[GUIDE][TWRP][ROOT] Oukitel C4 TWRP (by Jemmini) & (systemless) Root

Search This thread

enetec

May 30, 2014
Italians do it better... ;)
DISCLAIMER: all operations descripted here should be done *only* by trained & expert guys... as every "hacking" operations, they involve the risk of soft/hard bricking your device making it unusable temporary or permanently. I will not be responsable in any way for it. So, pay attention and, if not sure, simply don't do it. ;)

WARNING #1: this is a fast guide describing needed steps and providing needed files only for expert guys. It is *not*suitable* for newbies who need detailed instructions on how to install drivers, programs, flash partitions, etc...

WARNING #2: on this phone there are (strangely...) close ties between boot.img and recovery.img content. This involves that changing contents of recovery.img can produce bootloop and changing contents of boot.img can prevent to access recovery too, creating a soft brick condition. I don't know exactly why, BUT you are warned.

WARNING #3: the procedure and files provided are *only* for ROM1 firmware version 14 of 13 Aug 2016. It is indicated as OUKITEL_C4_V14.0_20160813 in "About phone" and as t637d-oq-s08-fdd3m-hd-64g8g-sd internally. If you are on a differently indicated version and/or release date, *don't*even*think* about trying to apply the provided files: bootloops and (at least) soft bricks are easy coming, expecially because of warning #2...

WARNING #4: all provided files are in .zip format only due to forum rules and limitations. They *all* need to be *unpacked* before use them.

CREDITS: this TWRP recovery has been compiled by Jemmini on 4PDA forum. Since of the Russian only language of that forum and the very hard way to subscribe on it for not Russians (needed to download files too...), I'm reporting it here with more explanations and my hints & experiences too... ;)

Said that... Let's start! :highfive:

IF (and *only* if...) your firmware version is reported as OUKITEL_C4_V14.0_20160813 in your phone, these are the steps to follow:
- unlock your bootloader (no special code needed, just enable the apposite option slider in Developers section of Settings and unlock it by the standard fastboot command in fastload mode... you need adb, fastboot and adb/fastboot drivers installed in your pc obviously ;))
Please remember that, as ever, unlocking your bootloader will factory reset your phone (and void your warranty...), so take it in proper account....

- using SP Flash Tool (recent versions since of the new MT6737 used in C4... tested one is the v.5.1644, just Google for it) just flash the provided twrp-c4.img (by Jemmini on 4PDA) selecting "Download only" on top, using the provided scatter file and selecting only the recovery row (browsing to twrp-c4.img file). Then press Download button and connect your phone in OFF status. If all was OK and you have MTK drivers properly installed (Google for them... search for MT6737 drivers. To test them just try to connect your phone to PC as storage to check if it is properly seen...), you should see a green checking sign "v" on top of SP Flash tool.
If nothing happens, try to reinstall drivers and/or doublecheck your phone is in OFF status when connected.

- don't try to boot to system now. It simply doesn't anyway. :eek:
For some unknown reason connected to warning #2, flashing twrp introduces a bootloop (soft brick...) on this phone. :confused:
Nothing to be worried of anyway: systemless rooting will fix it! ;)
To root simply flash by TWRP (yes, you need to enable /system modification on first twrp boot...) SuperSU v.2.78 "standard" version in zip format (just Google for it...).
For standard is intended the released one, not SRx or "forced to system" one... (tested version is SuperSU-v2.78-201609011115.zip) .
Just remember that, since of unability to boot system before flashing SuperSU, its zip have to be already on your device before flashing TWRP. Otherwise you can use a microSD card to flash from it... ;)

If you do all fine you now have your rooted & TWRP 3.0.2-x provided Oukitel C4!!! :highfive:

If you are in a bootloop condition you aren't able to fix, just turn off your phone and, ever using SP Flash Tool in the same way, simply reflashing stock boot.img and recovery.img (both provided as zipped-to-to-be-unzipped attachment for... emergency reasons :p).

After, if you want, you can install Xposed (in system mode) or busybox by app (it will be automatically installed in systemless mode since of supersu installation method...).

Don't even try to install Magisk v.9 instead: it will not work and will produce a soft brick (with no recovery access too...) that will requires a boot.img and recovery.img reflashing to be solved (with all this procedure to be redone one more time...).

This said... if you have questions... I'm here to answer them. Otherwise... have a nice time with your TWRP provided and systemless Rooted Oukitel C4!!! :fingers-crossed:

Attachments

• twrp-c4.img.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 1,472
  • MT6737M_Android_scatter.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 3,502
  • boot.img.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 962
  • recC4org.img.zip
    9 MB · Views: 905
Last edited:
Reactions: mvtowns and pop003

giri@nwrk.biz

May 8, 2015
page.nwrk.biz
I can confirm that this TWRP build also works fine with the newest OUKITEL_C4_V17.0_20161124 Firmware. Important: before flashing TWRP disable your boot lock code, otherwise you will softbrick your device.

Entec do you have an 4pda Account? If yes it would be really awesome if you could add the second TWRP recovery image for oukitel phones with the Rxx_xxxx ROM to OP.

EDIT:
I successfully installed XPOSED on my C4! This rocks the **** out of an 50 EUR budget phone!

Last edited:

salvarez01

Dec 14, 2006
Valls
Hello thank you for your information, could you provide us also TWRP for 32bits version (R06), I have tried to download from de forum but file is not avalaible.

regards

giri@nwrk.biz

May 8, 2015
page.nwrk.biz
Hello thank you for your information, could you provide us also TWRP for 32bits version (R06), I have tried to download from de forum but file is not avalaible.

regards

We need someone with 4PDA Account....

However, have you tried to install the 64Bit rom? You can get the Stock 64 Bit Rom from needrom.com. I advise you to do the software update before flashing TWRP linked in this thread.

salvarez01

Dec 14, 2006
Valls
However, have you tried to install the 64Bit rom? You can get the Stock 64 Bit Rom from needrom.com. I advise you to do the software update before flashing TWRP linked in this thread.
Hello thank you I have flashed 64 bits Rom and updated to V17, now all OK with TWRP and SuperSU.
Seam 64 bits version more slow than R06, but OK.

Thanks.

salvarez01

Dec 14, 2006
Valls
Hello I have tried to use native sip editing the files in /system/etc/permissions but the option is not available in phone menu. Someone know how to activate?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk

giri@nwrk.biz

May 8, 2015
page.nwrk.biz
Entec do you have an 4pda Account? If yes it would be really awesome if you could add the second TWRP recovery image for oukitel phones with the Rxx_xxxx ROM to OP.

I managed to create an account on 4pda.ru and downloaded twrp for all firmware versions!
Files are attached!

Use twrp_recovery_C4_V.zip if your phone uses the OUKITEL_C4_VXX.X_XXXXXXXX firmware (Tested with OUKITEL_C4_V17.0_20161124)
Use twrp_recovery_R0x.zip if your phone uses the R0X_XXXXXX firmware. (Tested with R06_102033)

Attachments

• twrp_recovery_R0x.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 544
  • twrp_recovery_C4_V.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 578
Last edited:
Reactions: pop003

giri@nwrk.biz

May 8, 2015
page.nwrk.biz
Hello I have tried to use native sip editing the files in /system/etc/permissions but the option is not available in phone menu. Someone know how to activate?

You can configure SIP by using an App called Activity Launcher.
  1. Download and Install Activity Launcher
  2. Start Activity Launcher
  3. Choose 'All Activities'
  4. Search for 'Phone'
  5. Open 'Phone'
  6. Search and Click 'Sip Settings', 'com.android.phone.services.telephony.sip.SipSettings'

2gv8wmr.png

Last edited:

salvarez01

Dec 14, 2006
Valls
Hello, yes I know this app to find secret menu. With this you can configure sip settings but when you try to make a call the dialer not offer choice to select calls with sip account

giri@nwrk.biz

May 8, 2015
page.nwrk.biz
Hello, yes I know this app to find secret menu. With this you can configure sip settings but when you try to make a call the dialer not offer choice to select calls with sip account

After you added an Sip account you can choose you default dailing method as follows: Dailer -> Settings -> Accounts -> Dail With

You also see your SIP account as "additional SIM Card" when Opening the dailer!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: all operations descripted here should be done *only* by trained & expert guys... as every "hacking" operations, they involve the risk of soft/hard bricking your device making it unusable temporary or permanently. I will not be responsable in any way for it. So, pay attention and, if not sure, simply don't do it. ;)

WARNING #1: this is a fast guide describing needed steps and providing needed files only for expert guys. It is *not*suitable* for newbies who need detailed instructions on how to install drivers, programs, flash partitions, etc...

WARNING #2: on this phone there are (strangely...) close ties between boot.img and recovery.img content. This involves that changing contents of recovery.img can produce bootloop and changing contents of boot.img can prevent to access recovery too, creating a soft brick condition. I don't know exactly why, BUT you are warned.

WARNING #3: the procedure and files provided are *only* for ROM1 firmware version 14 of 13 Aug 2016. It is indicated as OUKITEL_C4_V14.0_20160813 in "About phone" and as t637d-oq-s08-fdd3m-hd-64g8g-sd internally. If you are on a differently indicated version and/or release date, *don't*even*think* about trying to apply the provided files: bootloops and (at least) soft bricks are easy coming, expecially because of warning #2...

WARNING #4: all provided files are in .zip format only due to forum rules and limitations. They *all* need to be *unpacked* before use them.

CREDITS: this TWRP recovery has been compiled by Jemmini on 4PDA forum. Since of the Russian only language of that forum and the very hard way to subscribe on it for not Russians (needed to download files too...), I'm reporting it here with more explanations and my hints & experiences too... ;)

Said that... Let's start! :highfive:

IF (and *only* if...) your firmware version is reported as OUKITEL_C4_V14.0_20160813 in your phone, these are the steps to follow:
    - unlock your bootloader (no special code needed, just enable the apposite option slider in Developers section of Settings and unlock it by the standard fastboot command in fastload mode... you need adb, fastboot and adb/fastboot drivers installed in your pc obviously ;))
    Please remember that, as ever, unlocking your bootloader will factory reset your phone (and void your warranty...), so take it in proper account....

- using SP Flash Tool (recent versions since of the new MT6737 used in C4... tested one is the v.5.1644, just Google for it) just flash the provided twrp-c4.img (by Jemmini on 4PDA) selecting "Download only" on top, using the provided scatter file and selecting only the recovery row (browsing to twrp-c4.img file). Then press Download button and connect your phone in OFF status. If all was OK and you have MTK drivers properly installed (Google for them... search for MT6737 drivers. To test them just try to connect your phone to PC as storage to check if it is properly seen...), you should see a green checking sign "v" on top of SP Flash tool.
    If nothing happens, try to reinstall drivers and/or doublecheck your phone is in OFF status when connected.

- don't try to boot to system now. It simply doesn't anyway. :eek:
    For some unknown reason connected to warning #2, flashing twrp introduces a bootloop (soft brick...) on this phone. :confused:
    Nothing to be worried of anyway: systemless rooting will fix it! ;)
    To root simply flash by TWRP (yes, you need to enable /system modification on first twrp boot...) SuperSU v.2.78 "standard" version in zip format (just Google for it...).
    For standard is intended the released one, not SRx or "forced to system" one... (tested version is SuperSU-v2.78-201609011115.zip) .
    Just remember that, since of unability to boot system before flashing SuperSU, its zip have to be already on your device before flashing TWRP. Otherwise you can use a microSD card to flash from it... ;)

If you do all fine you now have your rooted & TWRP 3.0.2-x provided Oukitel C4!!! :highfive:

If you are in a bootloop condition you aren't able to fix, just turn off your phone and, ever using SP Flash Tool in the same way, simply reflashing stock boot.img and recovery.img (both provided as zipped-to-to-be-unzipped attachment for... emergency reasons :p).

After, if you want, you can install Xposed (in system mode) or busybox by app (it will be automatically installed in systemless mode since of supersu installation method...).

Don't even try to install Magisk v.9 instead: it will not work and will produce a soft brick (with no recovery access too...) that will requires a boot.img and recovery.img reflashing to be solved (with all this procedure to be redone one more time...).

This said... if you have questions... I'm here to answer them. Otherwise... have a nice time with your TWRP provided and systemless Rooted Oukitel C4!!! :fingers-crossed:

I managed to create an account on 4pda.ru and downloaded twrp for all firmware versions!
    Files are attached!

Use twrp_recovery_C4_V.zip if your phone uses the OUKITEL_C4_VXX.X_XXXXXXXX firmware (Tested with OUKITEL_C4_V17.0_20161124)
    Use twrp_recovery_R0x.zip if your phone uses the R0X_XXXXXX firmware. (Tested with R06_102033)
    Now I have R06_102033 on my C4
    No problem, just use the twrp_recovery_R0x.zip from my previous post.
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71584701&postcount=10