Honda has changed the password to enter the developer mode in new vehicle models so the old method described in this thread may not work any longer. If you have difficulty entering the developer mode or do not have a laptop, you may consider trying the new web based installation (paid service). The new method supports almost all Honda vehicles including Civic, CR-V, Accord, Pilot, Ridgeline and Clarity. For more information please refer to: http://autohack.org.
Support playing FLAC lossless audio directly in the factory USB audio player (for Civic & CR-V only).
Open rear camera by one click.
Real-time monitoring of battery voltage with voice alarm.
Seat belt voice alarm.
Show CPU usage, battery voltage in the status bar.
New test version: display turn-by-turn navigation directions in the instrument cluster, in conjunction with Waze.
A totally new One Click Root tool (Windows GUI version) and Honda Hack app were released. With the help of Honda Hack app, we can install apps without a laptop. What's more, we can enable the steering wheel audio controls, save offline maps and songs to the external USB drive now.
Finally I solved the auto reboot problem while remounting the system partition. Enjoy it!!!
Now we can root the head unit and install apps. Below are the detailed steps, please use at your own risk.
1. Enter developer mode and enable USB debugging.
- Go to HOME > Settings > System > Detail information.
- In the Android Settings window, click About.
- Click the Build Number seven times exactly.
- Now you will see the Please enter a passcord prompt.
- Click the top 4 items in order 1, 4, 2, 3 and you should unlock the developer mode.
- Go into Android Settings > Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Press the power, menu, and brightness button at once, and hold until you enter a new menu with two options.
- Click the bottom option called Detail Information & Settings.
- Now hold the MENU key to enter another menu.
- Then Hold the HOME key to enter the last menu. You should first hear two consecutive beeps and then one final beep.
- Lastly, change the role of USB Port from Host to Device.
- Now connect your laptop to the front Android Auto/CarPlay Port using the USB A to A cable.
3. Run the One Click Root
- Disable your anti-virus and/or anti-malware programs before continue.
- Download the root tool: HondaHack.zip
- Extract HondaHack.exe from the ZIP file.
- Run HondaHack.exe and it should connect to the head unit automatically. Android ADB USB Driver should be installed automatically in the meanwhile.
- Click the ROOT button and wait for the processing to complete.
- After the head unit is rebooted, you should see Honda Installer in the app list. Honda Installer was installed as a system app so you will not lose it after a factory resetting.
- Open Honda Hack and click Install an app to install apk files you saved in the internal sdcard or external USB drive.
4. You can also Install Honda Hack if you would like to have more powerful features including:
- Install apps without a laptop.
- Bypass parking brake.
- Enable steering wheel controls for civic & accord.
- Force landscape mode so apps such as Spotify will display properly.
- Enable write access to the external USB storage (pro only).
- Auto click the OK button at startup (pro only).
- Auto run app at startup (pro only).
- Do this just like the reverse action in step 2, otherwise the USB port will lose its charging capacity and CarPlay / Android Auto will stop working.
Download Honda Hack: HondaHack.apk
If you do not like the GUI version, you can still download the original command-line version from GitHub: https://github.com/codeage/root-honda
Some files and scripts were obtained from this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...honda-t3487644 and all credit goes to @jersacct.