FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to gain root shell on 2016 Honda Pilot (and now install apps!!!)

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 104

By jersacct, Member on 25th October 2016, 10:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st June 2017, 09:20 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
anyone have original 2016 pilot exl non Nav factory_reset.sh file ?

2nd June 2017, 04:27 PM |#502  
Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyyang84

anyone have original 2016 pilot exl non Nav factory_reset.sh file ?

Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2016 EX-L non-nav factory_reset.zip - [Click for QR Code] (610 Bytes, 172 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to TimR1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TimR1 Ad-Free
2nd June 2017, 06:13 PM |#503  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR1

Here you go.

thanks! thanks! thanks!
3rd June 2017, 11:41 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I was thinking of buying a 2016 pilot. Has there been any progress in getting Carplay working on it?
4th June 2017, 02:14 PM |#505  
Flag Dayton
Thanks Meter: 4

More
After about a month of use, this is so great. I love using Waze through the car. And Spotify is really nice to have too. I did the process on my dad's 16 Touring and my brother in law's 17 Touring as well. Both seemed to work fine. Thanks to all for your hard work on this!
The Following User Says Thank You to trent99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trent99 Ad-Free
4th June 2017, 09:07 PM |#506  

More
Tried Did not Work! Thanks in Advance
Hello,
First, thank you for the noob guide! Much Appreciated
I tried following the steps and got this message
I have a 2017 Honda Accord Ex, 6spd.
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Mohammed Ali>cd c:\hondahack\OneClick

c:\hondahack\OneClick>OneClickInstall.bat 172.20.10.13 waze.apk

c:\hondahack\OneClick>.\bin\bash.exe .\OneClickInstall.sh 172.20.10.13 waze.apk

Usage: ./OneClickInstall.sh ipaddress My.apk
Example: ./OneClickInstall.sh 192.168.1.100 Waze.apk
Disconnecting other adb devices\n
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
disconnected everything
Connecting to 172.20.10.13\n
connected to 172.20.10.13:5555
Checking for root...
No root yet, addressing the situation
Attempting to push payloads to /data/local/tmp/rootme\n
[100%] /data/local/tmp/rootme/factory_reset_mod.sh
[100%] /data/local/tmp/rootme/dirtycow
[100%] /data/local/tmp/rootme/nefarious.sh
[100%] /data/local/tmp/rootme/su
Exploiting dirtycow to replace factory_reset.sh with our own\n
warning: new file size (60) and file old size (3489) differ

size 3489

[*] mmap 0x401fa000[*] exploit (patch)[*] currently 0x401fa000=732f2123[*] madvise = 0x401fa000 3489[*] madvise = 0 1048576[*] /proc/self/mem -636485632 1048576[*] exploited 0x401fa000=732f2123
Okay - should be all set, initiate factory reset and hope for the best!
Go to Home ->Settings->System->Factory Data Reset (scroll all the way down) and
ititiate factory reset, press enter when unit has rebooted & reconnected to WiFi

Okay - checking for successfull root\n
disconnected everything
connected to 172.20.10.13:5555
.\OneClickInstall.sh: Hmm, didn't get root. Aborting further operations.: comman
d not found

Thank you again for the help!
5th June 2017, 07:17 AM |#507  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendrix05

I have the same issue. Running windows 10 and I have Java SE runtime installed. Anyone have any clues what I'm missing?

Thanks.

I was able to fix this by downloading the oneclick install file from this post rather than using the one from github. Hope this helps.
6th June 2017, 08:30 AM |#508  

More
Can't get apk signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Lejuhnd

Another quick thought that I can add to the tutorial. In my situation, I was unable to get my car a steady connection to my home network. The router is at one end of the house and the cars are parked outside on the other. I could connect sporadically, but the last thing you want is to lose connection while the script is running and have a half uploaded file!

One solution is to take any old wireless router and plug it in near your Honda. As long as your PC of choice was a laptop, or it at least in range of this router, this will work. The router doesn't need to connect to the internet to work. All you need is the vehicle and computer to be on the same network. As long as the router is plugged into the wall and both devices can see it, they should be able to connect and communicate.

Hi! Really appreciate your help!! Everything was going smooth until I couldn't get the apk signature. Do you know how I could fix this? Thanks!!
6th June 2017, 12:50 PM |#509  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR1

Here you go.

What will be the benefit of the reset files. What will it do to the system. Can any one tell me.
6th June 2017, 08:37 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilger

Great. Please let me know when you have the reset file.

I finally went to the Honda dealer (busy month) and they did a software update for me. There were no features or enhancements, just big fixes, apparently. I asked for a copy of the flash drive or the file, but was told that Honda will not allow them to give it out.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Oh, another piece of info about how Honda will be doing this in the future:

The Honda service rep that I spoke with said that Honda corporate came to their dealership and installed a completely separate WiFi network specifically for future software updates. When you drive your 2018 Odyssey into the service area, the car will automatically connect and install any available software updates! Cool, creepy, convenient, and everything all at once!
8th June 2017, 03:43 PM |#511  
Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammarbukhari

What will be the benefit of the reset files. What will it do to the system. Can any one tell me.

The OneClickInstall.bat overwrites the original reset file in order to enable installation of new apps. Replacing the reset file will allow you to return the head unit to a more stock configuration. I haven't actually put the original reset file back on, but if I remember correctly others that have done it said it removed the new apps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
honda, pilot, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)