Thanks Meter: 42

Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2020, 11:38 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miramas, France

Donate to Me
More
Umidigi F1 Play TWRP should work, it's the same chip, the same screen size. I don't know what's wrong with it not booting like it didn't boot Magisk before. Maybe we need to flash all the partitions with the disable-verity flag like we made Magisk work ?
10th January 2020, 03:38 AM |#22  
Flag Selden, NY
Thanks Meter: 4,419

Donate to Me
More
TWRP hangs at the boot screen as well for me. Also, to root you only have to disable verity in boot, recovery and vbmeta.
10th January 2020, 07:19 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmsg78

Confirmed working, thanks. I ended up patching the new boot.img myself and that also worked. I own a Note 10 + and OnePlus 7 Pro and honestly I think the Umidigi is an awesome deal, everything is pretty good on the device. It's something I wanted to try out and I'm actually impressed.

May I ask what box is checked and which magdisk version when you patched the boot.img? I am trying to patch the new boot.img with Edxposed's magdisk. It can boot into the system. But when I tried to type my password, its screen went black. I can do nothing but to reboot and flash back original boot.img..
10th January 2020, 07:31 AM |#24  
Flag Selden, NY
Thanks Meter: 4,419

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yipsama

May I ask what box is checked and which magdisk version when you patched the boot.img? I am trying to patch the new boot.img with Edxposed's magdisk. It can boot into the system. But when I tried to type my password, its screen went black. I can do nothing but to reboot and flash back original boot.img..

Preserve force encryption and Preserve AVB is checked, that is all. On a side not I lost my fingerprint scanning function. I even flashed the older firmware, went back to complete unrooted, locked bootloader and I have no fingerprint unlock anywhere in settings. My IMEI's were gone and so was my MEID. I was able to get everything back by using the MT IMEI Flash tool but the fingerprint is still not there. It's probably due the fact that I did a format+download in SP Flash Tool. Can someone back up their stock Tee partitions in SP Flash Tool (the read back section) and send me the img files?
10th January 2020, 08:19 AM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmsg78

Preserve force encryption and Preserve AVB is checked, that is all. On a side not I lost my fingerprint scanning function. I even flashed the older firmware, went back to complete unrooted, locked bootloader and i have no fingerprint unlock anywhere in settings. It's probably due the fact that I did a format+download in SP Flash Tool. Oh well, my friends dad wants a cheap phone so iIm selling this piece of garbage to him as he doesn't use the fingerprint scanner.

Patching boot.img is still having many problems. Hope someone can build TWRP for F2.
11th January 2020, 12:34 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miramas, France

Donate to Me
More
@ajsmsg78 afaik using other's tee partitions doesn't work, someone already asked me for one which I gave (Umidigi One Max) and he still couldn't make it work.

Concerning TWRP, I've got the F2 device tree ready, can someone compile it for me?
The Following User Says Thank You to _cab13_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _cab13_ Ad-Free
11th January 2020, 12:36 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miramas, France

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yipsama

Please create a boot image with the latest Canary build of Magisk Manager. Howdo you even patch a boot image with Edxposed ? Did Ed create a Magisk fork that I'm not aware of ?
11th January 2020, 11:19 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Did you manage to mount system R/W with magisk installed?
Is there some progress on twrp developpement?
12th January 2020, 06:55 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miramas, France

Donate to Me
More
@ubuntuh any system modification seems to lead to bootloops. Concerning TWRP, I'm trying to build it but I don't know how to do so. I have the device tree waiting.
12th January 2020, 08:36 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
we might have to decrypt the data partition by flashing the decrypt zip through twrp. But for that we need a working twrp. what are you missing to compile the twrp?
13th January 2020, 01:56 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cab13_

Please create a boot image with the latest Canary build of Magisk Manager. Howdo you even patch a boot image with Edxposed ? Did Ed create a Magisk fork that I'm not aware of ?

Edxsposed provides its version of Magisk zip file.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-f2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)