Originally Posted by NepoRood
I prefer TWRP as well, that's why I built it
The only reason I don't have one posted for x.12 users is I can't test it. If you get it to work properly, let me know and I'll add it to the OP so others can benefit.
If not, I can do some builds for you to test, if you don't mind. I have the x.12 kernel in my repo
Yeah, I can't figure out how to extract the kernel, because I don't usually have access to a PC. However, I'll take some testing builds if you can make them.
Also, back to the USB issue, a reflash of everything except preloader didn't fix it. However, checking the firmware update now tells me that this is the latest version (which is definitely wrong, since I had v68). It must be an incompatibility between the USA and Canadian variants. If you find a Canadian firm dump, can you send me a link?
So I just took a look at the model number on my box, and it's RCT5213W87DKF
. That extra letter is what changes this a bit. I'll try seeing what I can dig up in terms of OTA updates, and I'll keep posting about what I find.
Okay, so after a few packet captures, I found the tablet makes a GET request to http://tablet12.gyrodock.com:2300/Ot...e=RCT6213W87DK
with the User-Agent rk29sdk/4.0, but the server returns a 404 page. When I do this in the browser, however, I get something quite peculiar happen, which interests me. Most of the other places on the site return a Tomcat 404 that has the path in the parenthesis. However, for the OTA URL, it just has empty parenthesis. POST requests to that URL return a 200 OK with no return data, which is also interesting. I'll keep hunting around.