FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][HUAWEI TAG-Lxx] P8 lite smart/GR3/Enjoy 5S Modding (unlock, root ecc...)

192 posts
Thanks Meter: 165

By mac12m99, Senior Member on 5th August 2016, 08:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
INFO
This device have different names in different countried (TAG-L01/L03/L13/L21/L22/L23 ecc..), but they are the same, everything writed in this post work on every TAG-Lxx device.

DISCLAIMER FOR ANDROID 6.0
A lot of people asked me to port android 6 or 7, so i answer once and for all:
I have alredy tryed but kernel needs some changes, the problem is that kernel source code they provided is simply incomplete! Compiled kernel without any mods don't boot at all
I've checked and i found that the first problem that cause this is missing/wrong lcd driver(this is the first but i think there are a lot of other driver missing)
So this are the options:
-fix it myself and add drivers from other device(already tried, risked to damage my device, i won't do anymore)
-ask huawei for correct source(i will try)
-find a way to bypass this changing android source(if kernel is not compatible by android, i can make android compatible with kernel), but its not easy

STOCK ROM
Single sim version(system dump of TAG-L01)
I can't find it on internet, so i have created a flashable zip that contains system and boot dumped from my device(using TAG-L22 offical one, because this is the only firmware i have found)
update.zip
if something goes wrong place it into your sdcard, reboot into recovery and flash it, your device is now fully working
-build: TAG-L01C212B123
-brand:TIM
-rooted:yes

this is my dump:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424961455
This zip contains boot recovery and system image of my device.

Dual sim version(offical TAG-L22, work on every dual sim variant)
official download link

UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER
Unlock bootloader is the same for all huawei devices:
-enable developer options(7 tap on build number)
-enable "oem unlock"
-go into http://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=hwdownload and register an account
-select chinese language (is important, otherwise you can't access bootloader unlock page)
-click on the green lock and select first choice
-accept
-you are now into bootloader unlock page

-serial number can be found in settings/about phone/state
-IMEI have to be in the phone box
-product id can be found writing *#*#1357946#*#* in phone dialer

-solve captcha and click on the blue button
-you have bootloader unlock code
-MAKE A BACKUP, BECAUSE WHEN YOU UNLOCK YOUR DEVICE WILL BE FACTORY RESET
-put your indevice in bootloader mode(by using "adb reboot bootloader" or by volume up+power and selecting fastboot mode)
-type "fastboot oem unlock yourcode" (i suggest to write code letter by letter, copy-paste has not worker for me)
-type "fastboot oem get-bootinfo" and you have to see unlocked:yes
-type "fastboot reboot" to reboot into android

ROOT
recommender method(need an unlocked bootloader):
-Install twrp(look under for the link)
-download supersu
-reboot into recovery and flash it

phone can be rooted also without unlocking bootloader, but if something goes wrong to fix you need an unlocked bootloader, and i'm receveing a lot of report of people who have bricked, so i won't show how to do it anymore.

Restore huawei bootlogo(for branded devices)
Thanks a lot @ervius !
download
simply run logo_huawei.bat (or, if you are on linux read that and run all commands inside)

If SIM card is not recognised:
Sometimes, if you wipe data or change rom you will face this problem, fix is easy(but need root):
-go into / and delete nvdata folder(you will see a "read-only filesystem" message, ignore it)
-reboot(not soft reboot, normal reboot)

CUSTOM RECOVERY
TWRP 3.0.2-0

CUSTOM ROMS
Cyanogenmod 12.1

XPOSED

Official thread
-download Xposed for EMUI 3.1 Android 5.1.1 arm64 version
-flash it using twrp
-download and install this apk

NOTE:some module won't work because this device have emui
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mac12m99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mac12m99 Ad-Free
15th August 2016, 10:03 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks, I've been waiting weeks for this!

Can confirm TWRP works on my GR3 (TAG-L13) and was able to SuperSU from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to felzam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift felzam Ad-Free
15th August 2016, 10:31 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by felzam

Thanks, I've been waiting weeks for this!

Can confirm TWRP works on my GR3 (TAG-L13) and was able to SuperSU from there.

Good
Now you can also install xposed and other mods, i'm uploading a zip that fully re-stock this device, so if something goes wrong you can easily restore (some kind of "official firmware" but based on my dump, because official does not exist)
edit: ah ok, you have a TAG-L13, so probably with this firmware your sim wont work
16th August 2016, 03:10 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
what about tag l21
16th August 2016, 10:37 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedNour

what about tag l21

This guide will work and TWRP also, TAG-L01 and TAG-L21 are identical, the only problem is dual sim(so if i will succed compiling cyanogenmod, you probably can't use your sim)
The Following User Says Thank You to mac12m99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mac12m99 Ad-Free
16th August 2016, 11:32 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac12m99

This guide will work and TWRP also, TAG-L01 and TAG-L21 are identical, the only problem is dual sim(so if i will succed compiling cyanogenmod, you probably can't use your sim)

good news then but i will be able to use 1 sim and micro sd ????
17th August 2016, 02:43 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Cyanogenmod would be wonderful! I have major push notification problems while on WiFi and would love to move away from EMUI. Would it work on different versions though (on any TAG-LXX)?
17th August 2016, 07:50 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedNour

good news then but i will be able to use 1 sim and micro sd ????

Micro sd not, but probably all sims will not work

Quote:

Cyanogenmod would be wonderful!

Yes
I have compiled succesiful, but don't boot, i need more time...
Quote:

I have major push notification problems while on WiFi and would love to move away from EMUI.

Settings, protected apps, allow all apps that you want notification

Quote:

Would it work on different versions though (on any TAG-LXX)?

Yes, but in dual sim devices proably sim will not work
The Following User Says Thank You to mac12m99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mac12m99 Ad-Free
20th August 2016, 10:30 AM |#9  

More
Just wanted to say i'm also looking forward to see if an update to Android 6 is possible.
20th August 2016, 02:34 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEversor

Just wanted to say i'm also looking forward to see if an update to Android 6 is possible.

There is only a stock rom on internet and is android 5.0(for TAG-L22), so for now no 6.0

My goal is compiling cyanogenmod 13(whitch is based on android 6), but it will take a lot of time.
20th August 2016, 07:12 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

There is only a stock rom on internet and is android 5.0(for TAG-L22), so for now no 6.0

My goal is compiling cyanogenmod 13(whitch is based on android 6), but it will take a lot of time.

I'm absolutely new to this kind of things, but would it be theoretically possible to cook the huawei rom for the Honor 5X (also known as GR5) that is Android 6, adding the drivers of the official Android 5 huawei rom of the GR3 or TAG-L01 ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
tag-l01;gr3;enjoy 5s;p8 lite smart

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)