What is rooting?
Rooting for Android device means access to the root directory of your android mobile system. It will give you the superuser access as an administrator to use your device over an Android subsystem and system apps. It’s quite similar to the jailbreaking. Without rooting your Android handset, you can’t change/edit/delete system files or apps easily. Most of the advanced users or developers perform rooting access for customizations and modifications. This isn’t necessary if you’re a normal user.
Steps To Root Oukitel K13 Pro via Magisk
First of all, you should unlock bootloader on Oukitel K13 Pro
Unlocking the device bootloader and installing root will void your device warranty (if applicable). This rooting method is only tested on the EU version of the manufacturers firmware, i can't guarantee it works on the other firmware versions. The bootloader unlocking process will also delete all the device internal data as well. So, make sure to take a complete backup of device data at first before doing anything. I will not be responsible for any kind of bootloops or crashes or any damage to your device while/after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Oukitel K13 Pro by going to Settings>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. Download link: shorturl.at/pyJ16
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot .
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide.
4. Click Yes to install Drivers.
5. Continue the Driver installation.
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process
- Take a backup of the necessary data on the Oukitel K13 Pro as this process will wipe the user data.
- Connect your Oukitel K13 Pro to the computer.
- Now open a command window by typing CMD to the windows search.
- You may get a request to authorize USB debugging on the device, accept it.
Once opened, type the following code to see if your device is detected and authorized.
- If you can see your device then type this command to boot it into the bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone should now be booted into the bootloader, to check if its detected type the following command.
- As a result, this will show the serial number of the phone, you are ok to proceed if you can see it, if not, then your drivers are not properly installed on the pc.
- Finally, type the command below to unlock the bootloader on the Oukitel K13 Pro.
fastboot flashing unlock
- Now you should see a confirmation screen on your phone, confirm the unlocking on your phone. This will begin the bootloader unlocking process, which shouldn't last more than a couple of minutes.
- Your phone should automatically reboot into android but if not, type this command to reboot it.
- Your phone's bootloader is now unlocked and ready to be patched with Magisk.
- Go thru the initial setup and double check in developer settings that the unlock bootloader option is greyed out.
- Enable USB debugging again.
- Open command window again.
- Check that your device is detected by using the command.
- Reboot into the bootloader by using the command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Download the Magisk patched boot img: shorturl.at/pCIMP
- Patch the boot.img by typing the command.
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- You can also type the command without the file name and drag the .img file to the command window then press enter.
- The flashing process will begin. Once completed, type the following command and press enter:
- Magisk is now patched to your Oukitel K13 Pro, download Magisk Manager on your phone from shorturl.at/hvFK9
- You should now see that Magisk is installed, enjoy!