If you had USB debugging enabled prior to changing your resolution, the process is much simpler:
1. Make sure your phone's usb drivers are installed on your computer (adb, etc...)
2. Open up a terminal or command prompt on your computer and type in:
(For android versions 4.3 and up)
adb shell wm size reset adb shell wm density reset
adb shell am display-size reset adb shell am display-density reset
If you're a complete moron like me and did not have usb debugging enabled prior to changing your resolution, there is hope as long as you have a custom recovery.
1. Download Aroma File Manager and place on your sd card.
2. Copy your build.prop from the /system directory and place on your sd card.
3. Connect your sd card to your computer and open your build.prop using your favorite editor.
4. Add the following lines at the bottom of your build.prop
persist.service.adb.enable=1 persist.service.debuggable=1 persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
6. You should now have adb debugging enabled and should be able to follow the first series of steps to restore your resolution.