FORUMS

[Guide] How to get rid of force encryption/dm-verity on Huawei MediaPad T3 10 (AGS-W0

113 posts
Thanks Meter: 53

By Thanostsak, Senior Member on 17th September 2018, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st January 2019, 03:52 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by an-_-dro

encryption is not a problem. since the first place already done with that data partition.
my problem is system partition, every time i made a change to system (for example deleting chrome.apk), something triggered that makes my system weird (magisk forceclose, all file manager become malfunction because system become read only). something lock my system partition if system change.
i thought change fstab.qcom <mnt_flags and options> ro,errors=panic to >> errors=continue (deleting ro/read only) will change my system behaviour, but it's not

It's really weird. Unfortunately I have no idea what could be wrong. What's your device btw?
1st January 2019, 01:33 PM |#22  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanostsak

It's really weird. Unfortunately I have no idea what could be wrong. What's your device btw?

this device galaxy A6+, my first snapdragon device with samsung. yeah, thats really weird..and the most weird of all of these maybe you wont believe me .
please take a look at pic attachment, compare with winmerge between the original extracted system and from my TWRP backup. thats mean this TWRP backup already altered by phone system obviously right? the whole system difference only in "app" and "priv-app" folder. more than 90% of apk are different (wth yellow mark it says binary not equal if take a look inside the folder).
that means something has made a change to those apk(s)..apk has been marked/flaged and if i delete one of those apk, my system will unstable (magisk FC, msg, radio etc.).
as you can see there's remaining apk remain same..like facebookStub, FB services. if i delete this "untouched" apk, nothing gonna happen.
thats my case with this snapdragon, so far i still haven't found similar case in every android forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	binary mark 1.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	4677912   Click image for larger version

Name:	binary mark 2.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	4677913  
1st February 2019, 01:33 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

It is actually on the internal storage. Now that you are rooted you can use a root file explorer to get it. (128mb should be enough for this task)

After you remove the encryption, are you able to finally use the SD card to expand app storage? The 1 thing about this device I HATE is that no matter how big of an SD card you put in to it, app data will not go onto the SD card. 16GB is horrible for games and my 64GB SD Card is useless unless I can actually use it for app storage
1st February 2019, 03:32 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacho56

After you remove the encryption, are you able to finally use the SD card to expand app storage? The 1 thing about this device I HATE is that no matter how big of an SD card you put in to it, app data will not go onto the SD card. 16GB is horrible for games and my 64GB SD Card is useless unless I can actually use it for app storage

I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work. There are magisk modules that could help you bind your sd card to move app data there. Unfortunately I have never tried that,so I will not be able to assist you.
28th March 2019, 01:45 PM |#25  
Quote:

It's really weird...

Quote:

this device galaxy A6+...

*KNOX, KNOX!*
-who's there?
-It's Sammy, and I'm here to make your life miserable if you root!

--- Nothing weird about KNOX...
(from their website: "Samsung Knox is designed to protect the kernel and prevent rooting. This keeps the system processes and resources protected from hostile access and malware attacks."; emphasis mine.)
23rd May 2019, 09:44 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 62

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

this device galaxy A6+, my first snapdragon device with samsung. yeah, thats really weird..and the most weird of all of these maybe you wont believe me .
please take a look at pic attachment, compare with winmerge between the original extracted system and from my TWRP backup. thats mean this TWRP backup already altered by phone system obviously right? the whole system difference only in "app" and "priv-app" folder. more than 90% of apk are different (wth yellow mark it says binary not equal if take a look inside the folder).
that means something has made a change to those apk(s)..apk has been marked/flaged and if i delete one of those apk, my system will unstable (magisk FC, msg, radio etc.).
as you can see there's remaining apk remain same..like facebookStub, FB services. if i delete this "untouched" apk, nothing gonna happen.
thats my case with this snapdragon, so far i still haven't found similar case in every android forum.

Try selinux permissive ?
Try to setenforce 0 I had selinux give me lots of problems if ANYTHING in the system got changed...
I wouldn't think forcecloses?
Dm-verity aslo seemed to be an issue on my s6 edge MM 6.0.1 at the time ?
11th June 2019, 10:53 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Honor 5c
Don't work on Honor 5C NEM-L51.
I tried to install magisk, but modifiy the boot.img "brick" the device. (On startup the "encryption unsuccessful" pop-out)
I follow this Thread, but the problem is still present, after the animation boot, the message "encryption unsuccessful" pop and i can not bypass this security.

I add as an attachment screenshots of my OLD and NEW fstab (I have doubts about the changes I made, knowing that the file is .hi6250 and i have 5 fstab.zram in the ramdisk directory).

Thanks for help, and sorry for my bad English.

Edit: I'm not able to add files or url because of a stupid "anti-spam" rules
11th June 2019, 12:16 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkroniid

I have doubts about the changes I made, knowing that the file is .hi6250 and i have 5 fstab.zram in the ramdisk directory

I suggest using the assayyed kitchen menu to remove encryption instead of the manual way i suggested in the guide. After extracting the boot.img file you would see the option to do that throught the menu. Also don't forget to format your userdata using TWRP before booting.
11th June 2019, 12:57 PM |#29  

More
Quote:

I suggest using the assayyed kitchen menu to remove encryption instead of the manual way i suggested in the guide. After extracting the boot.img file you would see the option to do that throught the menu. Also don't forget to format your userdata using TWRP before booting.

I try that, thanks !
but, one question, I also remove DM-Verity or not?
11th June 2019, 12:58 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkroniid

I try that, thanks !
but, one question, I also remove DM-Verity or not?

No there is no need to remove dm-verity, to get rid of encryption.
11th June 2019, 01:06 PM |#31  

More
Quote:

No there is no need to remove dm-verity, to get rid of encryption.

The procedure don't work
when you say delete userdata, it's TWRP> wipe-> format data> "yes" ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dm-verity, encryption, huawei, magisk_merge.img mount failed, mediapad

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)