FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide][Video Tutorial] How to build Custom ROMs and Kernel Modification![P,O,N,M,L]

1,910 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,026

Post Reply Email Thread
9th September 2019, 07:06 PM |#1471  
Thanks Meter: 428

More
How do i fix this error?
[ 30.096277] msm_camera_cci_i2c_read: line 69 rc = -22
[ 30.096394] sr130pc20_sensor_match_id: chipid read=0 did not match with chipid=c1
[ 30.097704] msm_camera_cci_i2c_read: line 69 rc = -22
[ 30.097826] sr130pc20_sensor_match_id: chipid read=0 did not match with chipid=c1
[SR130PC20] sr130pc20_sensor_match_id : 125 : sr130pc20_sensor_match_id sensor_name =sr130pc20 slaveid = 0x20 sensorid = 0xC1 DATA TYPE = 1
28th October 2019, 10:16 AM |#1472  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucki1000

Hello Community,

How can I define a module?
I create a fork from a similar device tree(same brand, and with allmost same specs) and now I get an error while compiling.
I'm building Los 16.

Error:

Code:
error: device/xiaomi/davinci/fod/Android.bp:16:1: "[email protected]_davinci" depends on undefined module "[email protected]"
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
16:26:50 soong bootstrap failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (5 seconds) ####

If you are still stuck at this then I just found a fix when I encountered same error myself when building for raphael.
You need to copy inscreen fingerprint files to your rom's "hardware/interfaces/biometrics" folder from some other rom like lineage or PE(hardware/custom/interfaces/biometrics/) and then build again.
28th October 2019, 08:18 PM |#1473  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
I've compiled a nougat rom for my tablet and I have a problem that's bothering me. The included file manager (not the cyanogen one) has an issue where the shortcut to the downloads folder on the left side menu only shows the files downloaded in the rom rather than all the files in the existing downloads folder. Is there a way to make it show all the files?
5th November 2019, 11:09 AM |#1474  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Hi guys!
Hope you are all enjoying all the hard work from OP alaksalinuxuser! There's so much incredible info! Can't thank you enough!

I am curious if anyone is interested in teaming up to learn from each other?
There's some amazing benefits from teams.
More brains = more learning
Person 1 may know A & B and person 2 knows C which would have taken much precious time, for example.
I've enjoyed working with others for awhile now.

Even if just 1 of you are interested that'd be awesome too!
We have some options.
I have an HTC M8 if someone else does too, that makes things easy. If there's multiple interested we can all maybe decide on a device we could each purchase that's cheap and within our budgets. One that would ideally run P and hopefully Q.

The htc m8 is from 2014 and can run Q.

You also don't really need that great of a machine if that's holding you back too. From what I've observed from other threads is that even just a 4gb ram with Intel dual core PC can build Q surprisingly.

Please PM me or respond to this post or tag me and we can figure something out!

Looking forward to hopefully working and learning together!
Have a Blessed day!
8th November 2019, 10:46 PM |#1475  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRob0t

Hi guys!
Hope you are all enjoying all the hard work from OP alaksalinuxuser! There's so much incredible info! Can't thank you enough!

I am curious if anyone is interested in teaming up to learn from each other?
There's some amazing benefits from teams.
More brains = more learning
Person 1 may know A & B and person 2 knows C which would have taken much precious time, for example.
I've enjoyed working with others for awhile now.

Even if just 1 of you are interested that'd be awesome too!
We have some options.
I have an HTC M8 if someone else does too, that makes things easy. If there's multiple interested we can all maybe decide on a device we could each purchase that's cheap and within our budgets. One that would ideally run P and hopefully Q.

The htc m8 is from 2014 and can run Q.

You also don't really need that great of a machine if that's holding you back too. From what I've observed from other threads is that even just a 4gb ram with Intel dual core PC can build Q surprisingly.

Please PM me or respond to this post or tag me and we can figure something out!

Looking forward to hopefully working and learning together!
Have a Blessed day!

I have a OnePlus 6, I am willing to contribute, I don't have any idea on how to start it
14th November 2019, 02:04 AM |#1476  
Thanks Meter: 428

More
Has Anyone here manage theme the stock LineageOS apps to look like stock apps from a Pixel Devices and if So do you have the files so I can add them to my repos?
14th November 2019, 02:27 AM |#1477  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello bro do you have any thing could we chat need ask u about things
14th November 2019, 08:21 PM |#1478  

More
Thanks for creating all the awesome content. just came across this.
14th November 2019, 08:24 PM |#1479  

More
awesome content. just saw it.
14th November 2019, 11:00 PM |#1480  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fairbanks
Thanks Meter: 4,026

Donate to Me
More
Hey all, long time no see! I am glad to see many of you still enjoying and benefiting from the videos!
I'm not sure if or when I'll have enough time to get more videos going, although I've had a lot of requests for Android 10 / Q lately.
I would like to invite any or all of you to a rom development telegram channel that I use when working with folks who are just getting started and need some help. Here is the link:
https://t.me/joinchat/HR_8JgyDBdw_DvmndPl0kg
Please keep it on topic, ROM or app development. A few howdies are fine, just want to keep it on subject. I only stop in a few times a day during the week, but I try to answer questions and help where I can (if I know the answer, that is). Hope you'll all join in!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AlaskaLinuxUser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlaskaLinuxUser Ad-Free
18th November 2019, 08:18 PM |#1481  
Flag Udine
Thanks Meter: 34

More
SELINUX enforcing
Hello,
I need to get SELINUX to enforcing, and, while building, one of the first messages says this:
Code:
warning: Be careful when using the SELINUX_IGNORE_NEVERALLOWS flag. It does not work in user builds and using it will not stop you from failing CTS.
Will disabling the flag in the
Code:
system/sepolicy/Android.mk
make the SELINUX enforcing? If not, how do I do that?
Thanks for answering
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
compile, guide, kernel, rom, video

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)