To avoid any possible issues, don't forget to backup your NVRAM so that you won't risk losing your IMEI. How-to: http://www.anythingultimate.in/2015/...partition.html
V07 Stock (Android 7.0)
V07 Stock (Android 7.0) With TWRP Recovery & Root (Magisk)
PLEASE NOTE:: After Installation, Animation Speeds need to be adjusted as the Rom will appear slow. Click Settings>About Phone> Tap On Build Number 5 Times to Enable Developer Options. Go Back To Settings, Then Developer Options, Find 'Window Animation Scale, 'Transition Animation Scale' and 'Animator Duration Scale' and change the values to .5x
V06 Stock (Android 7.0)
V06 Stock (Android 7.0) With TWRP Recovery & Root (Magisk) (See Instructions Below)
V05 Stock (Android 7.0)
V05 Stock (Android 7.0) With TWRP Recovery & Root (Magisk) (See Instructions Below)
V04 Stock (Android 7.0):
V04 Stock (Android 7.0) With TWRP Recovery & Root (Magisk) (See Instructions Below)
DRIVERS, TOOLS & FIXES
Latest SP Flash Tool:
Universal Safetynet Fix: (Only For Versions V04-V06)
See Here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2588979
UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER
Before proceeding with flashing ANY Rom through SP Tools, You will need to unlock the Bootloader. Make sure you install ADB first and follow these instructions provided by Oxofrmbl, Thank you Oxo
1) On the phone go to developer options and tick oem unlock and USB debugging
2) Connect device (Switched On)
3) Open adb console and Type "adb devices"
4) On the phone it should ask for permission, give permission
5) Then Type "adb reboot bootloader"
6) Wait for fast Boot Mode and then type "fastboot oem unlock"
7) On phone it's Asking if you really want and press the key for yes.
Now it should unlock the bootloader
INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL ALL MODDED VERSIONS WITH TWRP & ROOT:
I am NOT a developer and most likely will never be one. If you decide to follow these instructions, you agree that I will NOT be held responsible for any Bricked/Blown up device resulting from these instructions. I have not done anything to the Stock Rom except adding the Recovery & Magisk (Root) and this worked on my device. This method is the easiest way of having root & Twrp recovery on your phone, it took me over 3-4 hours to do it the hard way through ADB as never used it before. I have done this to save you the trouble....Gstar35
Please Download the following (Links Above):
Mediatek Drivers (Install Them)
Either V04, V05, V06 OR V07 Stock Rom With TWRP & Root (Magisk)
Universal Safetynet Fix (Only For Versions V04-V06)
Before Proceeding, Double check in your Developer Settings that USB debugging is ticked, Switch off phone and don't connect it to the computer yet.
1) Unzip the Modded Stock Rom to your desktop (You should just have a folder with the V04, V05, V06 or V07 Rom inside)
2) Start SP Tools (Run as Administrator)
3) Click Choose on Scatter Loading File, browse to the Modded Rom Folder on desktop and click MT6750_Android_scatter.text and it will load. If Download-Agent is blank, click choose and navigate to the SP Tool Folder and click MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin to load.
4) Make sure it's says 'Download only' in the drop down bar and that all files are checked.
5) Press 'Download' at the top and connect your phone (off) to your computer. Wait while it flashes until a green box comes up with a tick, unplug phone, Reboot. You should have a working stock rom with Magisk core files and Twrp Recovery (Phone off, Press Vol+ and the power button, choose Recovery in options to boot to Twrp recovery if needed.
Now...with phone on, Download & Install Magisk Manager from the following thread...https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445
Once installed, open and it should say Latest Version V16.0 & Installed Version 16.0 green ticked, on tapping the 'Start Safetynet Check', both will be red and fail, so we need to sort that out.... Click Install at bottom & Install again, Click the option Direct Install and follow the instructions to the phone reboots. If You've flashed V07, You're All Done....., If not, proceed to the next step below......
PLEASE NOTE: If you've installed Version V04-V06, Follow The Next Step To Pass All Safetynet Checks On Magisk...
After rebooting, put the Safetynet Fix file on the root of the phone by connecting your phone to computer. Once transferred, turn phone off & reboot to recovery (use instructions above to boot to recovery or download a Quick boot app of Playstore). Install the Safetynet Fix.zip through recovery and then 'Wipe Cache/dalvik' then reboot.
All Done, Your phone should be now rooted and pass all the safetynet checks. I did try unpacking the System.img to try include Magisk Manager and maybe some other things like Adaway etc into the Rom but not read up yet on repacking the files, so I got a bit more learning to do yet, but for now, this will do you.
- Xposed Framework: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3034811
Useful Third-Party Apps:
- Amplify: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...unbounce&hl=en
- Greenify: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...greenify&hl=en
HOMTOM S9 Plus - Development & Support, ROM for the Android General
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Last Updated 2018-03-22