FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide][TWRP] Lets make Blackphone 2 great again

204 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By chape199, Senior Member on 16th January 2018, 11:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
IM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE.

Hello there. I own bp2 since last year. So in order to avoid lags and poor battery performance im gonna write this guide.
So thanks to this i achieved a new phone, without battery drain, a very good battery and cpu temp, and almost root access.

These modifications are made on 3.0.14 ROM, I dont know if this works if your blackphone runs another version.
You can install 3.0.14 here

1. First of all you need to flash TWRP. Download and instructions here
2. Once flashed do not reboot system, type
HTML Code:
fastboot reboot
and press vol+ to enter twrp.

3. Now it will asks you to allow modifications, NEVER do that, always press "Keep Read Only" because you will get bootloop if you mount system as rw.
More info about that here

4. Now flash magisk, then reboot and install magisk apk. Download from here
NOTE: I dont know why but you need a microsd card in order to flash files, because twrp cant mount /data
NOTE 2: At this point you dont have su BUT you can install magisk modules (yes, xposed too).

Now lets give BP2 Pixel's style.

5. Download this script to remove all Google stuff, yes, just do it. I recommend the EXTREME one.

6. Flash it trough recovery and wipe chache/dalvik. do not reboot yet.

7. Now lets flash Gapps again, updated and modular. Just go to this page and select your desired package. I recommend AROMA not only because you install what you need, but you can remove stock apps (calculator, fmradio, stock email, etc). http://opengapps.org/

8. Now, yes, you can boot system.

9. I also made this script to remove all SilentCircle stuff. Just flash it.
NOTE 3: I wrote this script before removing gapps and that things i explained, so let me know wichs apps still get installed and i will add to the script. Also let me know what apps you want to remove.

Screenshots:

Updating...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chape199 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chape199 Ad-Free

25th January 2018, 09:54 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Nice work.

Does this stop the phone checking update servers?
30th January 2018, 12:04 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loaded2107

Nice work.

Does this stop the phone checking update servers?

Yeah It removes all blackphone apps, but you can modify the script
13th May 2018, 07:03 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
great work although I have encountered a problem in the pixel laucher that gives me error
12th June 2018, 05:35 AM |#5  

More
script not ok
hello. when i flash your script my phone goes on bootloop
i flash it trought TWRP cause my phone cant see any microsd card
i thing the sd slot of my phone have problem
but my phone goes bootloop after flash BP2_Bloatware
can you sent me any sugestion? Thanks a lot
21st June 2018, 08:52 AM |#6  

More
But how is the phone?
About to spring for a BP2 but ... just out of curiosity:

The reason to own this phone is for the sandboxing and some of the applications that monitor and block application permissions. If you're removing those just to have a fast android phone ... not sure why you bought this one. The camera isn't even any good.

I just want to run basically unmodified. 2 years and many updates have passed since @polartux talked about battery draining Apps and just curious how the latest OS is? Also if I want to install applications I have developed myself (or get a couple off of the google app store) can I assume that's possible? Preciously LITTLE information about those things online. And I have emailed sales multiple times never got a single response. Kind of scary lol.

So :
-can I do ADK dev on this thing?
-has the stock OS gotten better?
-Can I install pandora (or whatever)?

Cheers!
15th August 2018, 12:23 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosinf

great work although I have encountered a problem in the pixel laucher that gives me error

Hi, I actually move to another phone, I had Lawnchair installed on bp2

Enviado desde mi PRO 5 mediante Tapatalk
15th August 2018, 12:25 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notelinos

hello. when i flash your script my phone goes on bootloop
i flash it trought TWRP cause my phone cant see any microsd card
i thing the sd slot of my phone have problem
but my phone goes bootloop after flash BP2_Bloatware
can you sent me any sugestion? Thanks a lot

Hello, that's a big problem. You must flash files from SD card instead of internal, if you flash from internal storage youll get boot loop and I don't know how to solve that

15th August 2018, 12:27 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by storkinsj

About to spring for a BP2 but ... just out of curiosity:

The reason to own this phone is for the sandboxing and some of the applications that monitor and block application permissions. If you're removing those just to have a fast android phone ... not sure why you bought this one. The camera isn't even any good.

I just want to run basically unmodified. 2 years and many updates have passed since @polartux talked about battery draining Apps and just curious how the latest OS is? Also if I want to install applications I have developed myself (or get a couple off of the google app store) can I assume that's possible? Preciously LITTLE information about those things online. And I have emailed sales multiple times never got a single response. Kind of scary lol.

So :
-can I do ADK dev on this thing?
-has the stock OS gotten better?
-Can I install pandora (or whatever)?

Cheers!

Sorry mate but I don't know, I'm not a dev. I only posted this to help.

30th October 2018, 07:36 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chape199

IM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE.

Hello there. I own bp2 since last year. So in order to avoid lags and poor battery performance im gonna write this guide.
So thanks to this i achieved a new phone, without battery drain, a very good battery and cpu temp, and almost root access.

These modifications are made on 3.0.14 ROM, I dont know if this works if your blackphone runs another version.
You can install 3.0.14 here

1. First of all you need to flash TWRP. Download and instructions here
2. Once flashed do not reboot system, type

HTML Code:
fastboot reboot
and press vol+ to enter twrp.

3. Now it will asks you to allow modifications, NEVER do that, always press "Keep Read Only" because you will get bootloop if you mount system as rw.
More info about that here

4. Now flash magisk, then reboot and install magisk apk. Download from here
NOTE: I dont know why but you need a microsd card in order to flash files, because twrp cant mount /data
NOTE 2: At this point you dont have su BUT you can install magisk modules (yes, xposed too).

Now lets give BP2 Pixel's style.

5. Download this script to remove all Google stuff, yes, just do it. I recommend the EXTREME one.

6. Flash it trough recovery and wipe chache/dalvik. do not reboot yet.

7. Now lets flash Gapps again, updated and modular. Just go to this page and select your desired package. I recommend AROMA not only because you install what you need, but you can remove stock apps (calculator, fmradio, stock email, etc). http://opengapps.org/

8. Now, yes, you can boot system.

9. I also made this script to remove all SilentCircle stuff. Just flash it.
NOTE 3: I wrote this script before removing gapps and that things i explained, so let me know wichs apps still get installed and i will add to the script. Also let me know what apps you want to remove.

Screenshots:

Updating...

I am having a problem, every time I try and install Magisk thro' TWRP I get "failed to verify whole file signature" and "signature verification failed", I can install BP2 9, 10, 11 and 14 zips without any problems. Bloatware zip also throws up the same messages. may need a step by step instruction. As before TWRP is installed and BP2 11 doe's not brick the phone, not sure what 14 will do, thought it would brick the phone. Many thanks
28th December 2018, 06:27 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgc1

I am having a problem, every time I try and install Magisk thro' TWRP I get "failed to verify whole file signature" and "signature verification failed", I can install BP2 9, 10, 11 and 14 zips without any problems. Bloatware zip also throws up the same messages. may need a step by step instruction. As before TWRP is installed and BP2 11 doe's not brick the phone, not sure what 14 will do, thought it would brick the phone. Many thanks

Hi, i dont use the bp2 anymore since past year but i remember that you have to flash the zips from external sdcard, never use twrp to flash files trough internal. Maybe thats the problem. Hope ive helped you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
Blackphone-2, blackphone-2, bp2, gapps, twrp, zip

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)