How to fix unable to mount data internal storage 0mb in twrp permanently :

Search This thread
May 15, 2016
Note : This will wipe/format your Data partion and your data will be reset.

INSTRUCTIONS :

1) Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.

2) Go to Wipe menu.

3) Go to Advance Wipe.

4) Select Data and go to Repair or Change File System.

5) Click Repair File System. (If not fix, go to step number 6)

6) Go to Change File System.

7) Select Ext2 and swipe to confirm.

8) Now change back to Ext4 and swipe to confirm.

9) Now go back and check if your partions can be mount or not from Mount menu.

10) If not fix, repair your Internal partition. (This may wipe your Internal storage).

OR Unlock your bootloader again.

Last edited:

kulitkayu

Mar 11, 2012
help

INSTRUCTIONS :

2) Go to Wipe menu.

3) Go to Advance Wipe.

10) If not fix, repair your Internal partition. (This may wipe your Internal storage).

help me guys,, it not fix for me until step 9. so how to run step 10, I dont know to do it..

thanx

Reactions: JEETVYAS021

abdinsyakirin

Jan 12, 2014
JOHOR BAHRU
Hi! I did this to my Axon 7 now my phone stuck at "Your device software can't be checked for corruption......" screen. The phone cannot be turned off and pressing power button also not making anything to the device. I afraid that my phone is bricked. Before booting, after I did changing the system file type, TWRP said that no OS installed and it is very weird. Maybe somebody can give me any advice.

Reactions: Shibu Shaji
Hi! I did this to my Axon 7 now my phone stuck at "Your device software can't be checked for corruption......" screen. The phone cannot be turned off and pressing power button also not making anything to the device. I afraid that my phone is bricked. Before booting, after I did changing the system file type, TWRP said that no OS installed and it is very weird. Maybe somebody can give me any advice.
You wiped the system.
You can reinstall it or restore a backup if you have one

ash2002

Mar 15, 2019
Thank u very much !!!!!!?

I love you man! ...i wanna kiss you really ..!
I felt like crying when my lenovo p1m started bootlooping: like hell! Well now i am satisfied really.!

• Wow
Reactions: napimdedayagıye1

fireman130013

Apr 23, 2019
i have the same issue. i tried changing the file format but it just shows failed. i tried formating data method too. it just shows failed. i tried going into recovery and it just reboots into twrp again. i try flashing anything andf it opens into twrp again. all in all there is nothing i can do but use twrp and see eerything fail. also i installed twrp with odin if that helps. pls help guys

Reactions: tillua467

Sa9aX

Dec 21, 2011
Melbourne

INSTRUCTIONS :

2) Go to Wipe menu.

3) Go to Advance Wipe.

It worked for me made /data readable but when I rebooted the system (stock) all I got is the xperia screen going on a loop, nothing else. I had to re-installed the system and set-up everything again (system, twrp, magisk) but when I flash twrp and go to recovery I get that /data error again, wiping your internal storage doesn't help I get the same problem. When I install system (stock) I get this message "encrypting..." pop up when it boots the system, new clean install.

Reactions: Spad3s02

toidangsay

Aug 17, 2019

INSTRUCTIONS :

2) Go to Wipe menu.

3) Go to Advance Wipe.

help me guys,, it not fix for me until step 6. so how to run step 7, I dont know to do it..
samsung note 8 anroid 9

Nov 4, 2015

INSTRUCTIONS :

2) Go to Wipe menu.

3) Go to Advance Wipe.

Great work! Yea this worked on the Pixel 3. Changed from ext4 and then back to f2fs and after that data was able to mount! :)

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2015
This DID NOT workerd for me. Formatting data (or change to ext2 and ext4) only gives you TEMPORAL data access. After booting in the System then the data partition gets, again, inaccesible.

So what exactly are you aiming to do. I know if you just flash stock and boot the device, then reboot to fastboot then boot to twrp it should work fine. But if your trying to go straight after ./flash-all.sh then fastboot boot twrp then it wont work because the partition isn't formated yet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

INSTRUCTIONS :

2) Go to Wipe menu.

3) Go to Advance Wipe.

This DID NOT workerd for me. Formatting data (or change to ext2 and ext4) only gives you TEMPORAL data access. After booting in the System then the data partition gets, again, inaccesible.
    this put me in a bootloop and I had to use TWRP's recovery bootloop feature to get out.

0/10 didn't work don't recommend...
    sparrow, dont be that guy. share your experience, yes, theres also always something to be learned from, ahem, people messing up, but at least bother, its only 4 pages, do you know what the rest are saying?

a mix of successes with successes being reverted, but any new damage absent, which leads me to strongly believe: theyre ALL WRONG, you, my sweet child, have been wronged by the gods by virtue of having put you thru such undeserving harship... NOT!

come on, rework your rating/recommendation, unless youre fighting for a full refund.
    it's not a problem. your TWRP simply cannot handle LineageOS 20.0 encryption (yet).

the title of this thread is misleading. it's neither a fix nor a permanent solution (btw outdated, recent devices have f2fs file system type).

it's simply a temporary workaround to remove encryption. up on next boot your device becomes encrypted again.

for permanent workaround, disable encryption (if you can live without).

for permanent fix, wait for TWRP is released that is capable of decrypting Android 13.

INSTRUCTIONS :

2) Go to Wipe menu.

3) Go to Advance Wipe.

Great work! Yea this worked on the Pixel 3. Changed from ext4 and then back to f2fs and after that data was able to mount! :)