FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to enter developer mode on 2017 Honda Civic (and now root & install apps)

251 posts
Thanks Meter: 213

By codeage, Senior Member on 14th June 2017, 09:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th January 2020, 09:11 PM |#2931  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeage

The battery data is sent over the canbus, so I think it is accurate.

The data can be accurate, voltage in cigarette lighter is same ... but voltage measured directly on battery when engine is off is very different. Probably some kind of voltage regulation is active, maybe information about real battery voltage is not available in any ecu unit.
6th January 2020, 11:14 AM |#2932  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Good afternoon. Please tell me, you have not advanced with installing
your program on Honda Accord X? What is the difference from CRV Civic
Pilot? Maybe you need some help
13th January 2020, 12:44 AM |#2933  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Viper4Android
Does Viper4Android work with radio? People have told me the radio isn't modified.
13th January 2020, 08:38 AM |#2934  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregy4

The data can be accurate, voltage in cigarette lighter is same ... but voltage measured directly on battery when engine is off is very different. Probably some kind of voltage regulation is active, maybe information about real battery voltage is not available in any ecu unit.

When the engine is not running, voltage shown on the screen should be battery voltage. After the ignition, alternator powers the entire car (ex. cigarette lighter) and charges the battery. This time, value on the screen should be the alternator's voltage.

Is this the situation on honda hack? I dont have pro version so can not test it...
14th January 2020, 12:46 AM |#2935  
Flag Boston

More
I found out v4a doesn't effect radio, do you have a fix?
14th January 2020, 07:45 PM |#2936  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devdawg8

I found out v4a doesn't effect radio, do you have a fix?

It is not possible. Radio is routed directly to amp.
16th January 2020, 04:42 AM |#2937  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yigitanil

When the engine is not running, voltage shown on the screen should be battery voltage. After the ignition, alternator powers the entire car (ex. cigarette lighter) and charges the battery. This time, value on the screen should be the alternator's voltage.

Is this the situation on honda hack? I dont have pro version so can not test it...

Correct. You should see 12.x Volts when on accessory mode (assuming it is not freezing cold, the battery is top shape and fully charged), and 14.2 V (if I remember correctly) when the engine has started.

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregy4

What is meaning of voltage displayed in pro version of honda hack ?
When my car was parking for two days, displayed voltage was 11.9V and voltage directly on battery 13.5V with engine off.

I asked codeage about it but don’t receive satisfactory answer, like it is control module voltage value and it is not relevant when engine is off or something like that.

The accurate voltage of the battery is when you use a battery tester to measure the voltage.
Using the car system to get the battery voltage is not accurate as you have power draw from several systems at this time. When you have a load, the voltage will get a hit.
There is no magic. Codeage saw that he can grab that information collected by the car infotainment, and gives it gives to you. (probably takes it for dealership tools or out of factory verification of the vehicle)

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdweb

Thanks for your response. I installed the latestvsporify but it just wouldn't load. Screen stayed black? Haven't tried the lite version though.

Thanks again.

It loads correctly. The issue is that Spotify uses GPU draw call which Android 4.2 that the car has doesn't support, so they are not drawn.
What you are seeing, or should be seeing, I should say, is the account login screen. If you tap randomly at the "black screen" you'll eventually hit a button or a text box. (User name or password).
It is a pain, but try tapping randomly until you find your the user name text box, enter it with the on screen keyboard (which will show), and the password which will also be hidden. You'll also have a Facebook login button too, but when you'll hit you'll know, as it will open the web browser, which you can return back to Spotify via the Back button, or press and hold the Home button to have the "Task Manager" and pick Spotify again. Once you login, everything should display fine, and you should not be asked to login again in the future. So a small pain that you need to deal only once.

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfeds

hi codeage, i've just installed waze on my 2016 pilot. but i dont seem to get it to work. it always says " no gps or cannot find my location". is there any solutions that i can try. i've tried searching the threads. thanks

GPS location is not needed for Honda Hack. Your car will not get a GPS location if you are in the garage, or have difficulty getting a GPS signal if it is very cloudy and/or in a downtown area where you are surrounded with tall buildings.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)