[HOWTO] 4 Ways To Disable Heads-Up Notifications In Lollipop

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By 1edson, Junior Member on 10th September 2015, 12:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st September 2017, 06:19 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The video doesn't show how to install System UI Tuner though.

21st September 2017, 08:16 PM |#42  
Flag Maidstone
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madfusker

The video doesn't show how to install System UI Tuner though.

System ui tuner is on play store
12th October 2017, 03:28 AM |#43  
Flag Itajubá - MG
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hello, first of all thanks for the simple guide to disable those annoying heads up notifications.

Another annoying thing (for me at least) is that low battery blinking led, when the battery goes under 15%.
Is there a simple way to disable that?
My phone is rooted and I used the terminal method to disable the heads up notifications, maybe there is a simple command that might disable the low battery blinking led... Thanks!
9th November 2017, 04:09 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I had success with modifying this xml file in Root Explorer:
/data/system/users/0/settings_global.xml

I edited
heads_up_notifications_enabled
to be 0 and rebooted.

It seems good so far.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slim26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slim26 Ad-Free
11th November 2017, 08:45 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Is this working on note 8?

Im getting mad trying to stop those notifications!!!
Thanks
23rd November 2017, 11:47 AM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Many many thanks!!!! There was an option in Android 6.0 to disable heads-up notifications. But after I upgraded to Android 7.0, it became SUPER F*CKING irritating. Whatsapp was continuously ruining by video/picture watching experience. Couldn't watch 1 video in peace.
Was so annoyed that I'd completely disabled Whatsapp notification. But this lead to my friends complaining that I wasn't looking at Whatsapp at all. So for a middle ground, I was searching to disable the annoying sh*t. Thank you once again!

I used the computer ADB method. The HeadsOff app isn't working. Although it's a neat feature, it should be used ONLY for SMS apps. Thankfully I use TEXTRA which gives me the opportunity to give separate pop-up instead of using the heads-up notification SDK.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by marci4na

Is this working on note 8?

Im getting mad trying to stop those notifications!!!
Thanks

I tried non-root ADB method in my Galaxy Note 8 Exynos and it worked like a charm!
27th November 2017, 12:09 AM |#47  
Flag system32
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shriganesh

Many many thanks!!!! There was an option in Android 6.0 to disable heads-up notifications. But after I upgraded to Android 7.0, it became SUPER F*CKING irritating. Whatsapp was continuously ruining by video/picture watching experience. Couldn't watch 1 video in peace.
Was so annoyed that I'd completely disabled Whatsapp notification. But this lead to my friends complaining that I wasn't looking at Whatsapp at all. So for a middle ground, I was searching to disable the annoying sh*t. Thank you once again!

I used the computer ADB method. The HeadsOff app isn't working. Although it's a neat feature, it should be used ONLY for SMS apps. Thankfully I use TEXTRA which gives me the opportunity to give separate pop-up instead of using the heads-up notification SDK.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

I tried non-root ADB method in my Galaxy Note 8 Exynos and it worked like a charm!

How the f*k they removed from nougat this feature now if u disable from advanced settings notification u wont get any notification no vibration no sound they should make like MM was better remove only pop up but not vibration. What a logic i dont understand i use now the above poster apk who coded is good and simple
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...93&postcount=9
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171127_005618.png
Views:	170
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	4343725  
27th November 2017, 04:52 AM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleros

How the f*k they removed from nougat this feature now if u disable from advanced settings notification u wont get any notification no vibration no sound they should make like MM was better remove only pop up but not vibration. What a logic i dont understand i use now the above poster apk who coded is good and simple
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...93&postcount=9

I know right??? In MM, it was possible to disable heads-up for specific apps. In Nougat they completely disabled to ability to enable or disable heads-up notifications.

I really wanted to use that app but my Note 8 isn't rooted. If I root loose my most important feature, Samsung Pay
27th November 2017, 10:24 PM |#49  
Flag system32
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shriganesh

I know right??? In MM, it was possible to disable heads-up for specific apps. In Nougat they completely disabled to ability to enable or disable heads-up notifications.

I really wanted to use that app but my Note 8 isn't rooted. If I root loose my most important feature, Samsung Pay

Yea true. U right but u can root with magisk safety pay is work only with xposed not work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171127_232733.png
Views:	132
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	4344576  
9th December 2017, 03:24 AM |#50  
Flag Jax and The DMV
Thanks Meter: 916

Donate to Me
More
this is awesome, THANKS!!

Just used it on a clean flash of 8.1
15th December 2017, 12:47 PM |#51  
Flag Mebane
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzpwhx

On S8 plus (not rooted) the only way to disable it ks to install System UI Tuner (adb needed), disactivate (for example) whatsapp notification (in settings/notification) and activate Power Notification feature on System UI Tuner. Now going back to whatsapp notification you must set level 3. Now on that app will not use head uo anymore

Not true, or poorly worded on your part since you didn't quote anyone (if you were specifically talking about an individual apk). The adb command worked fine for my S8+, unrooted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)