FORUMS

[GUIDE] How to enter developer mode on 2017 Honda Civic (and now root & install apps)

253 posts
Thanks Meter: 216

By codeage, Senior Member on 14th June 2017, 08:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th June 2020, 09:37 AM |#3011  
Flag Burnaby
Thanks Meter: 823

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri

Installed the latest HH on 2018 Clarity PHEV yesterday (for a good measure also updated HH from within the app). Now the Android Auto stopped working, it stays on Loading...

Rebooted the phone and everything seems to be back to normal! Thanks to codeage for replying via email.
3rd July 2020, 12:45 AM |#3012  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
anyone able to use this with 2019 Honda Fit/Jazz GK5?

I've tried everything but purchase the app because my car isn't listed as compatible. I have accessed the service menu but it's a little different and turning developer mode did nothing.
5th July 2020, 06:25 PM |#3013  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Just want to know. How often are the apps in the Honda Hack library updated? (Waze, spotify and others)
5th July 2020, 10:31 PM |#3014  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashabwoy

Just want to know. How often are the apps in the Honda Hack library updated? (Waze, spotify and others)

AFAIK never 😁
PS. Use Spotify Lite if you want decent responsiveness.
6th July 2020, 04:12 PM |#3015  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey all. I went back to page 294 to see if my issue was already posted and didn’t see. I’ve got the pro version installed on my 2019 Civic EX Coupe. Everything was great for a while until Apple car play started to black screen and freeze. I could go to the home screen and use the head unit as normal. Could use all audio sources except for Bluetooth as it said Bluetooth was disabled while using car play. I’d disconnect my phone but car play would still show as active and opening it via the button again just opened the blank black screen. At first resetting the unit while driving fixed it but then that was enough as car play would still be blacked out and frozen once the reset was finished. I learned that selecting the option in Honda hack -> error fixing would solve the issue as it seemed to do a deeper harder reset but eventually that stopped being enough as well. The car play black out started happening every single time I got into my car, initially it was once a month than ramped up to happen more and more often until finally it was unusable.

I restored my unit to factory settings and used it for a while. It functioned for a month without a single issue. I installed Honda hack again and changed nothing. Used it for a month and all was fine. Then I enabled the fake parking option and that caused the black out car play after a few moments of using car play. If I turn the setting off then the issue doesn’t go away completely but it happens far less often and the above error fixing while driving at least seems to get it working again. But with that feature enabled, car play is unusable along with Bluetooth.

Anyone else have this issue?

Also, in the Honda hack settings there’s options to enable log mode, enable test mode, and a debug mode I believe. All three ask for a password. Does anyone know what the deal is with the password and where we get it? Don’t think it’s the radio code or it would say that. I’m curious to get some logs if possible to see if there’s some kind of major error going on when car play breaks down and freezes, won’t close and disabled Bluetooth. Any help is much appreciated. I bought pro just for the fake parking setting which is the setting that faults Apple car play so it’s a bit frustrating.

I do have the latest Honda hack version as of a few months ago and I do have the latest iOS 13 version on an 11 Pro.
6th July 2020, 08:36 PM |#3016  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I wanted to know if anyone has used the Honda Hack on a 2020 Honda Pilot Elite yet? If so what did they do to get it to work? Thanks for you help

Sent from my Samsung SM-G975U using XDA Labs
Yesterday, 06:46 PM |#3017  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
would it be possible to add wireless android auto via Honda hack?
Today, 04:18 AM |#3018  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoZeRoRaZ

AFAIK never
PS. Use Spotify Lite if you want decent responsiveness.

The funny thing is that I've installed a few versions of Spotify Lite and Waze on my Civic HU and none of them work properly.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notor1ouS-

would it be possible to add wireless android auto via Honda hack?

This would be GOLDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)