FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to enter developer mode on 2017 Honda Civic (and now root & install apps)

249 posts
Thanks Meter: 211
 
By codeage, Senior Member on 14th June 2017, 09:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th November 2019, 10:54 AM |#2901  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin

Yes, you can try this project: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app ....or buy a new car with headunit which support it natively

Sent from my MI 8 UD using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Ill try the first option for now
1st December 2019, 10:26 PM |#2902  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Does anyone try to connect 2 phones simultaneously where 1st phone handles android auto and 2nd handle phone calls? I tried to disable bluetooth services on the android auto phone but it blocks loading AA. Any ideas ?
2nd December 2019, 12:33 PM |#2903  
wickedsatan's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Hello,
So I have a different headunit. It is Thai local. HondaHack do not support that so what options do I have? How do I root?
Thanks
2nd December 2019, 05:16 PM |#2904  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hi codeage, i've just installed waze on my 2016 pilot. but i dont seem to get it to work. it always says " no gps or cannot find my location". is there any solutions that i can try. i've tried searching the threads. thanks
4th December 2019, 06:46 PM |#2905  
darky22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogal01

Does anyone try to connect 2 phones simultaneously where 1st phone handles android auto and 2nd handle phone calls? I tried to disable bluetooth services on the android auto phone but it blocks loading AA. Any ideas ?

I tried connecting 2 phones simultaneously, one is hooked up to AA and the other for my wife to play her playlist. I haven't tried the call feature yet but it is doable.
4th December 2019, 10:07 PM |#2906  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
My apologies if this post is a bit off-topic. Does anyone know if it's possible to connect the head unit to a hidden SSID hotspot? I have the head unit connected to my hotspot without the SSID being hidden; however, as soon as I hide the SSID, the head unit can no longer connect to my hotspot.

Thank you in advance..
5th December 2019, 03:12 PM |#2907  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet

My apologies if this post is a bit off-topic. Does anyone know if it's possible to connect the head unit to a hidden SSID hotspot? I have the head unit connected to my hotspot without the SSID being hidden; however, as soon as I hide the SSID, the head unit can no longer connect to my hotspot.

Thank you in advance..

You should be able to add network manually, where you can type your hidden SSID. I'll check it out and let you know.
The Following User Says Thank You to yigitanil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yigitanil Ad-Free
5th December 2019, 04:47 PM |#2908  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Has anyone got Spotify with album art to work with honda hack?

Cheers
5th December 2019, 06:36 PM |#2909  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Does anyone know if Honda Hack works with a 2016 Honda HRV? It’s not listed on the website

Alternatively anyone know a method to root the head unit?

Thanks in advance
5th December 2019, 11:56 PM |#2910  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darky22

I tried connecting 2 phones simultaneously, one is hooked up to AA and the other for my wife to play her playlist. I haven't tried the call feature yet but it is doable.

I also think it's doable but how ? You can have 2 phones connected via Bluetooth one for music second one for calls., it's a default HU feature. The issue is AA always take over the calls...
6th December 2019, 11:38 PM |#2911  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdweb

Has anyone got Spotify with album art to work with honda hack?

Cheers

You can sideload latest Spotify version but the HU becomes laggy or you can sideload latest Spotify Lite version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes