Search This thread

mr_unpredictable

Apr 14, 2017
Udupi
Unlocking the Bootloader

Instructions

Setting up ADB & Fastboot

1. Download the 15 Seconds ADB Installer.exe

2. After the download completes, run the 15 Seconds ADB Installer.exe as Administrator.

how-to-install-adb-fastboot-and-drivers-1.jpg

3. Wait for the 15 Seconds ADB Installer to open.

how-to-install-adb-fastboot-and-drivers-2.jpg

4. Type Y and hit Enter.

how-to-install-adb-fastboot-and-drivers-3.jpg

5. Again type Y and hit Enter.

how-to-install-adb-fastboot-and-drivers-4.jpg

6. And again type Y and hit Enter.

how-to-install-adb-fastboot-and-drivers-5.jpg

7. A Device Driver Installation Wizard window will pop up. Hit the Next button.

how-to-install-adb-fastboot-and-drivers-6.jpg

8. Click Finish when it's done.

how-to-install-adb-fastboot-and-drivers-7.jpg

Running the commands

1. Navigate to -> My Computer -> Local Disk ( C: ) -> ADB folder

how-to-install-adb-fastboot-and-drivers-8.jpg

2. Holding down the Shift key, right-click on an empty space in the ADB folder

how-to-install-adb-fastboot-and-drivers-9.jpg

3. Select Open command window here.

how-to-install-adb-fastboot-and-drivers-10.jpg

4. A Command prompt must' open.

Hovatek-How-to-unlock-the-Bootloader-of-a-Mediatek-or-Spreadtrum-Android-phone-3.jpg

5. Connect the Q386 to the PC via USB cable and then run adb devices and then press Enter

Hovatek-How-to-unlock-the-Bootloader-of-a-Mediatek-or-Spreadtrum-Android-phone-4.jpg

6. If you have setup' everything perfectly, then the Q386 should get detected under List of devices attached

Hovatek-How-to-unlock-the-Bootloader-of-a-Mediatek-or-Spreadtrum-Android-phone-5.jpg

7. Run adb reboot-bootloader to test the connection to the Q386 into Bootloader [Fastboot Mode]

Hovatek-How-to-unlock-the-Bootloader-of-a-Mediatek-or-Spreadtrum-Android-phone-6.jpg

8. The Q386 should now boot into [Fastboot Mode]

9. Run fastboot devices to test the connection to the Q386

Hovatek-How-to-unlock-the-Bootloader-of-a-Mediatek-or-Spreadtrum-Android-phone-7.jpg

10. If fastboot is set up right, you should see the ID printed out

Hovatek-How-to-unlock-the-Bootloader-of-a-Mediatek-or-Spreadtrum-Android-phone-8.jpg

11. Run fastboot oem unlock to unlock the Q386 Bootloader

Hovatek-How-to-unlock-the-Bootloader-of-a-Mediatek-or-Spreadtrum-Android-phone-13.jpg

12. You should get a prompt on the Q386 asking you to press Volume Up to Confirm or Volume Down to Cancel

13. Press Volume up on the Q386

14. Once Bootloader is Unlocked, reboot the Q386 using fastboot reboot

;) ENJOY! :p

ketan.xda

Oct 8, 2016
Spreadtrum SC9832 Micromax Bharat 2 Q402 - Bootloader Unlock

Hi,

I did the exact same thing to unlock bootloader of Micromax Q402, but on bootloader mode Q402 does not show any msg on screen, it is just black / blank screen.

So after giving command "fastboot oem unlock" it stuck, i cannot see anything on mobile screen to proceed. So I give "fastboot reboot" and come out.

I tried many times to unlock bootloader of this device, but nothing.. All the drivers and everything is properly installed.

I want to root this phone anyhow, i tried with Kingroot, Kingoroot, Tunesgo, Dr.Fone Root, but nothing..

Can you please help.. Thanks..

Edit: Well, just to mention, it is already done! Rooted thru Magisk, patch boot.

Last edited:

Esseker Aaron

Dec 6, 2016
Hi,

I did the exact same thing to unlock bootloader of Micromax Q402, but on bootloader mode Q402 does not show any msg on screen, it is just black / blank screen.

So after giving command "fastboot oem unlock" it stuck, i cannot see anything on mobile screen to proceed. So I give "fastboot reboot" and come out.

I tried many times to unlock bootloader of this device, but nothing.. All the drivers and everything is properly installed.

I want to root this phone anyhow, i tried with Kingroot, Kingoroot, Tunesgo, Dr.Fone Root, but nothing..

Can you please help.. Thanks..

Edit: Well, just to mention, it is already done! Rooted thru Magisk, patch boot.

Hey ! Can you tell me how you rooted Micromax q402 ? And can you send the boot.img ?