19th April 2019, 04:42 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio2019

Hello KiiKerp

I have installed QPST tools, by the way, where do you downloaded the 118 st? I haven't find it yet, only appears 117 st in all my searchs in google. By the way. Could i backup nandroid and modem in QPST tools without root? Or i need to root my phone while being in my current firmware (5.0.066 st). I am asking, because i have read in 4pda forums that some guys lost their IMEI1 in the process of installing TWRP. So I am thinking if i could backup my image or at least the nandroid and modem (all the QCN) before doing any modifications.
Are you sure is 118 s? I think maybe is 188 st. By the way, i have see in cn forums that there is a new stable room. Do you have install 117st and 118 st without any issues like lost your IMEI, bluethoot fails , etc...? Thanks in advanced.

Flashing TWRP only affects to recovery partition, losing imei by flashing recovery doesn't sounds logic, maybe you can try do the backup after flashing TWRP (do partitions backup on twrp).

.188ST is the latest chinesse firmware
.117ST is the latest global firmware

*I have installed chinesse .188ST on a global phone, no problem.
*I have installed .117ST again, no problem.
*I have flashed treble (GSI) roms but can't boot them, so after that I flashed .117 again on QFIL to restore and no problem. Then I flashed again TWRP because I like to have recovery.

My IMEI is intact after several flashes and experiments.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KiiKeEp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KiiKeEp Ad-Free
19th April 2019, 11:31 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiKeEp

Flashing TWRP only affects to recovery partition, losing imei by flashing recovery doesn't sounds logic, maybe you can try do the backup after flashing TWRP (do partitions backup on twrp).

*I have flashed treble (GSI) roms but can't boot them, so after that I flashed .117 again on QFIL to restore and no problem. Then I flashed again TWRP because I like to have recovery.

Hello again mr. KiiKeEp!

Hope you are having a good day. Yes, I agree with you. Then something they did wrong. I'm going to follow carefully what we have discussed here. If there is any question be sure i'm going to ask. But i don't know what they did wrong. Maybe they jumped some steps. But, anyway, then, i'm going to install TWRP like we talked ago, doing a back up in TWRP seems to be more user friendly than using QPST app. Also, what drivers did you install in the computer, the one called Qualcomm or the one called Lenovo L38041?.
20th April 2019, 07:09 AM |#23  

More
Quote:

KiikeEp
Sorry for the inconveniences, but i can not unlock bootloader, i'm trying to do it in my current stock, everything goes well, until i click the red button after dragging my sn.image to the lrflashtool, there my phone reboot but enter in a display that show me this menu: Start, Bootloader, Recovery and Power off.
What to do there? Thanks in advanced
20th April 2019, 11:35 AM |#24  

More
I confirm that this process to unlock bootlader could be use without the need to upgrade to .117 st firmware. Unlock bootloader in my stock room zui 5.0.066 st. I'm going to proceed to install TWRP. Also no IMEI, nor Bluethooth or Modem issues here either. Also, KiiKeEp, sorry for bother you some minutes ago, my sn.img was an incorrect one, because i wrote the s/n that is in the box or in the about phone item menu. For readers, the correct s/n to use in zui.com to get the unlock image is the one that appears in diag mode menu (which you enter pressing the vol - key while powering the phone). Also to put the phone in download mode you only need to press the two volume keys at the same time without the need to power on the phone (remember to do this when you are connecting the phone to the PC for QFST work). Thanks kiikeEp

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

I almost forgot, Remember pals that when you finish working with the phone (after installing TWRP, Root/Unrooting device) lock the bootloader again. In the same page and in the lenovo chinnese forums are the steps for doing so. That way, your phone doesn't get exposed to malware or to accidents when you are installing new ROMS. Do not worry, i promise to work with KiiKeEp and our friend who teached us how root the device in order to create a forum for this phone with detailed guides for these upgrades in the K5 pro phone, that in my opinion is a great phone.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

TWRP installation successfull, next i'm going to do Original global ROW stock ROM, in my case it would be ROW zui 5.0.066 st, and share it. Also i'm going to do my total efs backup. TWRP could be installed in the initial stock ROM (In my case zui 5.0.066 st)

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Full backup time 1 miunte 45 seconds. That was fast!

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Everything has been created.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Proceding to upgrade the phone to the lastes CN ROM, zui 5.0.118 st, after that i'm going attempt to root the device.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Passing my twrp backups folder to pc for backup. Done!

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Ok, i the stock rom zui 5.0.066, it wouldn't be an easy task, i need to learn to do that flash firmware but with compatible phones, so the users doesn't going to lose their imeis, modem, efs and bluetooth configuration.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Anyway, i'm proceding to install Zui 5.0.188 st CN firmware.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

zui 5.0.118 installed successfully!, all process 8 minutes, very fast!

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

this zui is fast! and has a little camera improvement

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

everything is ok, but has some apps and menu items with Chinese characters, it's tolerable, if you value performance, (but its little), first thing first, root to uninstall CN bloatware and install playstore.
20th April 2019, 01:51 PM |#25  

More
Device rooted without any problem. Starting to delete bloatware.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

KiiKeEp what software do you recommend to delete all the bloatware?
20th April 2019, 03:43 PM |#26  

More
Bloatware successfully removed!. average free memory 2.7 Gb Ram on a 4/64 model. Phone performance is really fast!. Gapps installed Youtube, Playstore, gmaps, and Services, no other google stuff, and only starts when i run it. Services background process at most 1 service. 1 process.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

This zui version has many performance features, it has a game mode configuration on the zui lab menu.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

No IMEI, bluetooth, modem neither roaming issues on Chinese ROM. It is safe to upgrade.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Everything it's working very well, as i have expected.
20th April 2019, 03:49 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mexico City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio2019

Bloatware successfully removed!. average free memory 2.7 Gb Ram on a 4/64 model. Phone performance is really fast!. Gapps installed Youtube, Playstore, gmaps, and Services, no other google stuff, and only starts when i run it. Services background process at most 1 service. 1 process.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

This zui version has many performance features, it has a game mode configuration on the zui lab menu.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

No IMEI, bluetooth, modem neither roaming issues on Chinese ROM. It is safe to upgrade.

Nice, I returned to .117 because in app purchases doesn't work on .188 (how do you installed playstore?, I installed on the store that came in the launcher) maybe flashing opengapps.
I don't recommend you to close bootloader, only if you are going to be 100% stock, if in a future you want to flash something via TWRP you may have problems.
For a flashable .zip you only need system and boot.
Keep in a secure place that 0.066 folder because there is no QFIL firmware, only .117 and it is very buggy
For debloating I use systemappremover or sdmaid, there are a ton of bloat apps on /system/preinstall/, so you can delete that folder and get rid of the mayor part of the bloatware.
The Following User Says Thank You to KiiKeEp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KiiKeEp Ad-Free
20th April 2019, 04:21 PM |#28  

More
Good morning KiiKeEp!
I installed the playstore from the app purchases. I only wrote the word google in the app purchases search bar and playstore appears. Google Services i installed after youtube, because when i run the app it ask me to install Google Services.

I deleted bloatware using es explorer, deleting apk and its folders.
20th April 2019, 05:17 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mexico City

More
Hello, if you want to go to the next step, you can try installing some custom roms.
iRight now I'm trying AOSP Extended.

How to:
1. https://github.com/phhusson/treble_e...age-(GSI)-list
2. Download ROM A Only version
3. Factory reset phone, at reboot enter bootloader
4. fastboot erase system
5. fastboot flash system system.img
6. fastboot -w
7. fastboot reboot

flash gapps magisk etc via twrp (please re unlock you BL)

--------EDIT-------

After GSI rom flash, TWRP gives data decryption error, so I can't flash gapps and magisk for now.
-----EDIT2-----
Installed via sideload on TWRP, there's an advanced option too to disable encryption, now I got GAPPS and Magisk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KiiKeEp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KiiKeEp Ad-Free
23rd April 2019, 06:11 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

Hello, if you want to go to the next step, you can try installing some custom roms.
iRight now I'm trying AOSP Extended.

How to:
1. https://github.com/phhusson/treble_e...age-(GSI)-list
2. Download ROM A Only version
3. Factory reset phone, at reboot enter bootloader
4. fastboot erase system
5. fastboot flash system system.img
6. fastboot -w
7. fastboot reboot

flash gapps magisk etc via twrp (please re unlock you BL)

--------EDIT-------

After GSI rom flash, TWRP gives data decryption error, so I can't flash gapps and magisk for now.
-----EDIT2-----
Installed via sideload on TWRP, there's an advanced option too to disable encryption, now I got GAPPS and Magisk

Thank you very very much for these suggestions! I'm thinkin' to buy this phone, but first i need to be sure that some Treble GSI's are fully working, at least about RIL, camera, WiFi, hotspot, Bluetooth, sensors and other basic functions...
So, since AOSP Extended is my favourite rom, how is working on your K5 Pro? Thanks
23rd April 2019, 07:53 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mexico City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn87

Thank you very very much for these suggestions! I'm thinkin' to buy this phone, but first i need to be sure that some Treble GSI's are fully working, at least about RIL, camera, WiFi, hotspot, Bluetooth, sensors and other basic functions...
So, since AOSP Extended is my favourite rom, how is working on your K5 Pro? Thanks

Unfortunately nope.
The rom works very well in every aspect but the headphone jack doesn't work, not very good camera quality, no dual camera, and front facing camera UI is glitched. The other stuff works.

I posted a comment in AEX xda post but I don't know if this bugs are going to be fixed because the phone is not very popular here.

Stock rom is very good for my opinion
The Following User Says Thank You to KiiKeEp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KiiKeEp Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lenovo-k5-pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)