By TheVPNGuy, Junior Member on 22nd December 2017, 02:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th December 2017, 04:22 PM |#11  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx2c4

No. Send logs from `adb logcat` or the Matlog app instead, so we can help solve this issue.

Same error bringing up tunnel.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2017-12-26-21-51-55.txt - [Click for QR Code] (4.3 KB, 346 views)
26th December 2017, 06:39 PM |#12  
Flag Anand
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anwarsheriff

despite that error, yu can still connect to VPN by disabling internet, then connect.. it will connect.. then just switch internet on.
26th December 2017, 07:39 PM |#13  
Recognized Developer
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 828

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixan43

here

Thanks for the extremely useful log file. The issue is that your external interface has too small of an MTU, so v6 fails. I've fixed wg-quick so silently work around this error here -- https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-andr...f594e8e690170d -- and I uploaded a new version to the play store. After you update, let me know if the error goes away for you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zx2c4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th December 2017, 07:40 PM |#14  
Recognized Developer
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

beacon kernel developer here suggested me to turn off internet and connect wireguard config and then turn on internet.. and it just connected with internet off.. so is it supposed to work like that?
-- so when I connect it with internet already on, it gives that error..
-- when internet off, it connects and remains connected there after..

I wish such "kernel developer"s would try debugging the issue with me first -- to get at whatever the core problem is -- before doling out dubious incantations like that. Alas.
The Following User Says Thank You to zx2c4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th December 2017, 07:45 PM |#15  
Recognized Developer
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

despite that error, yu can still connect to VPN by disabling internet, then connect.. it will connect.. then just switch internet on.

He's facing a different issue. Please stop spreading this advice, even if it works. It's a terrible way of "fixing" things and will just ensure people's issues never get fixed the proper way.
26th December 2017, 07:47 PM |#16  
Recognized Developer
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anwarsheriff

You're actually encountering a different error. Specifically, for you, it's -- "12-26 21:49:02.224 V/WireGuard/RootShell(972): stderr: RTNETLINK answers: Out of memory", in response to `ip link add wg0 type wireguard`. That's super unexpected and weird. Could you tell me what kernel you're running on your phone (link to xda thread and github too), what phone you have, and whatever other useful information you can come up with? Does your phone, in fact, have a super limited amount of ram? I'll likely need to bring out the heavy machinery here.
26th December 2017, 08:32 PM |#17  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:

You're actually encountering a different error. Specifically, for you, it's -- "12-26 21:49:02.224 V/WireGuard/RootShell(972): stderr: RTNETLINK answers: Out of memory", in response to `ip link add wg0 type wireguard`. That's super unexpected and weird. Could you tell me what kernel you're running on your phone (link to xda thread and github too), what phone you have, and whatever other useful information you can come up with? Does your phone, in fact, have a super limited amount of ram? I'll likely need to bring out the heavy machinery here.

Phone being used: Redmi Note 3 with 3gb ram and 32gb storage.

ROM & Android version: Nitrogen OS 8.1
Link to ROM thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...-2017-t3536211

Kernel used: Agni AGNi pureLOS-N/O v11.8
Link to thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...-v1-7-t3472640

Hope that helps

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Quote:

Well to keep you updated. I cleaned the ROM and tried another wireguard implemented kernel. No issues anymore. It gets connected.

Working kernel Link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...kenzo-t3689866

Was it the kernel or the wireguard app update that fixed the issue?
27th December 2017, 06:56 AM |#18  
Flag Anand
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:

Thanks for the extremely useful log file. The issue is that your external interface has too small of an MTU, so v6 fails. I've fixed wg-quick so silently work around this error here -- https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-andr...f594e8e690170d -- and I uploaded a new version to the play store. After you update, let me know if the error goes away for you.

yea the error is gone.. it's fixed with the update.. thnx.
27th December 2017, 04:12 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Which ones to use for fastest internet and best battery life?
I am from India
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171227-214902.jpg
Views:	1556
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	4371676  
31st December 2017, 03:28 PM |#20  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Hi,

Just wondering about the Wireguard Android app. I have blu_spark, latest which supports Wireguard and the Android app. I aslo have the name and public key for the Mullvad Wireguard server. My question is on the Android app:

Under Interface,
Name: <<should be my Wireguard provider? E.g., Mullvad?>>
Address: <<should be blank? My behind-NAT-address such as 192.168.1.41? Router IP address such as 64.121.124.59? Or something like 0.0.0.0?>>

Under Peer,
Allowed IPs: <<should be same as Interface Address? Something else?>>
Endpoint: <<should be the ip address/name of Mullvad WG server?>>

Thanks.
31st December 2017, 04:38 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poincare

Hi,

Just wondering about the Wireguard Android app. I have blu_spark, latest which supports Wireguard and the Android app. I aslo have the name and public key for the Mullvad Wireguard server. My question is on the Android app:

Under Interface,
Name: <<should be my Wireguard provider? E.g., Mullvad?>>
Address: <<should be blank? My behind-NAT-address such as 192.168.1.41? Router IP address such as 64.121.124.59? Or something like 0.0.0.0?>>

Under Peer,
Allowed IPs: <<should be same as Interface Address? Something else?>>
Endpoint: <<should be the ip address/name of Mullvad WG server?>>

Thanks.

I think Mullvad is paid service you got only the name of server and public key no the private..you have to purchase.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)