FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to enter developer mode on 2017 Honda Civic (and now root & install apps)

245 posts
Thanks Meter: 211

By codeage, Senior Member on 14th June 2017, 08:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th August 2019, 05:35 PM |#2751  
Flag bucharest
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi all,

during my last service visit, the dealer updated the head unit firmware from Ver.1.F193.75 to Ver.1.F197.70.
I tried to reinstall the honda hack again from the web via http://autohack.org/root but it doesn't seem to work. takes forever and the app is not installed. Any clue?

12th August 2019, 06:24 PM |#2752  
Flag Zvolenska Slatina
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkon

Hi all,

during my last service visit, the dealer updated the head unit firmware from Ver.1.F193.75 to Ver.1.F197.70.
I tried to reinstall the honda hack again from the web via http://autohack.org/root but it doesn't seem to work. takes forever and the app is not installed. Any clue?

I think I have the same version and installed honda hack without trouble, except had to ask codeage for help, because I had problem with key... wasn't valid. He had to re-authorize it

Sent from my MI 8 UD using Tapatalk
12th August 2019, 07:46 PM |#2753  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkon

Hi all,

Do you have the F197.70 or F197.00 version?

Also, another questions.
What Civic model and Year you have?
Does Android Auto music apps still work normally like Spotify or Google Music?

Thank you.
13th August 2019, 09:12 AM |#2754  
Flag bucharest
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I'm using the F197.70 version
13th August 2019, 01:01 PM |#2755  
Flag Dedham, MA
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightthief

Did anyone ever get Viper4android settings to apply to CarPlay? Checked a few forums for can’t find an affirmative answer from someone with direct experience who isn’t just inferring that it should work.

Bluetooth works fine, but no luck with CarPlay.

I saw your post on the Crv forum... I'm going to infer but bear with me. Android auto doesn't transmit streaming audio over Bluetooth, it uses a wired input. Phone audio is always transmitted via Bluetooth. This allows, among other things, you to disconnect android auto and keep the call live through the speakers.

In Viper, there is a setting in the menu to force all audio output to use the same eq settings - I think it's called 'lock effect mode'. In my case I set it to Bluetooth. So what I do is adjust the viper settings for the BT audio source, and Viper applies it to all audio going through the unit, no matter the source.

Try that first. Hopefully someone with Carplay can also chime in...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
13th August 2019, 02:26 PM |#2756  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiman

I saw your post on the Crv forum... I'm going to infer but bear with me. Android auto doesn't transmit streaming audio over Bluetooth, it uses a wired input. Phone audio is always transmitted via Bluetooth. This allows, among other things, you to disconnect android auto and keep the call live through the speakers.

In Viper, there is a setting in the menu to force all audio output to use the same eq settings - I think it's called 'lock effect mode'. In my case I set it to Bluetooth. So what I do is adjust the viper settings for the BT audio source, and Viper applies it to all audio going through the unit, no matter the source.

Already tried that without any luck.
I have an android phone from work to test against. It’s fine as well.
CarPlay’s connection is different.
Trying to put a definitive answer out there so people don’t potentially waste their money like I may have.

One person on the civic forums mentions it working, but provides no details, and hasn’t responded to my private message. Nor has anyone responded to my general post there.
13th August 2019, 06:28 PM |#2757  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
I'm sure the hondahack dev can build a workaround for carplay+viper?

on Android-Auto there is a similar problem, that viper isnt working after using android auto.
ie. you have to open viper again after restarting the car, when uve used android auto before.

maybe we can request a fix for all the viper issues?
13th August 2019, 06:57 PM |#2758  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notor1ouS-

I'm sure the hondahack dev can build a workaround for carplay+viper?

on Android-Auto there is a similar problem, that viper isnt working after using android auto.
ie. you have to open viper again after restarting the car, when uve used android auto before.

maybe we can request a fix for all the viper issues?

I'll reach out to the Honda Hack dev, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he not able to troubleshoot iOS issues.
The issue at hand here is not the VIper isn't active. It is, switching to other inputs like Bluetooth or a thumb drive, let me make alterations.
Viper may simply not now how to grab whatever audio channel CarPlay uses to make alterations to it, and since we have to use a specific build of Viper that is already old, there may not be a fix.

That said, I could have sworn I made some choices about how to route audio to various channels, such as whether to combine radio audio with navigation audio etc, when I first installed Honda Hack and now I can't find them again.
Is that a first time only option?
14th August 2019, 12:41 AM |#2759  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightthief

I'll reach out to the Honda Hack dev, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he not able to troubleshoot iOS issues.
The issue at hand here is not the VIper isn't active. It is, switching to other inputs like Bluetooth or a thumb drive, let me make alterations.
Viper may simply not now how to grab whatever audio channel CarPlay uses to make alterations to it, and since we have to use a specific build of Viper that is already old, there may not be a fix.

That said, I could have sworn I made some choices about how to route audio to various channels, such as whether to combine radio audio with navigation audio etc, when I first installed Honda Hack and now I can't find them again.
Is that a first time only option?

There is a compatible mode for sound option where you can also choose some sound channel options.
14th August 2019, 12:52 PM |#2760  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludeape

There is a compatible mode for sound option where you can also choose some sound channel options.

Can you provide further detail?
Where in the Honda Hack settings is that accessed?
14th August 2019, 04:45 PM |#2761  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenster45

I have been running a legit copy of SYGIC up to and including version 17.9.0
When I tries to install 17.9.3 or 17.9.4, the HH offline install button is greyed out and it will not install using APKPURE.
I suspect that SYGIC may have changed the supported android version from 4.03+ to 4.4+
Can anyone verify?

Are you still able to get the voice navigation working over the am/fm radio in 17.9.0?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)