FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to enter developer mode on 2017 Honda Civic (and now root & install apps)

239 posts
Thanks Meter: 199
 
By codeage, Senior Member on 14th June 2017, 08:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd December 2017, 06:14 AM |#501  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobrooter99

And I just tried on my 2018 Civic. Same deal. When prompted for passcode, 1423 doesn't work. North American Honda Civic


Did you try 8 times on the build, the pressed
Model - kernel- android version- baseband version?
 
 
3rd December 2017, 06:19 AM |#502  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsawah

Did you try 8 times on the build, the pressed
Model - kernel- android version- baseband version?

I hit build until the password prompt appears. It even counts down for you so I did not count it out.
3rd December 2017, 06:23 AM |#503  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Ok, and did you did the order as in the pic in first post?

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

And do you have the same kernel version as in the pic and same build?
3rd December 2017, 06:24 AM |#504  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsawah

Ok, and did you did the order as in the pic in first post?

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

And do you have the same kernel version as in the pic and same build?

I did the same password

Kernel is the same number different date.
Build number is different
3rd December 2017, 06:29 AM |#505  
drpepper4lf's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsawah

Hey
First cd into the folder where the bin folder and the apk are, you will get the same message as Simon before (I suspect it).
The apk you are using is corrupt it does not have a license nor it is signed.
Try to get the app from another source, if you still cannot tell me I will send you a copy

Thanks for getting back to fast!! Ok, after CD into the correct folder and adding the PATH to ADB I now ran into this problem. I tried with newpipe as well as netflix, I got the APKs inside this forum. I suspect its a java problem but I just installed the latest verison.
Any thoughts?

Please connect your computer with the head unit...
OS type: Darwin
Getting signature of newpipe.apk...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Main : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader. java:637)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java :621)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Secure ClassLoader.java:141)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader .java:283)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader. java:58)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java: 197)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 06)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launche r.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 47)
Signature:
Getting package information... (press Control+C if you stuck here)
Package name: org.schabi.newpipe
Backuping whitelist...
/data/local/tmp/whitelist-1.0.xml: 1 file pulled. 2.6 MB/s (29491 bytes in 0.011s)
Preparing replacement whitelist
Error: APK signature NOT obtained!
The Following User Says Thank You to drpepper4lf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drpepper4lf Ad-Free
3rd December 2017, 06:33 AM |#506  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpepper4lf

Thanks for getting back to fast!! Ok, after CD into the correct folder and adding the PATH to ADB I now ran into this problem. I tried with newpipe as well as netflix, I got the APKs inside this forum. I suspect its a java problem but I just installed the latest verison.

Any thoughts?



Please connect your computer with the head unit...

OS type: Darwin

Getting signature of newpipe.apk...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Main : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader. java:637)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java :621)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Secure ClassLoader.java:141)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader .java:283)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader. java:58)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java: 197)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 06)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launche r.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 47)

Signature:

Getting package information... (press Control+C if you stuck here)

Package name: org.schabi.newpipe

Backuping whitelist...

/data/local/tmp/whitelist-1.0.xml: 1 file pulled. 2.6 MB/s (29491 bytes in 0.011s)

Preparing replacement whitelist

Error: APK signature NOT obtained!



It’s the same problem as Simon, you need an apk that’s supported by 4.2.2 and signed
Your apk is missing signature, try this one and tell me https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/thescr...-apk-download/

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpepper4lf

Thanks for getting back to fast!! Ok, after CD into the correct folder and adding the PATH to ADB I now ran into this problem. I tried with newpipe as well as netflix, I got the APKs inside this forum. I suspect its a java problem but I just installed the latest verison.

Any thoughts?



Please connect your computer with the head unit...

OS type: Darwin

Getting signature of newpipe.apk...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Main : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader. java:637)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java :621)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Secure ClassLoader.java:141)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader .java:283)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader. java:58)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java: 197)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 06)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launche r.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 47)

Signature:

Getting package information... (press Control+C if you stuck here)

Package name: org.schabi.newpipe

Backuping whitelist...

/data/local/tmp/whitelist-1.0.xml: 1 file pulled. 2.6 MB/s (29491 bytes in 0.011s)

Preparing replacement whitelist

Error: APK signature NOT obtained!



Or this newer version
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/thescr...-apk-download/
3rd December 2017, 06:36 AM |#507  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsawah

Ok, and did you did the order as in the pic in first post?

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

And do you have the same kernel version as in the pic and same build?

This is my kernel and build where the passcode isn't working. 2018 Honda Civic NA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171202_232721.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	4350821  
3rd December 2017, 07:04 AM |#508  
drpepper4lf's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsawah

It’s the same problem as Simon, you need an apk that’s supported by 4.2.2 and signed
Your apk is missing signature, try this one and tell me https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/thescr...-apk-download/

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Or this newer version
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/thescr...-apk-download/


No go, I tried both of them. Still getting the same error

UPDATE: FIXED!!!!! I downloaded regular java for the browser but not the Jdk Dev. After install it worked!

After 7 hours sitting in the car! It works!!!! AHHHHHH

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobrooter99

This is my kernel and build where the passcode isn't working. 2018 Honda Civic NA

Yeah, it looks like you're on a different build then the first post. I know someone tried on their 2018 Honda CR-V and it didn't work. Looks like they changed the passcode? !

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Now to try and figure out how to whitelist the keyboard to use while driving (by the passenger, of course)...
3rd December 2017, 07:12 AM |#509  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpepper4lf

No go, I tried both of them. Still getting the same error

UPDATE: FIXED!!!!! I downloaded regular java for the browser but not the Jdk Dev. After install it worked!

After 7 hours sitting in the car! It works!!!! AHHHHHH

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------



Yeah, it looks like you're on a different build then the first post. I know someone tried on their 2018 Honda CR-V and it didn't work. Looks like they changed the passcode? !

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Now to try and figure out how to whitelist the keyboard to use while driving (by the passenger, of course)...

try this
https://mega.nz/#!Ma5DEIKK

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobrooter99

This is my kernel and build where the passcode isn't working. 2018 Honda Civic NA

if i remember correctly there was a problem with a build who would not go into dev mode... i'll look into that online, meanwhile try different combinations to see which is the right one
3rd December 2017, 11:57 AM |#510  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
That’s the exact same error I was having and it was because I didn’t have aapt.

At first, I tried installing android-sdk using brew, but I was getting an error message about a conflict android-platform-tools.

So I uninstalled android-platform-tools with this command:
brew uninstall --force android-platform-tools

And then installed Android SDK with this:
brew cask install android-sdk

Lastly, I had to install Java SDK.

Good luck!
Let us know if it works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpepper4lf

What did you download exactly. Do I have to download the entire Android Studio for the aapt tool? and do I download a specific API? does it matter? (I'm not sure how to install via brew...)

UPDATE: After messing around for hours.... this is what I keep getting...

MacBookPro:adb "MyName"$ install.sh newpipe.apk
Please connect your computer with the head unit...
OS type: Darwin
Getting signature of newpipe.apk...
Unable to access jarfile bin/GetAndroidSig.jar
Signature:
Getting package information... (press Control+C if you stuck here)
W/asset ( 800): Asset path newpipe.apk is neither a directory nor file (type=1).
ERROR: dump failed because assets could not be loaded
Package name:
Backuping whitelist...
/data/local/tmp/whitelist-1.0.xml: 1 file pulled. 2.5 MB/s (29491 bytes in 0.011s)
Preparing replacement whitelist
Error: APK signature NOT obtained!
MacBookPro:adb "MyName"$

3rd December 2017, 01:43 PM |#511  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpepper4lf

Thanks for getting back to fast!! Ok, after CD into the correct folder and adding the PATH to ADB I now ran into this problem. I tried with newpipe as well as netflix, I got the APKs inside this forum. I suspect its a java problem but I just installed the latest verison.

Any thoughts?



Please connect your computer with the head unit...

OS type: Darwin

Getting signature of newpipe.apk...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Main : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader. java:637)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java :621)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Secure ClassLoader.java:141)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader .java:283)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader. java:58)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java: 197)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 06)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launche r.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 47)

Signature:

Getting package information... (press Control+C if you stuck here)

Package name: org.schabi.newpipe

Backuping whitelist...

/data/local/tmp/whitelist-1.0.xml: 1 file pulled. 2.6 MB/s (29491 bytes in 0.011s)

Preparing replacement whitelist

Error: APK signature NOT obtained!



Your java version is too old. Upgrading to java 8 should solve the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to codeage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift codeage Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes