WireGuard is just the protocol and software. But to use it, you need to send your traffic through a server. There are a few commercial providers -- AzireVPN and Mullvad -- or you can setup your own server. But this guide will focus on AzireVPN, because as of writing, it's free.
==== For your Android Phone ====
0. Make sure you're running a ROM or kernel that supports WireGuard.
1. Install the WireGuard app: https://play.google.com/apps/testing...eguard.android
2. Sign up for AzireVPN: https://manager.azirevpn.com/en/auth/register
3. Generate and download a configuration file from: https://www.azirevpn.com/cfg/wg
4. Import it into the WireGuard app using "Add from file"
==== For your Ubuntu Computer ====
1. Install WireGuard:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wireguard/wireguard $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install wireguard-dkms wireguard-tools linux-headers-$(uname -r)
3. Run the Azire script:
$ curl -LO https://www.azirevpn.com/dl/azirevpn-wg.sh $ chmod +x ./azirevpn-wg.sh $ ./azirevpn-wg.sh
$ wg-quick up azirevpn-se1
That should be it!
Direct any questions to the WireGuard IRC channel -- #wireguard on Freenode.