FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to enter developer mode on 2017 Honda Civic (and now root & install apps)

239 posts
Thanks Meter: 199

By codeage, Senior Member on 14th June 2017, 08:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd April 2019, 01:33 PM |#2541  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I noticed an issue.
I have a USB flash drive inserted into the car USB port (where the cup holder are). I set Spotify to store its cache and downloads there as the HH is limited in storage.
Sadly, every monirning, I notice t-hat Spotify looses the storage setting set, and reverts back using the device internal storage, and I need to switch it back. Seems random. Many times it is fine, and rememebrs the USB flash drive.

23rd April 2019, 04:52 PM |#2542  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
CoPilot GPS
Hi Friend,

The latest news I have bought CoPilot GPS for mySamsung S8 Phone Android for 2 $ with lifetime Maps.

Installed it on my Honda Civic 2016 an activation with the same email account, all works well.

Much cheaper, automatic MAPS update when I was in my garage with my Home WIFI am so happy with that.

Anyone need the APK, let me know.

Regards
Zahur
Montré**al Canada

Dont forget to thanks **
23rd April 2019, 09:31 PM |#2543  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notor1ouS-

i tested Android Auto meanwhile and viper also works there. i guess you wont have any problems on other sources.

theres also a newer viper version, but unofficial version:
https://labs.xda-developers.com/stor...dewitt.viperfx

i didnt test that one, but it seems to have slightly different UI. its using the same viper driver like the old official one.

Well went ahead and installed the Honda hack on my headunit everything went smoothly, noticed if you killed viper application process with task manager it would turn off the eq effects and would return when reopened, and does this Honda hack automatically enable the "flat eq" output script because even without viper there is a ton more bass and it seems that xm radio dosent seem to change the audio sound with viper but everyother audio source it does, side note anyone tried to flash zip files like audio mods like Dolby Atmos etc? I know we don't have access to recovery yet but I'm sure there are applications that can flash zips without recovery.
23rd April 2019, 09:57 PM |#2544  
Flag Dedham, MA
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaC4

Well went ahead and installed the Honda hack on my headunit everything went smoothly, noticed if you killed viper application process with task manager it would turn off the eq effects and would return when reopened, and does this Honda hack automatically enable the "flat eq" output script because even without viper there is a ton more bass and it seems that xm radio dosent seem to change the audio sound with viper but everyother audio source it does, side note anyone tried to flash zip files like audio mods like Dolby Atmos etc? L

I'm not sure how many questions, if any, are in this sentence.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tdiman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdiman Ad-Free
23rd April 2019, 10:04 PM |#2545  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
interesting!
iam not using xm-radio, since streaming is nearly impossible in germany (bad mobile internet + phone contracts with limited data traffic everywhere).

there's a dspflat apk somewhere on this thread, but some people on the civicx.com forum reported that it wouldnt work.
out-of-box, hondahack wont install/enable dspflat.
tbh, its not needed with viper.

i guess iam not touching flashable zips in a while, since we dont have a recovery.
but i guess it should be possible that some app dev could add more equalizer bands on viper (?).
23rd April 2019, 10:18 PM |#2546  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

interesting!
iam not using xm-radio, since streaming is nearly impossible in germany (bad mobile internet + phone contracts with limited data traffic everywhere).

there's a dspflat apk somewhere on this thread, but some people on the civicx.com forum reported that it wouldnt work.

i guess iam not touching flashable zips in a while, since we dont have a recovery.
but i guess it should be possible that some app dev could add more equalizer bands on viper (?).

I didnt get the part where you said DSP Flat wouldnt work. It works good but not for people with Premium Sound option in their civics
23rd April 2019, 11:26 PM |#2547  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiman

I'm not sure how many questions, if any, are in this sentence.

Like 3 or 4, I realise now how much of a disaster that post is lol

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote:

interesting!

Makes sense that when I tried to turn on DSP flat in the hidden menu it did nothing, but with viper installed and bass boost and clarity enabled it's way better then stock already. I would try to be the one to try flashing zips with those apps but with my luck I would end up bricking it lol. But yeah not gonna mess with flashing till we have a recovery or a another option available(if we ever do).
25th April 2019, 01:25 AM |#2548  

More
Been digging around hidden menus with Shortcut master and found this On Canadian Civics (like mine) we dont have TPMS for reasons unknown cause it costs no extra money and since its an indirect system it goes through ABS so its completely controlled by software, wondering if there is a way to enable it somehow, as of now theres no option to toggle it, though it probably needs the cluster to have the indicator light for it to function properly unless there is a way to get it to show up on the digital tach on the cluster but as far as I know theres no way to modify it, any one tried something like this before? I will try to find if theres something hidden to enable it, hopefully it dosent require a re-flash of the pcm but the lack of the indicator light on the cluster may be a issue.
25th April 2019, 05:07 AM |#2549  

More
Quote:

Been digging around hidden menus with Shortcut master and found this
On Canadian Civics (like mine) we dont have TPMS for reasons unknown cause it costs no extra money and since its an indirect system it goes through ABS so its completely controlled by software, wondering if there is a way to enable it somehow, as of now theres no option to toggle it, though it probably needs the cluster to have the indicator light for it to function properly unless there is a way to get it to show up on the digital tach on the cluster but as far as I know theres no way to modify it, any one tried something like this before? I will try to find if theres something hidden to enable it, hopefully it dosent require a re-flash of the pcm but the lack of the indicator light on the cluster may be a issue.

TPMS is a feeature required by law in California (maybe other states but it started in California and know this for sure), and as a result, being a very large population, car manufcature simply decided to have it in all car models in the US. Canada we don't have it, but we do have some intresting trim specs. For example, the US LX, they have the DX trim headunit, which doesn't have this fancy touchscreen and rear camera. So they need to spend a lot more to get the nice big screen.

TPMS require sensors on each tires. It replaces the traditional tire valve with one with a sensor:

Each sensor runs on battery.

To enable it, it probably need a firmware update or the special dealership software that can communicate with the infotainment it is connected to (probably via USB) to unlock it. Same with Map feature, and even enabling Navigation (which, in Canada, for the 2016 model, only the Touring and Type-R has it enabled by default, as they have, as option the Garmin Map option for a nice extra. LX, EX and EX-T doesn't have. Later models do. So, if like me, you have the 2016 non-touring, you can't enjoy Waze navigation integration in the dash. And no one seem to care to help finding ways to enable it).

And like you said, no light indicate on the dash.

P.S: be careful playing the menu. They are things are things that don't have cancel or undo, and you may need to bring it to teh dealership to have it recalibrate to fix, like the side camera, if you have it. And those things are not cheap services. So be careful what you hit with your finger.
25th April 2019, 06:11 AM |#2550  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet Paper

TPMS is a feeature required by law in California (maybe other states but it started in California and know this for sure), and as a result, being a very large population, car manufcature simply decided to have it in all car models in the US. Canada we don't have it, but we do have some intresting trim specs. For example, the US LX, they have the DX trim headunit, which doesn't have this fancy touchscreen and rear camera. So they need to spend a lot more to get the nice big screen.

TPMS require sensors on each tires. It replaces the traditional tire valve with one with a sensor:

Each sensor runs on battery.

To enable it, it probably need a firmware update or the special dealership software that can communicate with the infotainment it is connected to (probably via USB) to unlock it. Same with Map feature, and even enabling Navigation (which, in Canada, for the 2016 model, only the Touring and Type-R has it enabled by default, as they have, as option the Garmin Map option for a nice extra. LX, EX and EX-T doesn't have. Later models do. So, if like me, you have the 2016 non-touring, you can't enjoy Waze navigation integration in the dash. And no one seem to care to help finding ways to enable it).

And like you said, no light indicate on the dash.

P.S: be careful playing the menu. They are things are things that don't have cancel or undo, and you may need to bring it to teh dealership to have it recalibrate to fix, like the side camera, if you have it. And those things are not cheap services. So be careful what you hit with your finger.

It's funny that DRL isn't madatory in the states but TPMS is, even so it literally would cost them nothing to have had these cars with tpms because it is completely software based because actually The TPMS system for these Honda's mostly consist of a indirect system which goes through the ABS to look at wheel speed and variances between them, IE if one tire looses air pressure it's diameter becomes smaller and then rotates faster then the other 3 and it will trip the warning light indicating that a tire is low, that is also why when there is a fault with the ABS system TPMS does not work. Luckily I have a 19 Si so it already has the maps dash integration and I don't use Waze , yeah didn't bother with messing around with the stuff I knew was gonna cause issues, most of those short cuts you can get through the hidden menus any ways was just wondering if anyone has stumbled upon more hidden settings because there really isn't a dedicated thread to this kind of stuff.
25th April 2019, 06:27 AM |#2551  

More
Quote:

It's funny that DRL isn't madatory in the states but TPMS is, even so it literally would cost them nothing to have had these cars with tpms because it is completely software based because actually The TPMS system for these Honda's mostly consist of a indirect system which goes through the ABS to look at wheel speed and variances between them, IE if one tire looses air pressure it's diameter becomes smaller and then rotates faster then the other 3 and it will trip the warning light indicating that a tire is low, that is also why when there is a fault with the ABS system TPMS does not work. .

Well in the car manufacturing world, every penny count. Because it is millions of dollars at the end. And also, a few dollars here and there saved on the car, is also hundreds of dollars, and possibly even a thousand dollar, which can make a car not price competitive anymore. Considering that cars cost more in Canada for various reasons also, it doesn't help anything having a more expensive car in the end.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)