FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide] [All devices] [NO ROOT/ROOT] [Lollipop-Pie] how to record internal audio

116 posts
Thanks Meter: 57

By Kokalebougre, Senior Member on 30th September 2018, 11:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since Android 7, only Samsung device were able to record internal audio. But today I found a way to record internal audio with probably any Android 5 and above (tested on op5t 8.1 and 9.0).
Update: MIUI 10 (Android 8) have an inbuilt screen recorder that can record internal sound, but I don't know about MIUI pie.

It works on rooted and on some non rooted (confirmed working on OnePlus, Xiaomi, and few Moto) devices.
Install ScreenCam Screen Recorder (It's open-source!).
You can choose between 3 audio recording method :
-Mic : only mic
-Internal audio (Default source) : internal audio + mic, no root, confirmed working on OnePlus, Xiaomi, and few Moto
-Internal audio (System app, R_Submix) : internal audio only, but need to be rooted and install a magisk module

Instructions for Internal audio (System app, R_Submix):
-Download and install the magisk module (latest stable worked for me)
-Reboot
-Enjoy!

Alternative(root, Nougat-Pie):
Method 1:
You need to be rooted
Install Internal Audio Plugin, click enable then reboot.

Method 2:
You need to be rooted with magisk
1. install App systemizer from magisk repo and reboot
2. Install Internal Audio Plugin
3. With Terminal Emulator , enter the following lines :
:su
:systemize
Choose "Systemize Installed Apps (Enter label)" , enter "com.mobzapp.internalaudioplugin" then choose priv-app and reboot.

Then you can record your screen with internal audio with RecMe or you can stream with internal audio with ScreenStream. Don't forget to set audio source to internal sound.

If it says your device isn't compatible :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divyaannshh

Okay Guys I Finally Got The Solution For Android Internal Recording!
This Is A Temporary Fix/Solution But As Said Something Is Better Than Nothing!😁
Okay Guys So You Have To Follow All The Steps In The Guide Except The App Systemizing Part It's Pretty Simpe After Enabling The Audio Plugin And Configuring The Audio Source To (Internal Only) You Have To Make Sure That You Open REC Me App Right After It. I Mean In Recent Tab First Open Internal Audio Plugin And Then Open The REC Me App One Below The Other Or Whatever You're Recent Style Is It Just Has To Be One After The Other. 1) Internal Audio Plugin Then REC Me App And Start You're Recording. Then It Should Work Perfectly Fine That's All I Got Hope This Helps!😁🙏
Peace🙌

But sadly internal audio plugin process is sometime killed by android so you can't record for long time and that's why sometimes sound recording suddenly stop. At the moment the only solution is to downgrade :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divyaannshh

Guys I Have Seen In The Lastest Version Of REC Me App That The Recorded Video Slows Down And The There No Sound In The Video For This I Came Up With This Old Version Of The App Which Supports Lag Free Recording And Internal Audio Just Follow My Previous Step's With This App And Every Thing Should Be Fine!
LINK:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q99...w?usp=drivesdk
Go Ahead And Install It Now And Let Me Know If It Worked For You.
And Make Sure Not To Change The Storage Path In The Prefrence.
And Once You Have Configured Internal Audio In The Audio Settings Do Not Change It Even After Restarting App Shows Only Normal Option Like File, Mic ETC Once It's Selected It Should Work Perfectly Fine!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kokalebougre For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kokalebougre Ad-Free

10th November 2018, 03:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER KOKA

Since Android 7, only Samsung device were able to record internal audio. But today I found a way to record internal audio with probably any Android 7 and above (tested on op5t 8.1).

You need to be rooted with magisk
1. install App systemizer from magsik repo and reboot
2. Install this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nalaudioplugin
3. With terminal emulator (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...al.androidterm) , enter the following lines :
:su
:systemize
Choose "Systemize Installed Apps (Enter label)" , enter "com.mobzapp.internalaudioplugin" then choose priv-app and reboot.

Then you can record with internal audio with this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...app.recme.free or you can stream with internal audio with this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...enstream.trial . Don't forget to set audio source to internal sound.

Holy hell it worked! Thanks for this. I've been trying to figure out for hours how to screenrecord using internal audio. High rated apps from playstore failed me but this.
The Following User Says Thank You to chcknsld For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chcknsld Ad-Free
24th November 2018, 01:54 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Finally! Oh, thank you, man. 🙏 Have waited so long. You're amazing.
24th November 2018, 05:53 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
it works, but how do I keep the internal audio during the recording, for example while I'm playing, I can not hear the game
The Following User Says Thank You to Adoantony For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adoantony Ad-Free
25th November 2018, 11:49 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoantony

it works, but how do I keep the internal audio during the recording, for example while I'm playing, I can not hear the game

There is a toggle in audio settings of RecMe
26th November 2018, 12:29 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER KOKA

There is a toggle in audio settings of RecMe

I know, it still does not work
29th November 2018, 10:40 PM |#7  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I choose internal audio and i cant hear anything from my earphone. And when i play my recording still without sound recorded
10th December 2018, 01:58 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fylz

I choose internal audio and i cant hear anything from my earphone. And when i play my recording still without sound recorded

Yeah for me too on Android 9.0 pixel experience Moto g5 plus
11th December 2018, 01:38 PM |#9  

More
What is fix for no sound output through headphones out or neither in recording in Android Pie
12th December 2018, 11:21 AM |#10  

More
Does this mean it's failed? Should I do this after plugin is enabled?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181212-165007.png
Views:	1520
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	4663966  
12th December 2018, 12:55 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriv3r

Does this mean it's failed? Should I do this after plugin is enabled?

Retry after reboot, you can check if you can only disable the app it means it's done
And if it still fail contact the creator of this magsik module

EDIT : don't work anymore on Pie.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kokalebougre For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kokalebougre Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)