FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to enter developer mode on 2017 Honda Civic (and now root & install apps)

239 posts
Thanks Meter: 199

By codeage, Senior Member on 14th June 2017, 08:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th March 2018, 02:02 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by workshop

Have tried this but no luck. I think that fix is for when you have Waze on your phone or using Android auto. I have Waze installed on the head unit via the hack in the OP.

Hope somebody has some ideas....?

Unless I have missed something?

Hi Workshop, I am not sure about the Civic head units, but for the Honda Pilot and Accord, the Waze volume issue has been solved.
My assumption is the same process will apply to the Civic and CRV HU.
See my post here and go to the referenced post at the bottom to get a more detailed instruction on how to do it.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=724

17th March 2018, 04:24 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just a head up, I've sent the unit back to honda, and they replaced it. Contemplating to root or not... but from the forum, i really dont think my unit had problems cos of rooting or whatever. Felt like it was just me. Anybody had problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlow

Dude,

I know you are trying to help, but I've been saying that the HU isn't responding to how you think it was. I've said repeatedly that it does not boot up beyond Software Updates. I don't get to go in to change the Host to Device now. Nor any of those screens I have to enable me to connect to ADB. Believe me, I would want my laptop to be able to connect via ADB services.

I don't think there is any difference rooting from a mac than a PC albeit codeage has made the GUI version for the PC. Essentially the essence of the rooting is the same.

I've done all the steps you so kindly reminded us all to do when I first rooted and enable these services. It worked great when it last until one day it just didn't wanna start anymore. I guess I am the unlucky one that the unit seems to behave differently from the rest.

Thanks for trying.

18th March 2018, 12:46 AM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I hope Codeage does not take this the wrong way, I am just wondering if this is it for development of HondaHack (aka final version)? I can get into my 2018 CR-V via the password but as I explained in another post, if something goes wrong my dealer told me that it would take 2 months to get a new HU. So I have been kind of waiting to see if any further improvements are coming out.
It really would not matter to me if it was $50 a pop for the software and if Codeage wants contributions to buy a spare head unit to develop this further he can count on me to donate.
18th March 2018, 04:28 AM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Does anyone have the link to wireless root? Figured I'd post here first before contacting codeage. After my unit messed up a couple weeks back Honda replaced it under warranty so want to try my luck on the replacement unit.

Thanks!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
18th March 2018, 08:52 AM |#1005  

More
how did your unit messed up? What did your unit do that honda replaced yours?

Mine got replaced as well. It was looping at Software Update.

I am asking cos I wanna just hold on a little more before i decide to root again. I want to see if it's a repeat problem in the forum too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalsh24

Does anyone have the link to wireless root? Figured I'd post here first before contacting codeage. After my unit messed up a couple weeks back Honda replaced it under warranty so want to try my luck on the replacement unit.

Thanks!

18th March 2018, 09:16 AM |#1006  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlow

how did your unit messed up? What did your unit do that honda replaced yours?

Mine got replaced as well. It was looping at Software Update.

I am asking cos I wanna just hold on a little more before i decide to root again. I want to see if it's a repeat problem in the forum too.

1. Do not modify the system files, for example, try to install Google play services.
2. If you have SuperSU installed and SuperSU prompt you to “Update binary”, make sure to select “Normal”, must not select other option.
3. Do not use other apps which require root privilege, unless you know what they will do to the system.
18th March 2018, 09:24 AM |#1007  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadlk

I hope Codeage does not take this the wrong way, I am just wondering if this is it for development of HondaHack (aka final version)? I can get into my 2018 CR-V via the password but as I explained in another post, if something goes wrong my dealer told me that it would take 2 months to get a new HU. So I have been kind of waiting to see if any further improvements are coming out.
It really would not matter to me if it was $50 a pop for the software and if Codeage wants contributions to buy a spare head unit to develop this further he can count on me to donate.

If you have Browser app in the app list of the home screen, you can use the wireless root method. It is easy and safe. If you want to try it out, please send email or pm me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to codeage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift codeage Ad-Free
18th March 2018, 09:26 AM |#1008  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalsh24

Thanks!

Please email or pm me and I will send you the authorization code for free.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to codeage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift codeage Ad-Free
18th March 2018, 04:19 PM |#1009  

More
Honda CRV 2018
Code age, please send me the wireless procedure..I do have browser in my crv HU
18th March 2018, 04:55 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeage

Please email or pm me and I will send you the authorization code for free.

Will this procedure work with the 2018 Honda Accord?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
18th March 2018, 06:30 PM |#1011  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeage

If you have Browser app in the app list of the home screen, you can use the wireless root method. It is easy and safe. If you want to try it out, please send email or pm me.

hi codeage....first of all thank you sir for your efforts and for taking the time for helping us enjoy our honda cars. I have a 2018 Civic SI coupe and don’t have a browser. There is however an “app instl” icon. Is there a way to root my ecu? Again thank you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)