[GUIDE] Unlock/Root Lenovo Smart Tab P10 (TB-X705F) by Chaser42

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 53

By Chaser42, Member on 10th August 2019, 06:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th May 2020, 06:40 PM |#311  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I tried doing the QDownloader, but I kept getting a 'Send Result' Progress but nothing ever happened. I was able to do a factory reset so that I could start over, and to my surprise it said that my bootloader was already unlocked. Now the proud owner of a rooted device.

In regards to Ambient Mode, the Google App shows Ambient Mode if you search for it, but there is no selector to enable it. I am suspsecting this device isn't "supported". I was thinking maybe if the build.prop was edited so that the device identifies as a device that has Ambient Mode.. Like the Yoga Smart Tab. Any ideas?
19th May 2020, 05:37 PM |#312  

More
for the life of me, I can't get QDownloader to do anything. Can someone please help?
21st May 2020, 12:07 AM |#313  
OP Member
Houston, TEXAS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jedge

I tried fastboot oem unlock-go, and the command failed. When i restarted the device, now it is not accepting my PIN. Any ideas?

You're doing this on a P10 (TB-X705F)?

Chaser
21st May 2020, 02:13 AM |#314  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser42

You're doing this on a P10 (TB-X705F)?

Chaser

Yes. The command failed over and over again, so I restarted the device. Booted and asked for my pin but it wouldn't accept it. I am running the most recent update. I did a factory reset in the hopes of trying again, and to my surprise it said my bootloader was already unlocked. My device is now rooted.

I was trying to get the hang of QDownloader to that I can try and test some treble but no matter what u do, it won't work. Holding down volulme down while plugging in the device doesn't do anything for me. To get the light to flash, i have to be on the original boot IMG but even then, it never connects. I I hold down volume up, it will connect on either port 11 or 12, but only shows "send result" as the status and never does anything. I must be missing something.
21st May 2020, 11:12 PM |#315  
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:

Yes. The command failed over and over again, so I restarted the device. Booted and asked for my pin but it wouldn't accept it. I am running the most recent update. I did a factory reset in the hopes of trying again, and to my surprise it said my bootloader was already unlocked. My device is now rooted.

I was trying to get the hang of QDownloader to that I can try and test some treble but no matter what u do, it won't work. Holding down volulme down while plugging in the device doesn't do anything for me. To get the light to flash, i have to be on the original boot IMG but even then, it never connects. I I hold down volume up, it will connect on either port 11 or 12, but only shows "send result" as the status and never does anything. I must be missing something.

If the P10's TWRP has a reboot to EDL option, try that.
22nd May 2020, 01:24 AM |#316  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 3,441

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahoo Mike

If the P10's TWRP has a reboot to EDL option, try that.

Of course it does, it was built from your template

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clsA Ad-Free
24th May 2020, 07:28 PM |#317  

More
This is as far as I can ever get. Never progresses from this screen.

Thanks for all your help so far guys! It is much appreciated!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lenovop10.png
Views:	32
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	5025711  
Yesterday, 12:49 AM |#318  
OP Member
Houston, TEXAS

More
Quote:

I think I've seen this problem before. Can you take a screenshot of what comes up when you click on the configure button? I populated the settings.ini file with the proper settings for the P10, but I think it requires you to click on the configure button it's actually load the settings. Then hit okay and try the connection.

I'll take some screenshots on my end it so that this is better documented. I remember it was a pain in the ass get working. It was the same with the LMSA tool. There's some kind of magic required when pressing the power and volume keys to make it work. Perhaps my fingers are fat because I only get it to work like one in ten times. It's actually a little bit easier with the QcomDLoader because it only requires you to press and hold volume down. It's just timing on when exactly to release it...

A while back one of the IT guys for the schools in France was having the same problem. He was convinced his advice was dead bricked. I told him that it's practically impossible to brick this device and to just keep trying even if it takes hours. So he got busy grading papers while attempting it over and over again. After few hours he got it to connect. Evidently his fingers are fat like mine.

Chaser
Yesterday, 01:31 AM |#319  
OP Member
Houston, TEXAS

More
Quote:

OK. I took some screenshots and put together a single image information sheet for the QcomDLoader settings. Make sure you've got the correct path for your unzipped stock ROM. Then make sure you are settings look what I've got in the yellow circle. Then you hit the button to start the flash process. And finally you perform button magic with the power and volume keys from a powered off state and connect the USB cable.

Chaser
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200524_200524.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	5026003  
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaser42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chaser42 Ad-Free
Today, 01:03 AM |#320  

More
How long does the validation process take? I had it sitting for an hour and a half, and it still showed the same screen. "Send Result".

I feel like i'm cursed lol.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, smart-tab-p10, tb-x705f, unlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)