- Hello guys. Many of you must've seen the new Google Assistant 2.0 from the Pixel 4 family making a lot of buzz.
- Well no need to buy a pixel because you can get it working on your phone running Android 10.
- This method has been tested on various phones running PE, Havoc, and Evolution X.
1. A phone
2. Android 10 (preferably Gapps version)
4. A file explorer with root access (I use solid explorer)
5. Little bit of brain and some patience
1. The first thing to be done is to spoof your device as a pixel 4/4 XL. For this you can use one of the following methods.
A. Manually edit your build.prop file using a file explorer (Like root explorer/ solid explorer etc)
B. Flash Pixel_4_XL_props using magisk (File Attached)
C. Flash the Module MagiskHide_props_config from Magisk repo
- Then open Terminal app. Type Code:
- Then go back to main page of props make selection "2", followed by "s" (device simulation), followed by "a" (Enable all props), followed by "1" (Enable)
- Then restart the device.
2. Once the device restarts, try triggering the assistant, it should prompt you to download the additional files for assistant 2.0. If not, just clear the data of Google and try again.
3. Once assistant 2.0 is enabled, you still won't get the beautiful colourful UI like the pixel 4. For that follow the following steps.
4. Using file explorer, navigate to the directory /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/shared_prefs.
5. Replace the file GEL.GSAPrefs.xml with the one attached bellow
6. THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT: Go one step up to /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/ and change the permission of the folder "shared_prefs" The folder not the files in it to 551 (dr-xr-x--x)
7. Force stop the Google App and start it again. It should now be showing the coloured bar UI like Pixel 4.
1. @Maxmillis and @t3sl4 for Pixel_props
2. @Didgeridoohan for MagiskHide_props_config
3. Awesome ROM developers
4. Google of course
Video of my phone (OnePlus 7 with Evolution X 4.20) running assistant 2.0