FORUMS

[Guide][Assistant 2.0][All Android 10 ROMs] How to get the new Google Assistant 2.0 !

576 posts
Thanks Meter: 351

Post Reply Email Thread
Let's get started.
  • Hello guys. Many of you must've seen the new Google Assistant 2.0 from the Pixel 4 family making a lot of buzz.
  • Well no need to buy a pixel because you can get it working on your phone running Android 10.
  • This method has been tested on various phones running PE, Havoc, and Evolution X.

Pre requisite
1. A phone
2. Android 10 (preferably Gapps version)
3. Root
4. A file explorer with root access (I use solid explorer)
5. Little bit of brain and some patience

Steps
1. The first thing to be done is to spoof your device as a pixel 4/4 XL. For this you can use one of the following methods.
A. Manually edit your build.prop file using a file explorer (Like root explorer/ solid explorer etc)
B. Flash Pixel_4_XL_props using magisk (File Attached)
C. Flash the Module MagiskHide_props_config from Magisk repo
  • Then open Terminal app. Type
    Code:
    props
    followed by selection "1", then "f", then "6" (corresponding to Google), then "23" (corresponding to "Pixel 4 XL")
  • Then go back to main page of props make selection "2", followed by "s" (device simulation), followed by "a" (Enable all props), followed by "1" (Enable)
  • Then restart the device.

2. Once the device restarts, try triggering the assistant, it should prompt you to download the additional files for assistant 2.0. If not, just clear the data of Google and try again.
3. Once assistant 2.0 is enabled, you still won't get the beautiful colourful UI like the pixel 4. For that follow the following steps.
4. Using file explorer, navigate to the directory /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/shared_prefs.
5. Replace the file GEL.GSAPrefs.xml with the one attached bellow
6. THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT: Go one step up to /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/ and change the permission of the folder "shared_prefs" The folder not the files in it to 551 (dr-xr-x--x)
7. Force stop the Google App and start it again. It should now be showing the coloured bar UI like Pixel 4.
8. Profit?

Acknowledgements:
1. @Maxmillis and @t3sl4 for Pixel_props
2. @Didgeridoohan for MagiskHide_props_config
3. Awesome ROM developers
4. Google of course

Screen shots
Assistant 2.0
Video of my phone (OnePlus 7 with Evolution X 4.20) running assistant 2.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToE6qO6GQXg
Attached Files
File Type: xml GEL.GSAPrefs.xml - [Click for QR Code] (24.7 KB, 942 views)
File Type: zip P4XL-Q-QQ2A.200405.005-Props.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.9 KB, 658 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nishant_713 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nishant_713 Ad-Free
5th May 2020, 10:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I did all of it, but now "ok, google" is not working. Why?
The Following User Says Thank You to _bulka_s_izumom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _bulka_s_izumom Ad-Free
10th May 2020, 06:09 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
It's works on Redmi Note 4/x, Note 5/Pro, Note 6 Pro and Note 7 thanks!
12th May 2020, 11:49 PM |#4  

More
Everything works flawless except "Ok Google" function.
13th May 2020, 10:40 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok Google is not working in redmi note 5
Assistant is working fine. i'm using you prop but still "OK GOOGLE" is not working . why??
suggest me something
13th May 2020, 07:01 PM |#6  

More
Google search FC'ed
14th May 2020, 12:04 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
MY Google search always fc when I copy the GEA
L.GEAPrefs to /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/shared_prefs/
14th May 2020, 04:38 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Is anyone able to find solution to this error? I have moved the xml file also. No longer on beta version of Google & Play Services. I have Moto G5 Plus (Potter) on PE10 latest update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200514-192353.png
Views:	534
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	5018745  
17th May 2020, 03:23 AM |#9  
Flag Halle (Saale)
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter1123

Is anyone able to find solution to this error? I have moved the xml file also. No longer on beta version of Google & Play Services. I have Moto G5 Plus (Potter) on PE10 latest update.

install this and enjoy
The Following User Says Thank You to VeRkNxT_lOvE_cUsToM_RoMs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VeRkNxT_lOvE_cUsToM_RoMs Ad-Free
19th May 2020, 08:59 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 222

More
you used my instruction from a telegram. but OK
In Gelgsaprefs edit your email. Currently there is data nishant_713
And this guide doesn't work with all roms 10 Not works with LineageOS and smartphones arm version Only PixelExperience Rom
22nd May 2020, 05:04 PM |#11  

More
Is there a way to backup stuff before doing this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)