FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide][Video Tutorial] How to build Custom ROMs and Kernel Modification![P,O,N,M,L]

1,838 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,922

Post Reply Email Thread
21st April 2019, 03:21 AM |#1401  
Flag Pennadam Town Tamil Nadu
Thanks Meter: 235

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techguy777

This is a problem with all pie roms. You need to install Edxposed and the Xinternalsd app activate it in xposed installer. Set path to internal sd card /mnt/media_rw/sdcard number/
Example
/mnt/media_rw/B032-EFA0/, pick the apps you want to include
Then flash magisk ExSDCard Access Enabler.
Reboot

Thats what Ive done on all pie roms works everytime. Good Luck let us know.

Thank you and i will try this fix
This problem even exist when selinux is permissive. and i think it may be init related permission issue or we need to look into some .rc or .xml file in system to fix this.

23rd April 2019, 06:56 PM |#1402  
Thanks Meter: 387

More
Can someone take a look at source for my device tree and tell me how to get skype working main branch for all repos are cm-14.1-test & cm-14.1 for the board?

Here The Source For My Device Tree
https://github.com/matissewifi

Thank in advance
25th April 2019, 06:16 PM |#1403  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
alright my friends anyone trying to build lineage on ubuntu 19 yet? I setup and built lollipop again just to see if it would build I did have success building AOSP. However I cant get the build tools for lineage os to install and when trying to build I get.

prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-4053586/bin/clang++.real: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I believe its because ubuntu 19 as 6.0 libncurses and I cant downgrade or figure out how to make it work. Any help? However I did buy a ethernet 100 foot cable so now I can move to ubuntu 14.04 if I cant figure it out. But ubuntu 19 is king in my opinion its almost good.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

alright my friends anyone trying to build lineage on ubuntu 19 yet? I setup and built lollipop again just to see if it would build I did have success building AOSP. However I cant get the build tools for lineage os to install and when trying to build I get.

prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-4053586/bin/clang++.real: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I believe its because ubuntu 19 as 6.0 libncurses and I cant downgrade or figure out how to make it work. Any help? However I did buy a ethernet 100 foot cable so now I can move to ubuntu 14.04 if I cant figure it out. But ubuntu 19 is king in my opinion its almost good.
26th April 2019, 12:29 PM |#1404  
Thanks Meter: 224

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRob0t

Dude! thank you SO much. You truly are way too amazing. Donations are coming your way soon, bro! You've helped me sooo much, and there's still sooo much more to learn, and so well made, AND with extra help like this on the side. damn. I can't thank you enough. God Bless you brother. We are very lucky to have you

Can you tell me how you fixed it, I am trying to build Havoc OS 8.1 and getting the same error
27th April 2019, 05:28 PM |#1405  

More
Well I finally got on Ubuntu 14.04 much much better there's no comparison it's A lot easier to build on. I got it figured out. When you download lineage tools on a fresh system install they won't all download and that's because they have removed some of there repos and same thing with jdk Java 8 now. Everyone wants money for there development tools fair enough so keep your system you have or know where to find the tools if anyone needs jdk7, and 8 I got them don't worry no charge or terms and conditions to agree to. As for the lineage tools you install them 1 by 1 which sucks but it worked. Good luck fellow rom developers. I just got my internet up to 500mbs and Ethernet instead of wifi so I'm running about 60 or so megabytes a second download a full rom take about 55 minutes for over 60gb to download. My town just got fiber optic 1gb but it's 300 dollar install and a 36 or 60 month contract so I'll have to wait but it would be sick. I also didn't know that 8 megabits a second is only 1 megabyte a second so your internet at 1gb is only 125 megabytes a second still fast but didn't know.
28th April 2019, 12:36 AM |#1406  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
I'm trying to build RR Nougat for my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (santos10wifi). I have the source code, device, kernel and vendor trees. I've also tried adding the Signature Spoofing patch by MicroG and two other commits by OmniRom to create a toggle for Signature Spoofing in Developer Options (https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ering-t3557047). I have also tried the "arch-manjaro" setup script (since I'm using BBQLinux) by the akhilnarang scripts to install what I'm assuming are missing dependencies needed to build. However. after running ". build/envsetup.sh", "lunch" then 5 "aosp_santos10wifi-userdebug", then "brunch santos10wifi", I get these errors (I couldn't fit it all here so I kept the end):
Code:
`/home/soumy/RR/out/target/product/santos10wifi/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libswscale_intermediates/x86/scale.o'
external/ffmpeg/libswscale/../android/build.mk:93: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/home/soumy/RR/out/target/product/santos10wifi/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libswscale_intermediates/x86/scale.o'
build/core/binary.mk:986: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/soumy/RR/out/target/product/santos10wifi/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libv8_intermediates/src/base/atomicops_internals_x86_gcc.o'
build/core/binary.mk:986: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/home/soumy/RR/out/target/product/santos10wifi/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libv8_intermediates/src/base/atomicops_internals_x86_gcc.o'
Starting build with ninja
ninja: Entering directory `.'
ninja: warning: phony target '-*-' names itself as an input; ignoring [-w phonycycle=warn]
ninja: error: '/home/soumy/RR/out/target/product/santos10wifi/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libril_intermediates/export_includes', needed by '/home/soumy/RR/out/target/product/santos10wifi/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libreference-ril_intermediates/import_includes', missing and no known rule to make it
make: *** [build/core/ninja.mk:152: ninja_wrapper] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/home/soumy/RR'

#### make failed to build some targets (43 seconds) ####

No Jack server running. Try 'jack-admin start-server'
I'm assuming that it skips over some important commands because they're outdated, then complains about them being missing.

Also, according to an XDA thread for a Lineage OS 14 rom for this device, I need "extra commits" in order for it to work, but I can't seem to find them exactly (original thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-14-1-t3587761, commits: https://github.com/santos10-dev/andr...mmits-LOS-14.1). Since RR is made of Lineage OS, do I really need them?
1st May 2019, 10:47 AM |#1407  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
Wi-fi not turning on!!
I flashed my compiled zImage and everything was fine. I had only 1 bug that is the wi-fi is not turning on.My mac address is showing 00.20.00.00.00. I compiled my zImage for my stock ROM using its stock kernel source.So why am i getting this problem? After researching a bit i found out you have to push the wi-fi modules .But I cannot find any .ko files in my kernel source even after the compilation completes. SO what can i do to fix this problem?
2nd May 2019, 07:52 AM |#1408  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious98

I flashed my compiled zImage and everything was fine. I had only 1 bug that is the wi-fi is not turning on.My mac address is showing 00.20.00.00.00. I compiled my zImage for my stock ROM using its stock kernel source.So why am i getting this problem? After researching a bit i found out you have to push the wi-fi modules .But I cannot find any .ko files in my kernel source even after the compilation completes. SO what can i do to fix this problem?

Oreo and pie ROMs require wifi module to be build inside the kernel itself. Check your device .config make file of your kernel. If there WLAN module is set as "m" change to "y". Rebuild kernel now.
2nd May 2019, 08:21 AM |#1409  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Oreo and pie ROMs require wifi module to be build inside the kernel itself. Check your device .config make file of your kernel. If there WLAN module is set as "m" change to "y". Rebuild kernel now.

Actully I am building a kernel for the stock nougat ROM.In my device defconfig I cannot find anything by the name of Wi-fi or WLAN. Can you tell the excat name for the Wi-fi module in the defconfig or is there some other method that I can do?Thanks.
2nd May 2019, 12:03 PM |#1410  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious98

Actully I am building a kernel for the stock nougat ROM.In my device defconfig I cannot find anything by the name of Wi-fi or WLAN. Can you tell the excat name for the Wi-fi module in the defconfig or is there some other method that I can do?Thanks.

Search for "wlan.ko" in kernel directory ( may be located in drivers/staging/prima/wlan.ko) and replace the same file from your phone system/lib/modules through twrp or make custom zip of your kernel to flash.
2nd May 2019, 12:53 PM |#1411  

More
Hey does anyone know when you make twrp which version your making is nougat like 3.2.1 or what? I've watched all the videos on building it and I've even built a lineage OS twrp for Shamu now but I don't want to flash it until I know which version of twrp it is. Also if I have a device on KitKat and I want to build lineage Oreo and found the kernel source code and stock rom source code how do I change the kernel to work with Oreo or do you not need to?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
compile, guide, kernel, rom, video

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)