3 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By 1edson, Junior Member on 10th September 2015, 12:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th April 2017, 05:06 PM |#11  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 28

More
thank you. I think method 3 works for me. I'm using oneplus 3 . and android 7.1.1
27th April 2017, 08:29 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
any way to get this working on a galaxy s8 ?
7th May 2017, 01:47 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
first option worked for me, aparently.. zenfone 3 nougat 7.0
8th May 2017, 05:51 AM |#14  

More
Hey, finally got the solution that works with the Galaxy S8!!

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

But I bet everybody knows it by now... anyway, if someone needs to know it's kinda easy though. Just gotta keep playing with the options. This way, you'll get sound, vibration and an icon on your locked up phone, but not the heads up banner, even if you've unlocked it and are either on the home, apps drawer pages or inside an app or game while using it. After you apply the solution, you need to restart or reboot the phone and that's it.

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

And as you all probably figure by now, the correct solution seems to be the one proposed by the great (to me anyway because he did it!) rostopira (post #9)! Thanks a lot! I was thinking on moving out to another phone until a solution came but now everything is cool... I know, I know, shouldn't despair and bail out so quickly but whaddayaknow maturity reaches us late in life!
8th May 2017, 08:26 AM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nauticasmexico

Hey, finally got the solution that works with the Galaxy S8!!

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

But I bet everybody knows it by now... anyway, if someone needs to know it's kinda easy though. Just gotta keep playing with the options. This way, you'll get sound, vibration and an icon on your locked up phone, but not the heads up banner, even if you've unlocked it and are either on the home, apps drawer pages or inside an app or game while using it. After you apply the solution, you need to restart or reboot the phone and that's it.

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

And as you all probably figure by now, the correct solution seems to be the one proposed by the great (to me anyway because he did it!) rostopira (post #9)! Thanks a lot! I was thinking on moving out to another phone until a solution came but now everything is cool... I know, I know, shouldn't despair and bail out so quickly but whaddayaknow maturity reaches us late in life!

hi, could you please explain the procedure to get it working ?
post number 9 solution needs your phone to be rooted so not much good on the s8 as far as i know ?
thank you
8th May 2017, 02:50 PM |#16  

More
Thanks for asking widget2k13!
Yes of course, you need to be rooted already and as you may guess, yes there's already root and TWRP for the S8. As usual there's already several threads for it here on XDA so I won't go into those details but it's very straight forward and you should be done in about 2 minutes after you download the Magisk version, which comes already with root. Please remember to remove PIN before you do it and all the rest should go easy enough.
8th May 2017, 03:08 PM |#17  

More
Thanks for the help but I was hoping for a fix without root, I've never had a rooted phone and don't want to void my warranty as I took out 2 year extended warranty, having a rooted phone will only benefit me for WhatsApp heads up and nothing else that I can think of.
9th May 2017, 09:14 AM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nauticasmexico

Thanks for asking widget2k13!
Yes of course, you need to be rooted already and as you may guess, yes there's already root and TWRP for the S8. As usual there's already several threads for it here on XDA so I won't go into those details but it's very straight forward and you should be done in about 2 minutes after you download the Magisk version, which comes already with root. Please remember to remove PIN before you do it and all the rest should go easy enough.

hi, i managed to root my phones and install the app but i dont see the app anywhere on my phone ?
could you please tell me how to get it working as this was my only reason to root the phone
thank you
9th May 2017, 01:04 PM |#19  

More
Thanks for asking! Actually you won't find the app anywhere, all it does is changing the heads up behavior but remember you need to restart or reboot your phone after you installed it.
So no, you won't need to do anything else, all the while assuming that you've already selected the proper notifications' options under both WhatsApp & Messages own settings.
First time I did it I thought nothing had changed but after I restarted the phone twice I realized it worked!
And it works at least with both Messages & WhatsApp, which were the 2 main concerns of mine at the moment. Now I get vibration, sound, an icon, a hidden banner but no pop-ups or flying banner as before and finally some privacy!
9th May 2017, 01:43 PM |#20  

More
Damn, still not working for me, changed all the settings correctly and restarted phone loads of times, looks like I rooted for nothing lol
9th May 2017, 09:30 PM |#21  

More
Tried method 4 on my s8 and the file does not exist on my phone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)