All about - Lenovo A5500-F

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By Zoidiano0, Member on 26th May 2015, 05:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th October 2015, 06:37 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i have that tablet but its not rooted and dont wish to root as use for sky-go so please advise best way to make firmware copy and i will try to help
24th October 2015, 04:04 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More

Could you please check if your ROM build number is A5500F_A442_000_029_150408_ROW

Anyway, even without root you'd probably be able to locate and send me the relevant apk/odex files if you have ES File Explorer or similar tool on you device (at least, I can do that on my unrooted samsung device). This might be a trial-and-error procedure, as I've never done it before, but if you're willing to try, I am too.

And thanks for the offer, whatever comes out of it :P
18th November 2015, 04:27 AM |#23  
Flag Magelang

More
Lenovo IdeaTab A8-5500-f BOOTLOP
Hi master ,
I have problems with this tablet , Lenovo IdeaTab A8-50 I just restart, I tried to enter recovery to wipe data remain always restart. can only enter fastboot . I tried to flash , but the tablet is not readable on pc . if you have a solution ?? help me , thank you very much . sorry i use translate
18th November 2015, 05:07 PM |#24  
Stock boot animation
Hello,
Could you please upload the stock boot animation of the Lenovo A8 A5500-F?
Cause last night I changed it and was kinda excited and didn't back up the stock (Original) boot animation either I renamed it to : bootanimation.zipbak
The bad thing is that the Rom Toolbox Pro didn't warn me that I'll lose it and that I need to make a backup. And I kinda want the original back so it wouldn't missing from my tab.
Although is there any problem if it will be missing or there could be any problems in the long run? Cause after a reboot last night it jammed on the lockscreen but I've pressed sound button down (-) & power button and it rebooted normally and it seems to be working just fine. I would appreciate if someone help me with this. I also need help in couple of other things and I can help with any files that someone may need from this device.
Thank you in advance ☺😎
1st December 2015, 11:04 PM |#25  

More
Where these roms can be found for download?
A5500F_A442_000_027_141207_ROW
A5500F_A442_000_029_150408_ROW

Previously my rom was A422_000_024_140328_ROW and when I tried to upgrade over OTA the update failed and tablet has bricked. At the moment it's flashed with A442_000_013_140526_ROW from the lenovo-russia forum be there is no new update over OTA.
11th January 2016, 04:05 AM |#26  

More
Hi, I had one of these rooted, and I tried to update it, which led to an error and now my device is bricked.

I tried following your instructions to unbrick, but I have been unsuccessful.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Thanks alot
12th January 2016, 10:53 PM |#27  

More
Same
Quote:
Originally Posted by legosrock8282

Hi, I had one of these rooted, and I tried to update it, which led to an error and now my device is bricked.

I tried following your instructions to unbrick, but I have been unsuccessful.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Thanks alot

I have TWRP installed and I can access the recovery, but it won't boot past it. Also the flash method fails.
14th January 2016, 11:22 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyam_yam

I have TWRP installed and I can access the recovery, but it won't boot past it. Also the flash method fails.

Anyone have any idea's about this fault? It's still not flashing so I can't restore to stock. Please help.
29th January 2016, 03:49 AM |#29  

More
a5500f ota update
hello, i have this tablet i rooted it now the ota update fails. anybody know how to get the ota update on rooted tablet. i tried factory reset didnt work.
1st February 2016, 03:09 AM |#30  
OP Member

More
the factory reset does nothig to the system partition so if u have root an install xposed framework its going to fail
i used to have the same problem so i copy the update file from the sd card ( or whatever is placed ) and open it an and edit the update-script file
by deleting the security checks

if u can please upload the update file
and i can show u the lines that u need to edit and to have a backup of the file to use for other people
1st February 2016, 03:15 AM |#31  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyam_yam

Anyone have any idea's about this fault? It's still not flashing so I can't restore to stock. Please help.

its the same problem that i have
i try to flash he system with flash tool but not work stops at 28-33% and never works that i did was buy a new mainboard
cuz sees like the memory chip is just bad

i even try be uploading a older backup but nothing work
the only think that i can do is install all the partitions but no the system one

now that my tablet is up and running again i'm going to keep trying to port cyanogenmod to it
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoidiano0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zoidiano0 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a5500-f, firmware, lenovo, recovery, tablet

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)