FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

View Poll Results: Is this thread useless?

Yes

0 Vote(s)
0%
No

0 Vote(s)
0%

[GUIDE] Fixing resolution after using NOMone Resolution Changer

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By hjjr15, Junior Member on 29th October 2014, 08:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I recently tried to lower the resolution on my Samsung Galaxy Note II using NOMone to increase game performance. Unfortunately I ended up making my phone unusable (system.ui kept force closing, launcher wouldn't open, etc). After a few hours I found a way to fix my mistake without doing a factory reset. This is just a quick write up I felt I had to share. It may not help everyone but hopefully this will help someone avoid factory reset. This guide assumes your phone is rooted, has a removable sd card, and has a custom recovery.

If you had USB debugging enabled prior to changing your resolution, the process is much simpler:
1. Make sure your phone's usb drivers are installed on your computer (adb, etc...)
2. Open up a terminal or command prompt on your computer and type in:
(For android versions 4.3 and up)
Code:
adb shell wm size reset
adb shell wm density reset
(For android versions below 4.3)
Code:
adb shell am display-size reset
adb shell am display-density reset
3. Everything should be back to normal, although a reboot may be needed.

If you're a complete moron like me and did not have usb debugging enabled prior to changing your resolution, there is hope as long as you have a custom recovery.

1. Download Aroma File Manager and place on your sd card.

2. Copy your build.prop from the /system directory and place on your sd card.

3. Connect your sd card to your computer and open your build.prop using your favorite editor.

4. Add the following lines at the bottom of your build.prop
Code:
persist.service.adb.enable=1                                                    
persist.service.debuggable=1
persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
5. Save and overwrite your existing build.prop with the edited build.prop and reboot your phone.

6. You should now have adb debugging enabled and should be able to follow the first series of steps to restore your resolution.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hjjr15 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hjjr15 Ad-Free

25th December 2014, 03:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Life saver!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjjr15

I recently tried to lower the resolution on my Samsung Galaxy Note II using NOMone to increase game performance. Unfortunately I ended up making my phone unusable (system.ui kept force closing, launcher wouldn't open, etc). After a few hours I found a way to fix my mistake without doing a factory reset. This is just a quick write up I felt I had to share. It may not help everyone but hopefully this will help someone avoid factory reset. This guide assumes your phone is rooted, has a removable sd card, and has a custom recovery.

If you had USB debugging enabled prior to changing your resolution, the process is much simpler:
1. Make sure your phone's usb drivers are installed on your computer (adb, etc...)
2. Open up a terminal or command prompt on your computer and type in:
(For android versions 4.3 and up)

Code:
adb shell wm size reset
adb shell wm density reset
(For android versions below 4.3)
Code:
adb shell am display-size reset
adb shell am display-density reset
3. Everything should be back to normal, although a reboot may be needed.

If you're a complete moron like me and did not have usb debugging enabled prior to changing your resolution, there is hope as long as you have a custom recovery.

1. Download Aroma File Manager and place on your sd card.

2. Copy your build.prop from the /system directory and place on your sd card.

3. Connect your sd card to your computer and open your build.prop using your favorite editor.

4. Add the following lines at the bottom of your build.prop
Code:
persist.service.adb.enable=1                                                    
persist.service.debuggable=1
persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
5. Save and overwrite your existing build.prop with the edited build.prop and reboot your phone.

6. You should now have adb debugging enabled and should be able to follow the first series of steps to restore your resolution.

Dude, i swear to GOD you are a life saver!! i don't use this site frequently. i had to reset my password just to be able to thank you. Can't thank you enough. You really saved my life.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)