FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] [BOOTLOADER, TWRP] Lenovo K5 PRO L38041

194 posts
Thanks Meter: 30
 
Post Reply Email Thread
This guide will help us to unlock bootloader and install TWRP on Lenovo K5 PRO

Parts of the guide:
1. Unlocking Bootloader
2. Installing TWRP


Downloads are below on my Gdrive because xda gave me error.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
¡WARNING! THIS METHOD REQUIRES ORIGINAL BOOT AND RAMDISK SO YOU NEED TO BE 100% STOCK IF YOUR PHONE HAVE ANY MOD LIKE XPOSED OR MAGISK, PLEASE RESTURN TO STOCK FIRST (FIRMWARE IS ON FIRMWAREX.NET and is a QFIL flat build.
OBIOUSLY YOU WILL LOOSE YOU NON EXISTENT CHINESSE WARRANTY.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


*Lenovo K5 PRO


1. UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING THIS WILL DO A FACTORY RESET/WIPE, SO BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE START
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Go to zui.com/iunlock
In the lenovo tab fill the fields in this order:
  • You get IMEI1 by calling *#06# (you will get MEID, IMEI1 and IMEI2)
  • You get Serial Number by rebooting into bootloader (power off device, power on holding vol -)
  • Enter your email address
  • Enter verification code

After this procedure, check your email and download the attachment.
Quote:

*ZUI unlock website




2. Install and use LR Box tool to unlock:
*Run after install
  1. Enable USB debugging on your phone.
  2. Connect via USB to pc.
  3. Select ZUK Phone (yes, ZUK).
  4. Accept terms and continue.
  5. Skip file generation with red button.
  6. Drag the email attachment (sn.img) and flash it:


After the reboot you should have you device unlocked.

2. INSTALLING TWRP
  1. Extract "TWRP-3.2.3-0225-LENOVO_K5PRO-CN-wzsx150-fastboot.7z".
  2. Run "recovery-twrp一键刷入工具.cmd".
  3. In the first screen press Intro key.
  4. In the second screen press number 2 key and then Intro.
  5. Reboot your phone into bootloader (power off device, power on holding vol -).
  6. Plug your phone via USB and press Intro key on program.
There you go.


Downloads:
  1. LR Flash Tool
  2. TWRP Recovery for L38041

Thanks to Lenovo ROM Team, specially wzsx150 for the TWRP image.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KiiKeEp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KiiKeEp Ad-Free
 
 
8th April 2019, 05:22 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiKeEp

This guide will help us to unlock bootloader and install TWRP on Lenovo K5 PRO

Parts of the guide:
1. Unlocking Bootloader
2. Installing TWRP


Downloads are below on my Gdrive because xda gave me error.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
¡WARNING! THIS METHOD REQUIRES ORIGINAL BOOT AND RAMDISK SO YOU NEED TO BE 100% STOCK IF YOUR PHONE HAVE ANY MOD LIKE XPOSED OR MAGISK, PLEASE RESTURN TO STOCK FIRST (FIRMWARE IS ON FIRMWAREX.NET and is a QFIL flat build.
OBIOUSLY YOU WILL LOOSE YOU NON EXISTENT CHINESSE WARRANTY.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


*Lenovo K5 PRO


1. UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING THIS WILL DO A FACTORY RESET/WIPE, SO BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE START
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Go to zui.com/iunlock
In the lenovo tab fill the fields in this order:
  • You get IMEI1 by calling *#06# (you will get MEID, IMEI1 and IMEI2)
  • You get Serial Number by rebooting into bootloader (power off device, power on holding vol -)
  • Enter your email address
  • Enter verification code

After this procedure, check your email and download the attachment.
*ZUI unlock website




2. Install and use LR Box tool to unlock:
*Run after install
  1. Enable USB debugging on your phone.
  2. Connect via USB to pc.
  3. Select ZUK Phone (yes, ZUK).
  4. Accept terms and continue.
  5. Skip file generation with red button.
  6. Drag the email attachment (sn.img) and flash it:


After the reboot you should have you device unlocked.

2. INSTALLING TWRP
  1. Extract "TWRP-3.2.3-0225-LENOVO_K5PRO-CN-wzsx150-fastboot.7z".
  2. Run "recovery-twrp一键刷入工具.cmd".
  3. In the first screen press Intro key.
  4. In the second screen press number 2 key and then Intro.
  5. Reboot your phone into bootloader (power off device, power on holding vol -).
  6. Plug your phone via USB and press Intro key on program.
There you go.


Downloads:
  1. LR Flash Tool
  2. TWRP Recovery for L38041

Thanks to Lenovo ROM Team, specially wzsx150 for the TWRP image.

Greettings!

I saw the page of the author of the steps of the unlocking method of the Lenovo k5 pro, and there's some differences. Maybe is for the differences in ROM?. By the way, could it safe to install chinnese version of the ROM if I unlock the bootloader?, There are a lot of updates in the chinnese ROM. Unfortunately there aren't any reviews of the ROM in youtube or forums, i think only three of us talk about this in this site, 4pda forum members are more focused in a discussion about sellesr of the phone and not in the phone itself, some other have lied trying to destroy the reputation of the phone. I like the phone, and it's very reliable, i haven't have any issues with it. I would like to test zui 5.0.188 st. Do you try it? or Do you know where to find info about this zui version? Have a nice day. I'm from Mexico too. I ordered my Lenovo phone from Sunsky, Have the model without the M in the back. And the ROM it said is global ROM. zui 5.0.66 st.
8th April 2019, 05:56 PM |#3  
KiiKeEp's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio2019

Greettings!

I saw the page of the author of the steps of the unlocking method of the Lenovo k5 pro, and there's some differences. Maybe is for the differences in ROM?. By the way, could it safe to install chinnese version of the ROM if I unlock the bootloader?, There are a lot of updates in the chinnese ROM. Unfortunately there aren't any reviews of the ROM in youtube or forums, i think only three of us talk about this in this site, 4pda forum members are more focused in a discussion about sellesr of the phone and not in the phone itself, some other have lied trying to destroy the reputation of the phone. I like the phone, and it's very reliable, i haven't have any issues with it. I would like to test zui 5.0.188 st. Do you try it? or Do you know where to find info about this zui version? Have a nice day. I'm from Mexico too. I ordered my Lenovo phone from Sunsky, Have the model without the M in the back. And the ROM it said is global ROM. zui 5.0.66 st.

Hello paisano, exactly wich differences you saw in the guide?

I unlocked my phone on 5.0.117 ST, that's the "latest" ST version because I tested .118 ST and is the chinesse ROM (ENGLISH/CHINESSE LANGUAGES ONLY) but it comes with a lot of features and a better UI for the launcher and bug fixes, you can remove easily the bloatware. But I don't reccommend you unlocking bootloader on a chinesse or any other bloated ROM. Maybe thats the reason you say you saw differences in guide, because chinesse guys have to install speciffic version of their CN rom.

My reccommendation is to wait until a ROM is released, if you want to test, you can install .118 ST you can use magisk image to root, and if you don't like it you can downgrade to .117ST again, you only need the QFIL firmwares.
The Following User Says Thank You to KiiKeEp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KiiKeEp Ad-Free
8th April 2019, 09:26 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
[GUIDE] [BOOTLOADER, TWRP] Lenovo K5 PRO L38041
Sure, it's probably because of their CN specific ROM, then I would try the other one. Although i was hopping to install the CN. I want to get rid of the google apps, and installed again but only with the gmail, google maps, and playstore, that way only those google apps would be running in the system. And Chinnese ROM, like you said, is more easy to delete chinnese bloatware. Then proceed to install those google app that i have mentioned befored. I haven't installed the CN ROM because the seller told me that it could be some modem and imei compatibility issues. Then, should i move to 117/118 st? Or wait and stay in the .066 st? What improvements does the zui 5.0.117(.118) have that zui 5.0.066 st doesn't have? please. Because, unlike other phones, our models have less/nothing info about the OS (zui) features and improvements. I don't know how the .117 was build, because the global rom supposedly supports OTA but it said no updates. And Chinnese ROM users have got stable updates, they are now in the .188 st. And probably they could got a Pie upgrade zui (android 9).

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I almost forgot brother, i'm going to read carefully your guide, and do it. But i was thinking if you agree that i make a video following the guide, for reference to others, about unlock, root and unroot, and TWRP installation. Maybe you, the user who share us the root method, and I would be the west pioneers of the phone, because, really, only the three us have focused in discussing about this matter, like a said before 4pda only are discussing about sellers of the phone, and other spamming with the intention to lower the popularity of the phone. Thank you very much for this guide you prepare. I'm being cautious because i'm really a newbie in this matter about lenovo phones. Other phones are more easy to play with it and improve it. This phone is very strong in its performance and durability, so learn how to use it at its maximum it would be great!.
11th April 2019, 08:04 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Good afternoon.
I apologize in advance: I do not know English, so I use machine translation.
What phone model did You unlock? I have a model with 4/64 memory and Motorola logo on the back cover. 4pda from words to action: trying to follow Your guide. My problem is that zui.com doesn't give me an unlock code: it doesn't understand my IMEI. Errors in the IMEI no - it is on the box, and the code *#06# it matches the box. S/n - 6 characters.
And what to do with it - I don't know.

Screenshot attach the not give: little posts. Substitute at the beginning of http:
//4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=925665&view=findpost&p=8426448 9

UPD: Just found out the serial number is in the settings. However, it is completely different from what Bootloader produces. Are they different?
11th April 2019, 02:12 PM |#6  
KiiKeEp's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyazanskyKlop

Good afternoon.
I apologize in advance: I do not know English, so I use machine translation.
What phone model did You unlock? I have a model with 4/64 memory and Motorola logo on the back cover. 4pda from words to action: trying to follow Your guide. My problem is that zui.com doesn't give me an unlock code: it doesn't understand my IMEI. Errors in the IMEI no - it is on the box, and the code *#06# it matches the box. S/n - 6 characters.
And what to do with it - I don't know.

Screenshot attach the not give: little posts. Substitute at the beginning of http:
//4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=925665&view=findpost&p=8426448 9

UPD: Just found out the serial number is in the settings. However, it is completely different from what Bootloader produces. Are they different?

That strange, let's see..
*I got same model 4/64, global ROM version on AliExpress Lenovo oficial store.
*IMEI1 is 15 character long
*Use bootloader s/n
*Make sure you select Lenovo on zui.com
11th April 2019, 02:41 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiKeEp

That strange, let's see..
*I got same model 4/64, global ROM version on AliExpress Lenovo oficial store.
*IMEI1 is 15 character long
*Use bootloader s/n
*Make sure you select Lenovo on zui.com

That's right. But for some reason I have it does not pass... I'll think...
Is there a Motorola logo on the back cover? I don't believe it has any effect, but still...
11th April 2019, 02:51 PM |#8  
KiiKeEp's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyazanskyKlop

That's right. But for some reason I have it does not pass... I'll think...
Is there a Motorola logo on the back cover? I don't believe it has any effect, but still...

Global ROM version comes with both Motorola and Lenovo logos, mine is the same, the first time gave me the same imei error because I selected ZUK on zuk.com, then I realized that you have to choose Lenovo and that solve it, maybe you can try with zuk, but may be give you error too
11th April 2019, 03:27 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiKeEp

Global ROM version comes with both Motorola and Lenovo logos, mine is the same, the first time gave me the same imei error because I selected ZUK on zuk.com, then I realized that you have to choose Lenovo and that solve it, maybe you can try with zuk, but may be give you error too

Tried and ZUK, and Lenovo - everywhere mistake. Understand nothing...
Ask people 4pda go to zui.com to get the code. Then we'll think about why I can't.
Thank you!
11th April 2019, 03:35 PM |#10  
KiiKeEp's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyazanskyKlop

Tried and ZUK, and Lenovo - everywhere mistake. Understand nothing...
Ask people 4pda go to zui.com to get the code. Then we'll think about why I can't.
Thank you!

If you wish send me private your IMEI and sn and I'll try.
The Following User Says Thank You to KiiKeEp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KiiKeEp Ad-Free
11th April 2019, 05:59 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyazanskyKlop

Tried and ZUK, and Lenovo - everywhere mistake. Understand nothing...
Ask people 4pda go to zui.com to get the code. Then we'll think about why I can't.
Thank you!

Hello:

The IMEI that you need is the one that has 15 digits. Also you need your s/n, and you need a valid email (it can be gmail, outlook, etc...). You need to enter the captcha numbers that appears below (it has time limit, so if it throws you an error message, refresh it).

Also, important to mention. It's better not to have modified the phone, i'm talking about modifications that could alter the IMEI. Until know that only modification could be installing the CN ROM instead of the ROW ROM. And its a probability, it's an advice that the seller gave me.

So you are a 4pda forum member, I too. So could you gave them this recommendation for me please. I bought the phone from SUNSKY, the 4/64 GB version. It only took 1 labor week to be in my house. I'm from Mexico, so the distance were big, but this seller ships fast. I choose the dhl express option, by recommendation of the seller.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes