By Augustoandro, Senior Member on 16th September 2018, 07:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th December 2018, 10:33 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
hello, I have the guide and I have ported twrp, but I have several problems,
1- touch screen does not work
2- adb does not work from twrp
3- mouse otg works, I can click, but I can not leave pressed, if I leave pressed, it does an intermittent click

I have tried to port devices with soc tegra k1, same as my device.
twrp ports:
twrp shield tablet 2.7
twrp shield tablet 2.8
twrp shield tablet 3.0
twrp shield tablet 3.1
twrp xiaomi my pad 3.1
in all cases, the exact same thing happens.

I must boot twrp with the fastboot boot twrp.img command, since my recovery partition is 8mb, and can not enter twrp, when I have twrp, I will try to enlarge the partition.

adj. recovery. log, and kernel.log, if any expert sees what is wrong.
thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: log dmesg.log - [Click for QR Code] (120.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: log recovery.log - [Click for QR Code] (116.2 KB, 22 views)

12th January 2019, 03:32 AM |#22  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 49

Donate to Me
More
Ubuntu issues, lol
I am attempting this on Kubuntu 18.10, however when the image is unpacked I end up with 2 encrypted folders from stock recovery.img.. I am not root, and Kubuntu creates a root user with no password upon install, so I can't edit because I am not the owner (according to Kubuntu). Is there a way to work around this?
12th January 2019, 10:29 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
CTRL + ALT + T
(where ~ is folder)
Code:
sudo -H -u root xdg-open ~
12th January 2019, 11:19 PM |#24  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 49

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aIecxs

CTRL + ALT + T
(where ~ is folder)

Code:
sudo -H -u root xdg-open ~

Hi, thanks.. but I actually have Kubuntu installed.. I made an error while typing.. i thought they were the same.
5th February 2019, 01:30 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Hello, i've tried to port TWRP for my old Prestigio PMT5487_3G with MT6582 chipset and resolution 800 x 1280. Kernel: 3.4.5 If that matters.
I've used this TWRP 3.1.1 - https://forum.xda-developers.com/len...a3500-t3684225 because it is for MT6582 (800x1280) and I think it will be compatible.
But I'm facing some problems with fstab files and partitions.
I have no "fstab" file in ramdisk folder from unpacked TWRP, I'll put my "fstab" from stock ramdisk folder.
Also I have "ueventd.rc" and "ueventd.goldfish.rc" in my stock ramdisk folder. So, I'll put only ueventd.rc to twrp, but waht about my stock ueventd.goldfish.rc? It's needed or not?

But, okay now is the real problem.
In unpacked twrp's folder "ramdisk/etc" I have only "recovery.fstab", there is no file "twrp.fstab".
And my stock recovery.fstab says:
Code:
# mount point	fstype		device			[device2]

/boot		emmc		boot
/cache		ext4		/dev/block/mmcblk0p2
/data		ext4		/dev/block/mmcblk0p3
/misc		emmc		misc
/recovery	emmc		recovery
/sdcard		vfat		/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
/system		ext4		/dev/block/mmcblk0p6
But I'm not sure about partitions, because the DiskInfo shows different partitions.
Here is 2 screenshots from DiskInfo - https://imgur.com/a/yW9edrE
Root Explorer screenshot - https://imgur.com/a/L2g4ox9
For example: recovery.fstab says "/dev/block/mmcblk0p6" is system, but Diskinfo says "/dev/block/mmcblk0p5" is the system?!?
And all others partitions are different: "data" is "/dev/block/mmcblk0p3" or "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7" ?
I'm not sure recovery.fstab has show the correct partitions!
Maybe I should changes the entire partition info in my stock recovery.fstab to match with the real partitions in DiskInfo?
What to do?
I hope you can help me.
5th February 2019, 05:42 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalesund

Hello, i've tried to port TWRP for my old Prestigio PMT5487_3G with MT6582 chipset and resolution 800 x 1280. Kernel: 3.4.5 If that matters.
I've used this TWRP 3.1.1 - https://forum.xda-developers.com/len...a3500-t3684225 because it is for MT6582 (800x1280) and I think it will be compatible.
But I'm facing some problems with fstab files and partitions.
I have no "fstab" file in ramdisk folder from unpacked TWRP, I'll put my "fstab" from stock ramdisk folder.
Also I have "ueventd.rc" and "ueventd.goldfish.rc" in my stock ramdisk folder. So, I'll put only ueventd.rc to twrp, but waht about my stock ueventd.goldfish.rc? It's needed or not?

But, okay now is the real problem.
In unpacked twrp's folder "ramdisk/etc" I have only "recovery.fstab", there is no file "twrp.fstab".
And my stock recovery.fstab says:

But I'm not sure about partitions, because the DiskInfo shows different partitions.
Here is 2 screenshots from DiskInfo - https://imgur.com/a/yW9edrE
Root Explorer screenshot - https://imgur.com/a/L2g4ox9
For example: recovery.fstab says "/dev/block/mmcblk0p6" is system, but Diskinfo says "/dev/block/mmcblk0p5" is the system?!?
And all others partitions are different: "data" is "/dev/block/mmcblk0p3" or "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7" ?
I'm not sure recovery.fstab has show the correct partitions!
Maybe I should changes the entire partition info in my stock recovery.fstab to match with the real partitions in DiskInfo?
What to do?
I hope you can help me.

The partitions shown by DiskInfo are the correct ones, edit your recovery.fstab accordingly.
If there is some file missing, create it.
I have recommended the TWRP images in the thread because they are suitable for most of the devices, I strongly believe you should use one of those. But if that fails, you are free to use the one you are working with right now.
And put the ueventd.goldfish.rc in the twrp to be ported.

HIT THANKS IF FOUND USEFUL
5th March 2019, 05:22 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustoandro

The partitions shown by DiskInfo are the correct ones, edit your recovery.fstab accordingly.
If there is some file missing, create it.
I have recommended the TWRP images in the thread because they are suitable for most of the devices, I strongly believe you should use one of those. But if that fails, you are free to use the one you are working with right now.
And put the ueventd.goldfish.rc in the twrp to be ported.

yep
15th March 2019, 06:19 PM |#28  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I tried this method with the motorola nexus 6 image for a MTK6797X (Helios x27) device (chuwi hipad) . The problem is that no matter what I put on the twrp.fstab I found this errors in TWRP:
unable to mount storage
unable to mount system
(essentially unable to mount anything)

Then I though: maybe if I do this exact method using the older brother Hi9 Plus (same X27 proc) already functional TWRP, then it may work:

My wrong: I tried to unpack that TWRP and follow the same instructions, but it does not even boot into TWRP, it gets stuck in the boot screen
(at least with motorola nexus 6 twrp it did boot into TWRP )

There is only one thing strange with all this process: I downloaded DiskInfo and contrarily to all the screenshots I only can see the mount points, but not the sources (I have activated all the advanced options, and I even have the pro version)
Here is a screenshot:

Now I'm in a deadend now with this topic.
5th April 2019, 02:52 AM |#29  
Flag calapan city
Thanks Meter: 23

Donate to Me
More
tried porting this on Xiomi redmi go successfully but
/data is not readable
/system size is unaccurate
internal and sd card not detect also
help
tried this on Oreo go
5th April 2019, 04:13 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 544

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustoandro

twrp.fstab and recovery.fstab should be identical, so all you have to do is copy and paste the contents of one into the other after rectifying whatever is wrong with them.

Hi i am unclear on this state of your directions as well as this post here.

Which fstab contents are copied over which?

Does recovery.fstab get copied over by twrp.fstab?

At present they are not identical, to make them identical, one has to be copied over the other. This is very unclear to me.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your efforts.
5th April 2019, 06:08 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Is it possible to make twrp from boot.img? They are very similar.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)