FORUMS

[Guide] How to get rid of force encryption/dm-verity on Huawei MediaPad T3 10 (AGS-W0

113 posts
Thanks Meter: 53
 
By Thanostsak, Senior Member on 17th September 2018, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th June 2019, 01:06 PM |#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanostsak

No there is no need to remove dm-verity, to get rid of encryption.

The procedure don't work
when you say delete userdata, it's TWRP> wipe-> format data> "yes" ?
11th June 2019, 01:13 PM |#32  
Thanostsak's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkroniid

The procedure don't work
when you say delete userdata, it's TWRP> wipe-> format data> "yes" ?

Yes that's it. Still doesn't work?
The Following User Says Thank You to Thanostsak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thanostsak Ad-Free
11th June 2019, 02:11 PM |#33  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanostsak

Yes that's it. Still doesn't work?

Nop, the problem is still here

EDIT: I reiterated the installation, and it works!
Now i create a full backup and i try to install the "zip" of magisk.
11th June 2019, 04:12 PM |#34  
Thanostsak's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkroniid

Nop, the problem is still here

EDIT: I reiterated the installation, and it works!
Now i create a full backup and i try to install the "zip" of magisk.

Great! Just have in mind that some huawei users reported having issues with magisk 19+ ,if you get any problems, flash the boot.img again and try magisk 18.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thanostsak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thanostsak Ad-Free
11th June 2019, 04:24 PM |#35  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Update:

I install magisk, on startup, the encryption message definitely deseaper. But, when a use magiskHide (I play pokemon go), the device reboot immedialty.
After this, magisk manager invites me to download the .zip because magisk is not installed, I check the root status with root checker and i'm able to give authorization.

So, I tried to uninstall magisk with TWRP and magisk-uninstaller but this is impossible because the terminal tell me magisk is not installed.

I have root access but no app to manage this
I investigate on Application list and, I noticed that there were two applications "magisk manager" called respectively "magisk manager" and "magisk".

I uninstall the first and reboot, nothing changes, when I try to uninstall the other, the device reboot.

Currently, I returned to my backup while waiting for a solution.


Edit: oh! okay i change the version for magisk 18
Thanks
13th June 2019, 12:28 AM |#36  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkroniid

Update:

I install magisk, on startup, the encryption message definitely deseaper. But, when a use magiskHide (I play pokemon go), the device reboot immedialty.
After this, magisk manager invites me to download the .zip because magisk is not installed, I check the root status with root checker and i'm able to give authorization.

So, I tried to uninstall magisk with TWRP and magisk-uninstaller but this is impossible because the terminal tell me magisk is not installed.

I have root access but no app to manage this
I investigate on Application list and, I noticed that there were two applications "magisk manager" called respectively "magisk manager" and "magisk".

I uninstall the first and reboot, nothing changes, when I try to uninstall the other, the device reboot.

Currently, I returned to my backup while waiting for a solution.


Edit: oh! okay i change the version for magisk 18
Thanks

And if, when facing issues again, try the core at
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.cofface.ivader
Nevermind, forgot it's not working in emui 9
Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs
11th August 2019, 10:46 PM |#37  
Junior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Reenable Encryption/Verity
I've run this solution some months. Now I want to make my device a little safer.
Would it work to just flash the stock boot image that still has dm-verity and force encryption active?
As far as I understand the kernel then finds an unencrypted system and should just convert it?

Even if, is TWRP 3.2.1 / 3.1.1 able to decrypt so one could still use Nandroid?
Well, even if not, I don't care - we wouldn't change our T3-10 Custom-ROMS on a weekly basis anyway, do we? Working Titanium would be sufficient for me.
What about verity, would the stock boot accept the now freshly encrypted system as valid?

EDIT: Have checked out the FBE https://source.android.com/security/...ion/file-based
On our devices only /data gets encrypted? Why not /sdcard?
As FDE (dm-crypt) is precursor of 7.0's FBE I wonder if might be possible to reactivate FDE? Other ideas to secure the device?
20th April 2020, 12:57 PM |#38  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Do we need to flash boot.img everytime before booting
29th June 2020, 04:59 PM |#39  
Thanostsak's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay425003

Do we need to flash boot.img everytime before booting

Sorry for the late response. This guide is not needed anymore. Simply format Data partition and flash the latest universal DFE.zip provided by osmosis.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dm-verity, encryption, huawei, magisk_merge.img mount failed, mediapad

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes