FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Leapdroid - a brand new and most performing Android virtual machine

926 posts
Thanks Meter: 483

By huisinro, Senior Member on 26th May 2016, 04:46 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Hi All,

We have just released a new Android virtual machine, called Leapdroid, it is a Windows program that allows you to run Android Apps in Windows. Our focus has been on graphics performance. It outperforms all other players on market, such as BlueStacks, Genymotions, Andyroid, etc... it supports a lot of games, and it it is totally free, you can download it from our website:

http://www.leapdroid.com

From development point of views, we have implemented most features that Google's emulator has, such as compatible adb. Our virtual machine is the only vm that can start adb before vm starts, same as a real device, so you can get the first line of adb logcat. We have also optimized other aspects of the system.

Check it out!

Leapdroid screenshot
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free

26th May 2016, 06:06 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley, California

More
Here is a video with Leapdroid playing a few games, including a shooting game. This video demonstrates the advanced key mapping feature.

[YOUTUBE]NWP8z4iMJYo[/YOUTUBE]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free
HyperLoop_WuWuWu
26th May 2016, 06:22 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Booting Speed is really amazing
I tried using several android emulators such as B****, G*****. Tried this new one. Having not gone through intensive usage now, I am already shocked by its launching speed. Amazing! Really beats others. It is a fresh boot, not like B****'s not shutting down and faking instant boot.
26th May 2016, 10:54 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
I forgot to mention that our vm supports multiple instances. After installations, two android virtual machines will be created.
The Following User Says Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free
27th May 2016, 06:47 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Has been looking around for a VM to play Minecraft. This is the only capable so far.
Thanks, Leapdroid!
The Following User Says Thank You to Minecraft_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Minecraft_ Ad-Free
29th May 2016, 05:02 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
How I can switch input language?
"Control + Spacebar" not working for me.
29th May 2016, 05:35 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
What is the Windows input method software you are using?
5th June 2016, 03:34 PM |#8  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 537

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huisinro

We have just released a new Android virtual machine, called Leapdroid,...

That looks awesome!!
One question: (You would rock some worlds with that)
Could you somehow release a version compiled for arm-thumb2 so windows-rt-JB users could finally open android apps on their first gen surface RT <3

Probably impossible, but I never give up the hope
The Following User Says Thank You to BIade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BIade Ad-Free
7th June 2016, 01:10 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Hi Blade,

Thanks for the nice suggestions. A thinner run-time version that can run on ARM systems is definitely our direction, but it will take quite sometime to implement. For the moment, we are focusing on developing a new generation of android virtual machine on X86 architecture. As you may have noted, current android virtual machines are still not that compatible if compared with a real android device, many apps still don't run well inside emulators. Leapdroid will lead in these aspects.
The Following User Says Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 10:12 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Good performance
Run very smoothly so far. Is there a way to install apps without using Google account?
The Following User Says Thank You to outrain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift outrain Ad-Free
HyperLoop_WuWuWu
9th June 2016, 01:24 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by outrain

Run very smoothly so far. Is there a way to install apps without using Google account?

Assuming you have your APK ready:
I've found the following information on their website h t t p : / / leapdroid . com / helpcenter . html. It seems that they reply on standard adb to install programs.
I typically use apkmirror to download APKs. What kind of channel do you use?

BTW: I do not understand XDA does not let me to post web links. Maybe for safety reason....
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, emulator, leapdroid, opengl, virtual machine
Previous Thread Next Thread