
  • com.google.android.gms/.checkinCheckinService%Receiver

Wakelocks

Wakelocks(Allow every 800 seconds)

• WakefulIntentService[GCoreUlr-LocationReportingService]
  • RILJ
  • NetworkStats

Wakelocks(Allow every 3600 seconds)

• WeatherUpdateService

Wakelocks(Allow every 10800 seconds)

• SyncLoopWakeLock(delays sync)
  • *net_scheduler*
  • GCoreFlp
  • Icing
  • Wakeful StateMachine: GeofencerStateMachine
  • NfcService:mRoutingWakeLock
  • wake:com.pushbullet.android/.gcm.GcmService
  • SyncService(Package: Push Bullet)
  • ai(Package: Push Bullet)
  • ae(Package: Push Bullet)
  • AsyncService

Wakelocks(Allow every 41400 seconds)

• NlpWakeLock
  • NlpCollectorWakeLock
  • LocationManagerService
  • Config Service Fetch

Wakelocks(Allow every 9999999 seconds)

• *job*/com.facebook.katana/com.facebook.analytics2.logger.LollipopUploadService
  • JobSchedulerHack-com.facebook.analytics2.logger.LollipopUploadService
  • UploadServiceLogic-com.facebook.analytics2.logger.LollipopUploadService
  • *job*/com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.bugreporter.scheduler.LollipopService (com.facebook.orca.Messenger)
  • *job*/com.facebook.katana/com.facebook.bugreporter.scheduler.LollipopService (com.facebook.katana.Facebook)

Services

Services(Block/Deny)

• com.google.android.gms.analytics.AnalyticsService
  • com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.internal.GoogleLocationManagerService(Location Service)
  • com.android.gms.Feedback.FeedbackService(Breaks Play Games)
  • com.android.gms.ads.AdRequestBrokerService
  • com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.network.NetworkLocationService(Location Service)
  • com.google.android.location.geofencer.service.GeofencerProviderService(GPS Service)
  • com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.copresence.service.ProximitySettingInjectorService
  • com.facebook.katana/com.facebook.analytics.service.AnalyticsService
  • com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.analytics.service.AnalyticsService
  • com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver/.CellBroadcastAlertService
  • com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver/.CellBroadcastConfigService

NB:I don't use Location Service.That's why I've disabled the location Services.If your'e using Location service,do not disable the services with location and GPS tag)

Alarms(REGEX Blocking)

• ALARM_WAKEUPxxxxx
  • CONTEXT_MANAGER_ALARM_WAKEUP_xxxxx

Procedure(Screens attached)

• Open Amplify.
  • Select Alarms from the menu.
  • Tap the list icon on the top right corner
  • Tap + button on top.
  • Add the following code to 'Enter Regex to match'
    Code:
    ALARM_WAKEUP[0-9]+
    Code:
    CONTEXT_MANAGER_ALARM_WAKEUP_[0-9]{3,}

[*]Set the interval to 9999999 seconds.

Screenshots:
Ff654y5.png

uGLYCCs.jpg

Regex Blocking

TzY0nxi.jpg

Gh3mXdq.jpg

ZFgqRVN.png

TXYqcMb.png

Last edited:

v7

May 17, 2014
Arkham
Power Nap for Xposed is the SONY's stamina mod for non-Sony devices.When your screen is off, Power Nap maximizes your device's deep sleep time by stopping services, alarms and wakelocks from waking the device when the screen is off.You can get notification from the apps you've whitelisted.
NOTE:In order to download the app you need to join the alpha testers community in Google+ here and opt to become a tester.Then you'll be able to download and run the module

NB:XDA Thread for PowerNap is closed down due to lack of activity from the developer.

Set the Endurance Mode to Always ON.

You can use Power Nap along with Greenify and Amplify for a better sleep time.You have whitelist both Greenify and Amplify for proper working of both the modules.

If you need certain apps to run in background while screen off(eg:Instant Messengers),you have to whitelist them in Power Nap.

List of apps to be whitelisted:

• Amplify
  • AndroidSystem
  • BetterBatteryStats
  • Cyanogenmod System
  • GooglePlayServices
  • Google Services Framework
  • Google Account Manager
  • Greenify
  • Greenify Donation Package
  • Trebuchet
  • Xposed Installer

Screenshots:
SbC7w9z.jpg

M7LCYJQ.jpg

AppOps is a permission manager in android.There are various versions of AppOps available in the PlayStore.I recommend the one linked with Xposed.(You can also use CyanogenMod Privacy Guard).

Downloads:

AppOpsXposed

You can use Privacy Guard to disable some permissions of Google Play Services and Google Services Framework

Navigate to Settings->Hacks->Check FIX OP_WAKE_LOCK
Disable the following Permissions of Google Play Services using AppOps

• OP_ALARM_WAKEUP/Wake Up
  • Keep Awake

Disable the following permissons of Google Services Framework

• Keep Awake

Use Auto Start Permission of AppOpsXposed to disable apps on Boot.Make sure you do not disable crucial System Apps.Disable unwanted user apps that trigger on Boot.

Last edited:

v7

May 17, 2014
Arkham
Frequently Asked Questions
Search before posting:If you are having any issues after following the GUIDE,use the "Search" function in the thread and see if someone had the issue and is already solved.This saves your time and mine too :)

1.Reporting Logs

I recommend using BetterBatteryStats to report logs and dumps.Here's how you should report dumps in this thread.I request to follow the exact method so that it is easy for me to debug issues.

Note:Update BBS to latest version from the XDA thread.

1. Charge your device to 100 and unplug the device from the charger.
  2. Keep WiFi/Mobile Data ON.(Leave the sync settings as per your usage pattern)
  3. Leave it idle for atleast 6 hours(Do not turn on the screen during these period).
  4. Choose "Unplugged" as a start reference and "Screen On" OR "Current" as stop reference(Refer Screenshots)
  5. Pull a TextDump File from BetterBatteryStats.(Refer Screenshots)
  6. You'll find the dump in the root of your SDCard.Post the dump in the thread.

Use
hide[/ hide] tags while posting screenshots.This makes the thread look a bit more clean and easy to read.

Readme for BBS:

*Make sure you have disabled the Enable while Charging option in BBS->Settings->Advanced

Screenshots:
caIwAax.jpg

XTEqVti.jpg

ecKerIu.jpg

2.What if I don't find all the wakelocks/alarms in Amplify as listed in the OP?

It'll take a day or two for the alarms/wakelocks to populate in Amplify.So report back after a day or so.

As the apps and services running depends on each person's setup you may not find all the wakelocks/alarms listed in the thread.

Known Issues

Delayed PUSH Notifications:If you encounter any delayed Push Notification from any app after using this thread,try PushNotificationFixer(PNF).If the problem persists,do report in the thread :)

SystemUpdateService Wakelock:If you are affected by SystemUpdateService wakelock issue.Use my fix here
For more easy fix for the same issue.See here

MobileRadioActive Bug:If AndroidOS the top consumer during idle(as shown in the inbuilt battery stats) and the 'Mobile Radio Active' shows high numbers,you can use this Xposed Module to fix the issue.

Android Marshmallow only
WiFi battery drain reported:High WiFi drain,even while it is turned off in Settings.
Refer:https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=189018

Workaround:
Go to Settings>Location>Scanning(top right)>Wifi Scanning ( disable it ) & Bluetooth Scanning (disable it as well)
Credits to @Primokorn for sharing.

---------------------
Credits
@chamonix for BetterBatteryStats
@rovo89 @romracer and @C3C076 for Xposed Framework
@oasisfeng for Greenify
@cryptyk for Amplify
@caspase for AppOpsXposed
@waylaidwanderer for Power Nap
@andQlimax for PNF

Thanks to my bud @airlessproject for helping me to debug issues.
Special thanks to @orville87 for assisting me in the thread.
Thanks to @tkdsl for his cover :)

Special Thanks For Donations

@Ramer
@Stupifier
@-m3ta-
@beeshyams
@gunawanrusli
@Culateralligator
@LiL_Assassin
@injectx
@bkkzak
@Robati
@Razertje
@koekoek91

Last edited:

v7

May 17, 2014
Arkham
ChangeLogs

28-01-2016
  1. Update wakelock/alarms lists
i)7200seconds->10800seconds
ii)40000 seconds->41400 seconds
iii)84000 seconds->93600 seconds
  • Added Facebook bugreporter wakelocks in wakelock section.
  • 3.Removed com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.services.ContentSyncService(Reported to delay Whatsapp notifications-Thanks to @orville87 for the report!

07-02-2016

1. Removed Naptime/Doze Editor
  2. Implemented Greenify's Aggressive Doze
  3. Few changes in Power Nap whitelist
  4. Links Updated
26-07-2016

1. Added CONTEXT_MANAGER_ALARM_WAKEUP_xxxx regex

Last edited:
Wakelocks(Allow every 84000 seconds)

• com.google.android.gms/.ads.social.GcmSchedulerWakeupService
  • com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.internal.AnalyticsSamp lerService
  • com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.internal.AnalyticsSamp lerService
  • com.google.android.gms/common.analytics.CoreAnalyticsIntentService

You can either use Amplify or Servicely to block these Services
I'm using Servicely - what app do these services belong to?

Only a few services of Google Play Services is blocked.Not the app itself.

Tapped from my furious Dogo ;)
So you're recommending selecting individual services in Servicely - do you know which ones are safe to stop?
Or, in other words, which ones are the biggest causes of wakelocks - I've got a Samsung Lollipop device so I have no Xposed, and therefore no Amplify. I would love to be able to stop the NetworkLocationProvider services.

Reactions: vijayvimal

v7

May 17, 2014
Arkham
So you're recommending selecting individual services in Servicely - do you know which ones are safe to stop?
Or, in other words, which ones are the biggest causes of wakelocks - I've got a Samsung Lollipop device so I have no Xposed, and therefore no Amplify. I would love to be able to stop the NetworkLocationProvider services.

I'll update the OP later today.:)

Last edited:

stylemessiah

May 2, 2008
Sydney
Theres really no need to run Greenify + Amplify + Servicely as well, why use 3 programs which all have parts that do what the other 2 do? To me thats madness, your actually adding cycles and memory use and raising the possibility of less battery time by doing so.

I run Amplify and Servicely, but i use AutoStarts to tweak things before i even touch Amplify or Servicely...if it doesnt run at startup or triggered by an intent, then theres no need to touch it with Amplify or Servicely. I only use Amplify and Servicely to handle the apps that i run manually or have to have their intents left alone for interactivity with other apps.

Just the way i do it. I got rid of Greenify weeks ago as it became obvious it was no longer necessary with Amplify & Servicely running.

v7

May 17, 2014
Arkham
Theres really no need to run Greenify + Amplify + Servicely as well, why use 3 programs which all have parts that do what the other 2 do? To me thats madness, your actually adding cycles and memory use and raising the possibility of less battery time by doing so.

I run Amplify and Servicely, but i use AutoStarts to tweak things before i even touch Amplify or Servicely...if it doesnt run at startup or triggered by an intent, then theres no need to touch it with Amplify or Servicely. I only use Amplify and Servicely to handle the apps that i run manually or have to have their intents left alone for interactivity with other apps.

Just the way i do it. I got rid of Greenify weeks ago as it became obvious it was no longer necessary with Amplify & Servicely running.

In the case of Servicely,the GCM push is a hit or miss.Blocking the apps having GCM push may stop the push notifications.So can't rely completely on Servicely.With Servicely we can't block alarms or Wakelocks.Its required that we use Amplify for that.

I won't recommend to remove Greenify.I've asked in the thread to Greenify only the apps having GCM push.This keeps the Push Messaging alive.

The fact is that Servicely runs a small service in background.It doesn't even show up in battery stats.So no need to worry about battery loss.

And using Greenify+Servicely is because of the fact that Greenify doesn't actually stops the service.It hibernates the apps.That's why I've asked to Hit-List the apps that you don't want to run without starting it manually.
So that's my point.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: AllanonX

stylemessiah

May 2, 2008
Sydney
In the case of Servicely,the GCM push is a hit or miss.Blocking the apps having GCM push may stop the push notifications.So can't rely completely on Servicely.With Servicely we can't block alarms or Wakelocks.Its required that we use Amplify for that.

I won't recommend to remove Greenify.I've asked in the thread to Greenify only the apps having GCM push.This keeps the Push Messaging alive.

The fact is that Servicely runs a small service in background.It doesn't even show up in battery stats.So no need to worry about battery loss.

And using Greenify+Servicely is because of the fact that Greenify doesn't actually stops the service.It hibernates it.That's why I've asked to Hit-List the apps that you don't want to run without starting it manually.
So that's my point.;)

I respect your views, we all do things a little differently! :)

Reactions: opkaybeatz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

On the Portal News on 06-06-2015.

Battery life has been a prime concern for all users around the world.Each day people try different methods to improve upon their battery life.
    Here I come up with a blended guide that includes the latest apps and Fixes' to help improve your android battery experience.

This is based on my experiments on attaining a better battery life.For any queries,reply within the thread.
    Use BetterBatteryStats and Wakelock Detector to acquire stats.You can also use Ampere to measure the current and get notifications when the device gets fully charged.

If anyone is interested in supporting my work and wants to buy me a beer,log in to your PayPal and use my donation mail to donate.Select the purpose as "Services" :) Any donation is appreciated :D
    Amplify is a genius in handling wakelocks and alarms.It is also capable of blocking services.Amplify is the best battery saver I've come across.It is a must have app for all droids running Xposed.
    You'll need a donation package to block wakelocks and alarms.

Downloads:
    Amplify

Limit the following:

Alarms

Alarms(Allow every 600 seconds)

• com.android.internal.telephony.data-stall

Alarms(Allow every 1800 seconds)

• com.oasisfeng.greenify.CLEAN_NOW

Alarms(Allow every 3600 seconds)

• android.appwidget.action.APPWIDGET_UPDATE

Alarms(Allow every 7200 seconds)

• android.content.syncmanager.SYNC_ALARM(delays sync)

Alarms(Allow every 10800 seconds)

• android.net.ConnectivityService.action.PKT_CNT_SAMPLE_INTERVAL_ELAPSED
    • com.facebook.common.executors.WakingExecutorService.ACTION.ALARM.com.facebook.katana
    • com.google.android.apps.hangouts.CLEANUP_DB
    • com.pushbullet.android/.gcm.GcmFixReceiver
    • com.android.server.action.NETWORK_STATS_POLL
    • com.diune.pictures.intent.action.MEDIA_CHECK
    • LocationManagerService

Alarms[LOCATION](Allow every 41400 seconds)

• ALARM_WAKEUP_LOCATOR(com.google.android.gms.nlp.ALARM_WAKEUP_LOCATOR)
    • ALARM_WAKEUP_CACHE_UPDATER
    • ALARM_WAKEUP_BURST_COLLECTOR(com.google.android.gms.nlp.ALARM_WAKEUP_BURST_COLLECTOR)
    • com.google.android.gms.location.fused.GPS_ALARM_BALANCED_ACCURACY
    • ALARM_WAKEUP_ACTIVE_COLLECTOR
    • ALARM_WAKEUP_PASSIVE_COLLECTOR
    • ALARM_WAKEUP_BURST_COLLECTION_TRIGGER
    • com.google.android.intent.action.SEND_IDLE
    • ALARM_WAKEUP_ACTIVITY_DETECTION
    • com.google.android.location.reporting.ACTION_UPDATE_WORLD

Alarms(Allow every 93600 seconds)

• android.app.backup.intent.RUN
    • com.google.android.gms/.checkin.EventLogService$Receiver
    • com.google.android.gms/.checkinCheckinService%Receiver

Wakelocks

Wakelocks(Allow every 800 seconds)

• WakefulIntentService[GCoreUlr-LocationReportingService]
    • RILJ
    • NetworkStats

Wakelocks(Allow every 3600 seconds)

• WeatherUpdateService

Wakelocks(Allow every 10800 seconds)

• SyncLoopWakeLock(delays sync)
    • *net_scheduler*
    • GCoreFlp
    • Icing
    • Wakeful StateMachine: GeofencerStateMachine
    • NfcService:mRoutingWakeLock
    • wake:com.pushbullet.android/.gcm.GcmService
    • SyncService(Package: Push Bullet)
    • ai(Package: Push Bullet)
    • ae(Package: Push Bullet)
    • AsyncService

Wakelocks(Allow every 41400 seconds)

• NlpWakeLock
    • NlpCollectorWakeLock
    • LocationManagerService
    • Config Service Fetch

Wakelocks(Allow every 9999999 seconds)

• *job*/com.facebook.katana/com.facebook.analytics2.logger.LollipopUploadService
    • JobSchedulerHack-com.facebook.analytics2.logger.LollipopUploadService
    • UploadServiceLogic-com.facebook.analytics2.logger.LollipopUploadService
    • *job*/com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.bugreporter.scheduler.LollipopService (com.facebook.orca.Messenger)
    • *job*/com.facebook.katana/com.facebook.bugreporter.scheduler.LollipopService (com.facebook.katana.Facebook)

Services

Services(Block/Deny)

• com.google.android.gms.analytics.AnalyticsService
    • com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.internal.GoogleLocationManagerService(Location Service)
    • com.android.gms.Feedback.FeedbackService(Breaks Play Games)
    • com.android.gms.ads.AdRequestBrokerService
    • com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.network.NetworkLocationService(Location Service)
    • com.google.android.location.geofencer.service.GeofencerProviderService(GPS Service)
    • com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.copresence.service.ProximitySettingInjectorService
    • com.facebook.katana/com.facebook.analytics.service.AnalyticsService
    • com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.analytics.service.AnalyticsService
    • com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver/.CellBroadcastAlertService
    • com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver/.CellBroadcastConfigService

NB:I don't use Location Service.That's why I've disabled the location Services.If your'e using Location service,do not disable the services with location and GPS tag)

Alarms(REGEX Blocking)

• ALARM_WAKEUPxxxxx
    • CONTEXT_MANAGER_ALARM_WAKEUP_xxxxx

Procedure(Screens attached)

• Open Amplify.
    • Select Alarms from the menu.
    • Tap the list icon on the top right corner
    • Tap + button on top.
    • Add the following code to 'Enter Regex to match'
      Code:
      ALARM_WAKEUP[0-9]+
      Code:
      CONTEXT_MANAGER_ALARM_WAKEUP_[0-9]{3,}

[*]Set the interval to 9999999 seconds.

Screenshots:
    Ff654y5.png

uGLYCCs.jpg

Regex Blocking

TzY0nxi.jpg

Gh3mXdq.jpg

ZFgqRVN.png

TXYqcMb.png

Lets Start with a few basic settings.

Display
    Display brightness is an important factor in battery life.The more brighter the screen is,the more juice it drains.So keep the brightness under control.Using automated brightness is not adviceable.Try manually adjusting the screen brightness.Using dark wallpapers(on AMOLED display) can help you save some bit of juice.

Cell Network
    This is simple stuff,but results in noticeable improvement in battery life.Toggle LTE/3G to 2G while not in use.(While on WiFi).You can use Smart Network to switch between networks.
    For devices that support Fast Dormancy(Read Here) can disable it to save some juice on 3G.(Link to disable Fast Dormancy for Xperia Devices)

Wifi
    Even if your wifi is off,the phone searches for signal.To switch off this feature,go to Settings > Wifi > Options(Top right corner) > Advanced >Scanning always available(Off).

Another juice sucker in Android-Location Services.You can turn it off while not in use.That saves a lot off juice.You can also set the location to 'Device Only" in settings.
    Navigate to Settings->Location->Menu->Scanning->Turn off "Wi-Fi Scanning" and "Bluetooth Scanning"

These are the basic stuffs one must look into before complaining about their battery.

Is your battery gauge lying to you?:Take a look at this link.This thread explains why you get sudden drain after waking up from sleep.Many people should've noticed that the battery drains faster after keeping the phone idle for some time.It is very informative and is worth a read.
    Xposed Framework is essential as it is required fo proper working of Greenify,Amplify and PowerNap.If you're running android 4.0.3+ you'll be able to run Xposed Framework on your device.It has an initial Lollipop support.Xposed Installer is required for functioning of the apps mentioned in the guide.

Downloads:

Find the support for the framework in Xposed for Lollipop and Xposed for MarshMallow threads.

Thanks to @oasisfeng for such an awesome app.The latest 2.9.2beta update brings the feature to disable the motion scanning in doze.
    You can use Greenify to hibernate apps that are not in use.You can use Donation Package of Greenify which includes lots of features.Once you have a Donation Package with you,you need to activate the Greenify Xposed Module in Xposed.Once done,enable the Boost mode and Experimental Features.See attached screenshots.

Downloads:

Greenify
    Donation Package

Greenify the apps that eatup battery by running in background(Refer BBS)

Below are some of the major drainers:

1. Browser
    2. Facebook
    3. Facebook Messenger
    4. Google+
    5. Hangouts
    6. Hike
    7. Instagram
    8. Maps
    9. UC Browser

Marshmallow Settings

@oasisfeng introduced a new feature in Greenify 2.9 beta 1 which disables the "Motion Sensing" of doze.This can be achieved by turning ON the "Aggressive Doze" in Greenify settings.Unlike the default behaviour of doze,the device won't be kicked out of doze when a motion is detected.This helps in complete utilization of "doze".All you have to do is to enable the "Aggressive Doze" option in Greenify settings.See the attached screenshots.

Apps to be whitelisted in doze are being tested.You can also contribute in testing :)

Screenshots

FuIRrnv.png

xQwaZUb.png

Aggressive Doze
    UKrvfMd.png

UKrvfMd.png

There's no need to hibernate all the apps.Do not Greenify Dialer or Messaging apps
    Power Nap for Xposed is the SONY's stamina mod for non-Sony devices.When your screen is off, Power Nap maximizes your device's deep sleep time by stopping services, alarms and wakelocks from waking the device when the screen is off.You can get notification from the apps you've whitelisted.
    NOTE:In order to download the app you need to join the alpha testers community in Google+ here and opt to become a tester.Then you'll be able to download and run the module

NB:XDA Thread for PowerNap is closed down due to lack of activity from the developer.

Set the Endurance Mode to Always ON.

You can use Power Nap along with Greenify and Amplify for a better sleep time.You have whitelist both Greenify and Amplify for proper working of both the modules.

If you need certain apps to run in background while screen off(eg:Instant Messengers),you have to whitelist them in Power Nap.

List of apps to be whitelisted:

• Amplify
    • AndroidSystem
    • BetterBatteryStats
    • Cyanogenmod System
    • GooglePlayServices
    • Google Services Framework
    • Google Account Manager
    • Greenify
    • Greenify Donation Package
    • Trebuchet
    • Xposed Installer

Screenshots:
    SbC7w9z.jpg

M7LCYJQ.jpg

AppOps is a permission manager in android.There are various versions of AppOps available in the PlayStore.I recommend the one linked with Xposed.(You can also use CyanogenMod Privacy Guard).

Downloads:

AppOpsXposed

You can use Privacy Guard to disable some permissions of Google Play Services and Google Services Framework

Navigate to Settings->Hacks->Check FIX OP_WAKE_LOCK
    Disable the following Permissions of Google Play Services using AppOps

• OP_ALARM_WAKEUP/Wake Up
    • Keep Awake

Disable the following permissons of Google Services Framework

• Keep Awake

Use Auto Start Permission of AppOpsXposed to disable apps on Boot.Make sure you do not disable crucial System Apps.Disable unwanted user apps that trigger on Boot.