FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE]Porting TWRP without source

456 posts
Thanks Meter: 137
 
By Augustoandro, Senior Member on 16th September 2018, 07:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th November 2018, 09:26 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi I tried to Port a Recovery for my H96 Max RK3399 TV Box .
I used TWRP From My RK3328 TVBox.
I can Boot in Recovery, but its not Mounting any Partition (everywhere 0MB)
I Think the problem is in .Fstab File but I am Not sure.
I would appreciate help

Sorry for my poor English
 
 
19th November 2018, 12:39 PM |#12  
Augustoandro's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 137
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leone_1

Hi I tried to Port a Recovery for my H96 Max RK3399 TV Box .
I used TWRP From My RK3328 TVBox.
I can Boot in Recovery, but its not Mounting any Partition (everywhere 0MB)
I Think the problem is in .Fstab File but I am Not sure.
I would appreciate help

Sorry for my poor English

Partitions not being recognized means the problem is in fstab files. Both recovery.fstab and twrp.fstab need to be edited.
I am sure of it.

HIT THANKS IF FOUND USEFUL
The Following User Says Thank You to Augustoandro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Augustoandro Ad-Free
19th November 2018, 03:15 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Hi,
I have an unofficial TWRP For my phone (Moto G5s+) but it's broken (It mounts system partitions even in read-only mode breaking things, and the current TWRP devs for the devices won't fix it). If I follow your guide and unpack one of these TWRP, I should be able to edit it to leave certain partitions Read Only, right?
20th November 2018, 10:10 AM |#14  
Augustoandro's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 137
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192

Hi,
I have an unofficial TWRP For my phone (Moto G5s+) but it's broken (It mounts system partitions even in read-only mode breaking things, and the current TWRP devs for the devices won't fix it). If I follow your guide and unpack one of these TWRP, I should be able to edit it to leave certain partitions Read Only, right?

You have to edit the fstab files for that, look for them in ramdisk/etc folder when you unpack the recovery.

HIT THANKS IF FOUND USEFUL
The Following User Says Thank You to Augustoandro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Augustoandro Ad-Free
20th November 2018, 10:46 AM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustoandro

Partitions not being recognized means the problem is in fstab files. Both recovery.fstab and twrp.fstab need to be edited.
I am sure of it.

HIT THANKS IF FOUND USEFUL

thanks for reply.

must be in the fstab TWRP/Stock the identical partitions?
or this only in TWRP.fstab?
20th November 2018, 11:04 AM |#16  
Augustoandro's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 137
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leone_1

thanks for reply.

must be in the fstab TWRP/Stock the identical partitions?
or this only in TWRP.fstab?

What are you trying to ask?

HIT THANKS IF FOUND USEFUL
20th November 2018, 11:57 AM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustoandro

Partitions not being recognized means the problem is in fstab files. Both recovery.fstab and twrp.fstab need to be edited.
I am sure of it.

HIT THANKS IF FOUND USEFUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustoandro

What are you trying to ask?

HIT THANKS IF FOUND USEFUL

must be in the fstab TWRP/Stock the identical partitions?
or this
"/external_sd vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 flags=removable;storage;display="SDCARD"
/usb-otg auto /dev/block/sda1 flags=removable;storage;display="USB-OTG"

only in TWRP.fstab?
20th November 2018, 02:17 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustoandro

You have to edit the fstab files for that, look for them in ramdisk/etc folder when you unpack the recovery.

HIT THANKS IF FOUND USEFUL

Found exactly what I needed. Thanks! I've passed this info up to the other devs too since they didn't feel like digging into it.
20th November 2018, 10:20 PM |#19  
Augustoandro's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 137
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leone_1

must be in the fstab TWRP/Stock the identical partitions?
or this
"/external_sd vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 flags=removable;storage;display="SDCARD"
/usb-otg auto /dev/block/sda1 flags=removable;storage;display="USB-OTG"

only in TWRP.fstab?

twrp.fstab and recovery.fstab should be identical, so all you have to do is copy and paste the contents of one into the other after rectifying whatever is wrong with them.

HIT THANKS IF FOUND USEFUL
The Following User Says Thank You to Augustoandro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Augustoandro Ad-Free
27th November 2018, 02:32 PM |#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104
 
More
to all people who experience boot loop on TWRP splash screen:
Code:
adb shell
df
you will figure out which mount point is crashing. fix it in fstab. you may have a look in /cache/recovery/last_log too
for me the reason was vold mounts, i simply deleted two lines (yes, its /devices instead of /sys/devices i don't know if it is a bug, its from stock boot.img)
Code:
/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11120000.msdc0* auto vfat defaults voldmanaged=sdcard0:auto
/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11130000.msdc1* auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto,encryptable=userdata
if touch screen is not working, you can still use touch screen when booted from fastboot (unfortunately no fix, yet):
Code:
fastboot boot <twrp.img>
11th December 2018, 10:33 AM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
hello, I have the guide and I have ported twrp, but I have several problems,
1- touch screen does not work
2- adb does not work from twrp
3- mouse otg works, I can click, but I can not leave pressed, if I leave pressed, it does an intermittent click

I have tried to port devices with soc tegra k1, same as my device.
twrp ports:
twrp shield tablet 2.7
twrp shield tablet 2.8
twrp shield tablet 3.0
twrp shield tablet 3.1
twrp xiaomi my pad 3.1
in all cases, the exact same thing happens.

I must boot twrp with the fastboot boot twrp.img command, since my recovery partition is 8mb, and can not enter twrp, when I have twrp, I will try to enlarge the partition.

adj. recovery. log, and kernel.log, if any expert sees what is wrong.
thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: log dmesg.log - [Click for QR Code] (120.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: log recovery.log - [Click for QR Code] (116.2 KB, 22 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes