FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[How-to] Install GSI-A roms (Ulefone Armor 6)

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 65
 
By Extosis, Member on 28th October 2019, 09:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I started fiddling even more with installing GSI-A partitions roms into the Ulefone Armor 6 as of today. Here's how you install GSI-A roms. I have tried roms from Android 8-10 official & unofficial. Lineage, RR, Pixel Experience, & etc...

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible if you damage, brick, or willingly alter your phone in any way shape or form blah blah blah, you get the point.
I did not fully test with 100 certainty these GSI-A roms below. Even the ones below that I did test have many bugs/issues. The ones below were the ones that booted correctly for me. Test at your own discretion. Some of these roms wont have SU & GAPPS.


Prerequisites:
Make sure you have an unlocked bootloader.
Make sure your phone has, TWRP installed.
Make sure you have drivers installed, here.
Fastboot & ADB tools, here.


Rom's I've tested & boot on Armor 6:
Android 10
1. (AOSP) Android 10 by phhusson
2. PixelExperience 10.0 BETA by ExpressLuke
3. Havoc OS 3.0 by ExpressLuke
Android 8
4. Resurrection Remix by phhusson
Any other GSI-A roms being supported can be found here, feel free to try out your own if you feel like it.


Installation:
1. Place your device in, "Fastboot mode"
2. Open up command prompt (cmd) on your computer, cd into the folder where fastboot & adb is in, and type, "fastboot erase system"




3. Now flash the GSI-A image to your Armor 6 system partition. "fastboot flash system (what ever your system name).img"



4. This following command will format userdata & cache. "fastboot -w"



5. Last but not least step using fastboot, is to reboot your device. "fastboot reboot"


Now, pay attention.
When you flash the system image to your device, it only flashes the minimum data size that comes with the image. You have to reboot into TWRP, Resize /data partition & format to EXT4 to get the full 128GB partition size.


6. Boot into TWRP. To do this, power off the device and press both the, "Power button + Volume up button" at the same time during which you should see the bootloader menu. To move between options to have to press the volume up, until you are hovering over, "recovery" option. Then press volume down, to select recovery and boot into it.


7. Select the, "wipe" option.




8. Select & check mark, "Data" first, then secondly, select, "Repair or change file system."


9. Resize the data partition.



10. Now change the file system format, to, "EXT4"



Now reboot the phone

That's all there's to it. Not all GSI-A images will work, if they don't work, the developer of that GSI-A has to make it so. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Extosis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Extosis Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 11:36 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Flag Cruz das Almas
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
thanks dude, are roms working without bugs? mobile network and gps working?

Weekend I will try to install the Ressurection Remix or Pixel Experience (10), I'm still in doubt rsr, and bring news if it's working well with me. thanks!
28th October 2019, 11:45 PM |#3  
Pergmen's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
What is the current method we are using to bypass dm-verity?

Thanks a ton for your work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pergmen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pergmen Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 11:52 PM |#4  
Extosis's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pergmen

What is the current method we are using to bypass dm-verity?

Thanks a ton for your work.

I format the partitions to ext4 and flashed the dm-verity zip. I'll send you the link once I get home.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Extosis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Extosis Ad-Free
29th October 2019, 04:55 AM |#5  
Extosis's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMAAALLL BR

thanks dude, are roms working without bugs? mobile network and gps working?

Weekend I will try to install the Ressurection Remix or Pixel Experience (10), I'm still in doubt rsr, and bring news if it's working well with me. thanks!

The AOSP 10 by phh, has a bug that I came about, that my computer couldn't detect my Armor 6 device. So unless you have a wireless app, you cant transfer files locally as of this version.
Pixel Experience has a bug, that you have to register your device as a custom rom with google. Otherwise the device can't download Google Play Store apps. I am currently running this version. I'm testing it more. I didn't test Havoc completely, but it doesn't come with Google Play Store.
The Following User Says Thank You to Extosis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Extosis Ad-Free
29th October 2019, 01:32 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Cruz das Almas
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extosis

The AOSP 10 by phh, has a bug that I came about, that my computer couldn't detect my Armor 6 device. So unless you have a wireless app, you cant transfer files locally as of this version.
Pixel Experience has a bug, that you have to register your device as a custom rom with google. Otherwise the device can't download Google Play Store apps. I am currently running this version. I'm testing it more. I didn't test Havoc completely, but it doesn't come with Google Play Store.

oh, so I'm going to test Remix 9.0, I need USB working to test applications I develop.

Sent from my Armor_6 using Tapatalk
1st November 2019, 12:20 PM |#7  
Pergmen's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Unlocked the bootloader (After flashing to stock once) and flashed the following roms. Device is 6E:

PixelExperience
Resurrection Remix
UltraSuccRom

Bootloop on every one. All were ARM64, A bootable.

Interestingly, I couldn't get TWRP to boot/stick this time, either. Perhaps the official image is different? I have flashed to stock again and will go through the process of obtaining root. I will report back if flashing recovery with the TWRP app is successful.

[Update] TWRP installed through the TWRP app and can be booted through adb. I was able to successfully bypass DM-Verity. Attempting to boot into TWRP using key combinations apparently results in a system hang. I Will attempt flashing images with TWRP next.

[Update 2] No success with TWRP or Fastboot. Returning to stock...
2nd November 2019, 03:38 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Flag Cruz das Almas
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
does anyone have a link to dm verity to armor 6? thanks

Sent from my Armor_6 using Tapatalk
5th November 2019, 01:26 AM |#9  
Extosis's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pergmen

Unlocked the bootloader (After flashing to stock once) and flashed the following roms. Device is 6E:

PixelExperience
Resurrection Remix
UltraSuccRom

Bootloop on every one. All were ARM64, A bootable.

Interestingly, I couldn't get TWRP to boot/stick this time, either. Perhaps the official image is different? I have flashed to stock again and will go through the process of obtaining root. I will report back if flashing recovery with the TWRP app is successful.

[Update] TWRP installed through the TWRP app and can be booted through adb. I was able to successfully bypass DM-Verity. Attempting to boot into TWRP using key combinations apparently results in a system hang. I Will attempt flashing images with TWRP next.

[Update 2] No success with TWRP or Fastboot. Returning to stock...

My guide is for the Armor 6.
If I am not mistaken, I believe the Armor 6E has an A/B partition scheme. You can always check with the Treble Checker app on stock OS.
5th November 2019, 02:31 AM |#10  
Pergmen's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extosis

My guide is for the Armor 6.
If I am not mistaken, I believe the Armor 6E has an A/B partition scheme. You can always check with the Treble Checker app on stock OS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191104-172357.png
Views:	24
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	4866669

Unless it's wrong.
5th November 2019, 09:15 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pergmen

Attachment 4866669

Unless it's wrong.

Use A/B treble check gives A forsome reason but A ones dont work..
The Following User Says Thank You to poohju For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poohju Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
armor, armor 6, ulefone, ulefone armor 6, ulefone-armor-6

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes